+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nashville

Nashville

Bring it in. Saturday 16 December

Being close to home I think it will be Wednesday the 13th through Sunday the 17th. Maybe a longer run, I don't know!

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Being close to home I think it will be Wednesday the 13th through Sunday the 17th. Maybe a longer run, I don't know!
    With the arena being open from the 9th - 18th he'll at least have to do a week to meet the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Bring it in. Saturday 16 December
    With my excitement, I'm getting things wrong today. Bring it on.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    At least the announcement has been made, now peeps can shift from speculation to planning, from trying to out guess Garth to actually setting themselves into the actual ticket buying
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

What I'm curious about is whether Saturday the 9th would be a legitimate option to open the Nashville run or not. There is an NHL game the night before (Friday the 8th) in the arena. Could they get everything turned around and stage setup done in time to play the next night? I'm not familiar with how long those things take or what precedence has been on the tour thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by STLGarth View Post
    With the arena being open from the 9th - 18th he'll at least have to do a week to meet the demand.
    I may be wrong, but I just don’t think he plays all week in the arena. I’m from Nashville and just last week we had the Kenny Chesney, Thomas Rhett, Old Dominion stadium show go on sale and those tickets were very expensive. I think that may knock out some casual fans. Garth has also pretty much played the entire US including Atlanta’s new stadium just a couple of weeks ago. I know people, including myself, from Nashville that went to that show.

This isn’t the flood relief show from 7 years ago when he was still in “retirement” and people came from everywhere to see him. Don’t get me wrong, I think there will be lots of out of towners and 5 shows wouldn’t surprise me. However, I will be shocked if he plays from the 9th-18th like many seem to think. I think Thursday-Sunday with a couple of matinees is most likely scenario. It’s not like that isn’t enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by jb2sprint View Post
    What I'm curious about is whether Saturday the 9th would be a legitimate option to open the Nashville run or not. There is an NHL game the night before (Friday the 8th) in the arena. Could they get everything turned around and stage setup done in time to play the next night? I'm not familiar with how long those things take or what precedence has been on the tour thus far?
    Well thats no problem. During the flood relief shows he played Thursday and Friday, on Saturday there was a NHL game and then he played Sunday again.
    Last edited by 18hundert48; 11-01-2017 at 01:18 PM.

I hope it will not stretch over 2 weekends, but just in case... I have taken off from work from Dec 8 - 22! Nashville, here I come!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowland_Kid View Post
    I hope it will not stretch over 2 weekends, but just in case... I have taken off from work from Dec 8 - 22! Nashville, here I come!
    I'll see you over there. I'm going for 3 weeks. Going to see George Strait in Vegas for the 8th. Onto Nashville to see Garth from the 9th to the 20th, then onto Memphis for a few days because it's so close to Nashville and would love to visit Graceland.

onto Memphis for a few days because it's so close to Nashville and would love to visit Graceland.
    Nashville's not TERRIBLY close to Memphis.. more like 1/2 to 2/3 of the way across the state.. (212 miles.. about 2 1/2 to 3 hours one way driving)

still, memphis i s nice to see. Beale street.. great BBQ restaurants (go local!) and music... Graceland- definitely interesting...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Nashville's not TERRIBLY close to Memphis.. more like 1/2 to 2/3 of the way across the state.. (212 miles.. about 2 1/2 to 3 hours one way driving)

still, memphis i s nice to see. Beale street.. great BBQ restaurants (go local!) and music... Graceland- definitely interesting...
    Well it's in the same state and considering I'm coming over from Ireland, I consider Memphis to be close to Nashville.

hey fair 'enough.. I had the same type of thinking you do when I was in nashville and drove the path from nashville to memphis and back.. took a lot longer than you'd think.. it is about halfway cross the state..

s I said though- go to beale street, listen to some blues music, get some bbq- all awesome! Graceland is quite the site

approx same as

brussels to amsterdam
    just a bit shorter than london to paris
    about 50miles shorter than belfast to Cork in ireland...

just giving you an idea of the spacing.. . and distance...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I'll see you over there. I'm going for 3 weeks. Going to see George Strait in Vegas for the 8th. Onto Nashville to see Garth from the 9th to the 20th, then onto Memphis for a few days because it's so close to Nashville and would love to visit Graceland.
    Awesome, sounds like a great trip! I am not sure yet when I will travel. I think I will stay in Nashville, because I have never been there and would love to check it out!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

So Garth got 5 sold out shows then tweeted he owed Nashville another show. No details came though he implied they would come at last nightís presser. Interesting.

New Date is 12/22
    tix on sale thursday

If Garth adds a 7th show would he actually play the 23rd?

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    If Garth adds a 7th show would he actually play the 23rd?
    It looks like they have to take the stage down on the 18th. The arena has some events going on for a few days. They aren't going to tear down the stage and put it up again for just one concert. The way how this is going, I don't think he's playing two shows a night, so I'm guessing the 23rd will be added as well.

