+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth to Perform at the CMA's Next Month

Garth to Perform at the CMA's Next Month

Garth Brooks will be one of the performers at the CMA's next month where he has once again been nominated for Entertainer Of The Year. The show will air at 8pm Eastern time on Wednesday, November 8, on ABC.

http://www.nashcountrydaily.com/2017...c-church-more/

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Maybe it will be the next single!

The smart thing to do would be to perform Ask Me How I Know. Being on national television would introduce it to people who don't know about it, get people talking about it, and really give the song a boost towards the #1 spot.

He WILL sing Ask Me How I Know. I'm glad to hear that!

http://wncy.com/news/articles/2017/n...nce-next-week/

Hopefully his voice is strong after the 5 shows he is about to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    He WILL sing Ask Me How I Know. I'm glad to hear that!

http://wncy.com/news/articles/2017/n...nce-next-week/
    I was kinda hoping it would be something he might be releasing so that everyone is introduced to it.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I was kinda hoping it would be something he might be releasing so that everyone is introduced to it.
    Yeah, but with Ask Me How I Know now being in the top ten, he'd be crazy not to play that in an effort to push it as close to #1 as possible.

Nice to see Brad Paisley stand up for the 1st Amendment. I guess the Country Music community feels uncomfortable discussing important issues like gun violence, so censorship is their solution. Hopefully they rescind their decision, otherwise I won't be watching the telecast, except perhaps for the 1 Garth song, and only if I know exactly when that is airing here on the West Coast. I guess 5 weeks after the Las Vegas tragedy, it's still too soon to discuss this issue. Like I've figured, they've forgotten it already, and want to move on. I'm sure they'll send "thoughts & prayers" though during the telecast.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Nice to see Brad Paisley stand up for the 1st Amendment. I guess the Country Music community feels uncomfortable discussing important issues like gun violence, so censorship is their solution. Hopefully they rescind their decision, otherwise I won't be watching the telecast, except perhaps for the 1 Garth song, and only if I know exactly when that is airing here on the West Coast. I guess 5 weeks after the Las Vegas tragedy, it's still too soon to discuss this issue. Like I've figured, they've forgotten it already, and want to move on. I'm sure they'll send "thoughts & prayers" though during the telecast.
    I had a similar reaction. Regardless of anyoneís political opinions, I would like to think MOST people would agree that itís wrong to censor the press. Extremely disappointing move by the CMA.

The CMA has apologized and lifted the media restrictions.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/ente...air/829076001/

Back to the main topic at hand...looking forward to Garth's performance!

I agree with everyone that censorship is not the answer. However, I get why the CMA did what they initially did. Politics have entered virtually every area of life to the point that you canít listen to music or watch a TV show without people spouting political agendas. Itís exhausting. Like I canít stress that enough. Itís EXHAUSTING!

Sometimes I donít want to hear about tragedy, gun rights or politics. The CMA wants the focus to be on the show, music, their artists and what is good about the format. All it will take is someone saying something controversial or a media member twisting a quote and then the big story out of the CMAs will be political. They donít want that and I donít blame them. At the same time censorship isnít the answer.

One reason I love country music is I think the artists will handle themselves with class and hopefully keep politics to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I agree with everyone that censorship is not the answer. However, I get why the CMA did what they initially did. Politics have entered virtually every area of life to the point that you can’t listen to music or watch a TV show without people spouting political agendas. It’s exhausting. Like I can’t stress that enough. It’s EXHAUSTING!

Sometimes I don’t want to hear about tragedy, gun rights or politics. The CMA wants the focus to be on the show, music, their artists and what is good about the format. All it will take is someone saying something controversial or a media member twisting a quote and then the big story out of the CMAs will be political. They don’t want that and I don’t blame them. At the same time censorship isn’t the answer.

One reason I love country music is I think the artists will handle themselves with class and hopefully keep politics to a minimum.
    Amen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I agree with everyone that censorship is not the answer. However, I get why the CMA did what they initially did. Politics have entered virtually every area of life to the point that you can’t listen to music or watch a TV show without people spouting political agendas. It’s exhausting. Like I can’t stress that enough. It’s EXHAUSTING!

Sometimes I don’t want to hear about tragedy, gun rights or politics. The CMA wants the focus to be on the show, music, their artists and what is good about the format. All it will take is someone saying something controversial or a media member twisting a quote and then the big story out of the CMAs will be political. They don’t want that and I don’t blame them. At the same time censorship isn’t the answer.

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    What Did Brad Paisely say??

The Vegas tragedy should be allowed to be mentioned, since it involved a country music artist, doesnt matter if you think, there should be waiting lists at gun shows, or if you think you should be allowed to pack heat no matter where you go, nothing wrong with discussing it. Then again it would be kinda nice to watch a show without politics.

Im not a American, if I was I I would be a democrat, but this years Emmy's got ruined with all the politics involved.

Banning then media from asking an artist about vegas, is downright disgusting though.

I agree that the CMA's shouldn't have threatened the reporters' credentials if they asked about the tragedy in Vegas or what the artists think about gun rights.

But I also agree that because of the current state of American politics, and because reporters are generally hungry for cheap click-bait stories, and because many reporters have an agenda (on both side of the American political spectrums), I agree with rhd13 that the reason they did it is so that artists don't get unwittingly cornered and thrown into a political controversy that would far overshadow the reason they are there; to pat themselves on the back for their music. Do these artists have opinions on gun rights and/or gun control? Sure. But they likely don't want to be pressured into sharing those opinions for fear that they will alienate half their audience, face boycotts, become Twitter-fodder, etc.

These guys just want to sing and have fun. I'm sure the CMA's want the stories to be about the artists and the performances, not the political opinions that whoever shares on the red carpet.

So again, I agree they shouldn't have censored the event or threatened the reporters (and I'm glad that the restrictions have been lifted), but I agree with rhd13 and 100% see WHY they did it.

I would respect Jason Aldean enough not to answer the reporters if asked. Knowing what I said would be over the news, I wouldn't want Jason to have to be reminded on a night meant to celebrate the CMAs.

I'm glad they rescinded the restrictions but I understand why they initially did it. A lot of media members will won't nothing more than a sound bite.

I'm hoping Garth has his voice back by tomorrow night. A powerful performance of this song on the CMAs could be enough to push it to #1. Anyway he would lip sync it again like he did with All American Kid? I sure hope he doesn't but his voice was gone for Inside Studio G and I've heard him in several radio spots today and it was still pretty hoarse.

+ Reply to Thread