+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Live Single?

Live Single?

Garth apparently said recently that the next single is going to be from a live recording.

ďWith the tour ending, all the live stuff is now coming to a boil, I think the next song ó if itís something off a record youíve heard or if itís brand new ó I think itís going to be a live version of it,Ē he says.

Read More: Garth Brooks Planning to Release Live Radio Single | http://tasteofcountry.com/garth-broo...ckback=tsmclip

I hope they start playing a new song if they're going to do this. Releasing an old song would slam the breaks completely on the current momentum he has from Ask Me How I Know being a hit.

What new song would it be I wonder. Whiskey to Wine? What else has he been playing?

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    What new song would it be I wonder. Whiskey to Wine? What else has he been playing?
    I dunno, but am I the only one feels that there could easily be 1-12 more singles from Gunslinger before he moves on to the live album?

I love The Call. I hope it makes one of the anthologies.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

He could easily release He Really Loves You, or HonkyTonk Somewhere. On the limited edition I love Sugarcane. Those would be big hits I believe.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by LostSessions View Post
    He could easily release He Really Loves You, or HonkyTonk Somewhere. On the limited edition I love Sugarcane. Those would be big hits I believe.
    Yeah, I think He Really Loves You and HonkyTonk Somewhere would have a real chance. But to my knowledge, he has never played those live. Maybe he'll play something new in Lincoln this weekend.

EDIT: I always thought HonkyTonk would be a great concert opener.

I was just thinking a little bit about it and thought about him playing in Tacoma in a few weeks. I would bet he plays Tacoma in Tacoma. That's one of those songs that should have been a single, but never got its day. Could it be recorded and released as a single ahead of the live album?

I suspect it'll be something new. It'd be really weird to release an old song as a single. I also don't think it would interfere with Gunslinger singles at radio, but a live single isn't going to do well with them. Radio just doesn't play live tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    I suspect it'll be something new. It'd be really weird to release an old song as a single. I also don't think it would interfere with Gunslinger singles at radio, but a live single isn't going to do well with them. Radio just doesn't play live tracks.
    Agreed on live singles. Radio hates them.

If it is something new, then it'd almost have to be a studio track that's artificially made to sound like a live track, since he hasn't played any "new" songs in any of his shows.

So with all the Anthology talk it feels like Triple Live has gotten lost in the shuffle. The talk of a live single makes me think it is still coming though. The question is it going to be released next month too?

I think it will also be a part of some sort of package. That paired with the Vegas concert/official New York release...something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    I think it will also be a part of some sort of package. That paired with the Vegas concert/official New York release...something along those lines.
    I’m guessing we’ll probably get it in mid December.

I had an idea pop up during Studio G tonight. What if it was a live version of Tacoma since that is where he is about to play and it really is one of the best songs from that album. There has been You Tube footage of him singing Tacoma in concert before it was taken down in the past. Wasn't there a lot of talk on here how that was going to possibly be his first release when coming back from retirement??

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I had an idea pop up during Studio G tonight. What if it was a live version of Tacoma since that is where he is about to play and it really is one of the best songs from that album. There has been You Tube footage of him singing Tacoma in concert before it was taken down in the past. Wasn't there a lot of talk on here how that was going to possibly be his first release when coming back from retirement??
    Great minds think alike. Read my post a few scrolls up.

Yeah, I remember hearing that Caitlyn Smith demo when we all thought that was going to be the single. I wish it was. I think it would've been a smash. It's as good of a song as Ask Me How I Know and it would have had the luxury of being the comeback single. A definite top 5 hit at least.

My bad I skimmed over it too quickly when I was reading. You're right about that great minds comment! Lol

I heard All American Kid on the Garth channel tonight and was thinking about how great the crowd response was when I saw video of him performing it in concert. That'd be a great live single, but I haven't heard of him playing it since maybe around the 4th of July?

+ Reply to Thread