It looks like they have to take the stage down on the 18th. The arena has some events going on for a few days. They aren't going to tear down the stage and put it up again for just one concert. The way how this is going, I don't think he's playing two shows a night, so I'm guessing the 23rd will be added as well.
    Iím just shocked heíd play 2 days before a Christmas.

I’m just shocked he’d play 2 days before a Christmas.
    I'm shocked hearing he's playing the 22nd.

I'm shocked hearing he's playing the 22nd.
    Iím wondering if it may only be the one show added. Garth seemed to imply on Studio G that they were doing Friday (as opposed to Saturday) so the crew could go home for Christmas. Although he didnít specifically say that you could kind of read between the lines. (He talks about it at the 3:30 or so mark of the Facebook live this week.)

I’m wondering if it may only be the one show added. Garth seemed to imply on Studio G that they were doing Friday (as opposed to Saturday) so the crew could go home for Christmas. Although he didn’t specifically say that you could kind of read between the lines. (He talks about it at the 3:30 or so mark of the Facebook live this week.)
    Makes a lot of sense.

Maybe two shows on Friday?

I'm really surprised he didn't take advantage of the entire open week in between his shows now.

I'm really surprised he didn't take advantage of the entire open week in between his shows now.
    Me too. Seems kind of shocking with the whole week open. The only thing I can figure is either he desperately doesn't want to play during the week or there may be some things going on in the arena that aren't public events. I live in Nashville so I do know that lots of artists will rent the arena out to do rehearsals for their tours, etc. Always possible something like that is going on, but isn't on public calendar.

Being from Nashville I have waited on this run 3 years. I've been to 7 shows on the tour, but wanted to hit all of these if possible. However, if I could only do ONE SHOW on the entire tour it would be the last one whatever that is. I went to closing night for the last world tour in College Station, TX in 1998 and it was epic. I'm sure this will be no different. I thought for sure that the 17th was closing night. Now it's been moved to the 22nd. I can do the 22nd, but if he does a show on the 23rd I won't be able to go. We will have family Christmas events out of town. Would be so disappointing since that is the one I've basically had my eye on for 3 years.

Me too. Seems kind of shocking with the whole week open. The only thing I can figure is either he desperately doesn't want to play during the week or there may be some things going on in the arena that aren't public events. I live in Nashville so I do know that lots of artists will rent the arena out to do rehearsals for their tours, etc. Always possible something like that is going on, but isn't on public calendar.

Being from Nashville I have waited on this run 3 years. I've been to 7 shows on the tour, but wanted to hit all of these if possible. However, if I could only do ONE SHOW on the entire tour it would be the last one whatever that is. I went to closing night for the last world tour in College Station, TX in 1998 and it was epic. I'm sure this will be no different. I thought for sure that the 17th was closing night. Now it's been moved to the 22nd. I can do the 22nd, but if he does a show on the 23rd I won't be able to go. We will have family Christmas events out of town. Would be so disappointing since that is the one I've basically had my eye on for 3 years.

Iím in a similar spot. We are coming in the weekend before. My wife has approved a return trip for me the next weekend, but I cannot do a Saturday night show.

I am shocked that he is playing the 22nd and 23rd. Just seems so close to Christmas. I bought a single to each of those shows. Totally screwed up my Christmas plans, but closing night of the tour is the night I want to do.

I am shocked that he is playing the 22nd and 23rd. Just seems so close to Christmas. I bought a single to each of those shows. Totally screwed up my Christmas plans, but closing night of the tour is the night I want to do.
    Awesome! I was able to get 2 pretty good seats for the 23rd and a hotel for a good price. I wanted that last show of the tour too! That makes 3 weekends in a row to Nashville.

Awesome! I was able to get 2 pretty good seats for the 23rd and a hotel for a good price. I wanted that last show of the tour too! That makes 3 weekends in a row to Nashville.
    Same here. Was able to score a single ticket for every show. I live in Nashville so fortunately no travel necessary. I may have to give up a couple of shows because somewhere in there we've got to do some family Christmas stuff. However, the 23rd (ie. closing night) was the one I had my eye on.

Like some have said, I was really hoping to get tickets for his last show and was super excited that i got 2 for the 17th, saying to myself ďhe certainly wonít play the wknd before Christmas.Ē But alas he is. That original wknd is the only one my husband was off so our only option. Iím still excited to be coming to Nashville for the wknd tho. We can enjoy the sights and sounds of broadway for two days and end with Garth. Iím also excited that my hubby let me get tix since this will be #7 for me/us this tour. I didnít want my last experience on this tour to end with the somewhat disappointing show at Mercedes Benz.
    See yíall in Nashville.

Cat

+ Reply to Thread