+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VIP Guitar question

VIP Guitar question

Apologies if this has been answered, but what is the guitar that you get for the VIP experience? Is it his model or more of a 'souvenir' guitar?

Also, for those of you in Atlanta last week, what was the VVIP boxed set? Some of you mentioned splurging
    Matt
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"-GB

I do believe it's an import Takamine guitar. You don't get his signature guitar.

From my understanding, it's a cheaper guitar by the same manufacturer, Takamine, but it's not Garth's model nor does it even have the cut out like his GB7c. But it's a decent actual guitar.

I was in Atlanta but didn't pull the trigger on the VVIP ticket. I did look but didn't see anyone carrying it around. My guess is close parking came with the ticket so they either put it in their car or maybe it was mailed to them after ticket was purchased. I would love to see the box set myself.

It was literally just the target version of the box set. Complete with red stickers and everything. The lady in front of me had one and was NOT happy. Glad I didn't do VIP. It was $1200+ for a 2nd row ticket and a target box set compared to the face value I paid for my ticket in the 3rd row millimeters from the $1200+ seats.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Man, they are REALLY trying to move those boxed sets aren't they
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

So you don't get a guitar anymore?

It said one of only 260. There was VIP then VVIP. Maybe they were supposed to be autographed? I would have been ticked off too. I thought about it just for the box set when VVIP prices dropped from $2500 to $1450.

Here's my question: when you do buy a VIP thing do they even give you front row seats?

Not at his regular tour stops, first two rows are for upgrades. Mercedes Benz show was a bit different as it was organized by other people, hence the presale tickets that were also sold.

First row was still upgrades for groups of women and the occasional guy with them.
    Rows 2-3 were for Vip. But since no one was buying VIP the 2-3 rows became face value the day before hence I was able to snatch them up. Less than 2 dozen people got VIP as I talked to one lady who did. No guitar or anything other than being able to hear a small part of the sound check and getting the Target version of the last box set. I would be VERY upset.

+ Reply to Thread