+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music Opportunities

Music Opportunities

I know some members say Garth doesn't do what other artists do. But for this post I am assuming that Garth is copying The Beatles and other artists who have done Anthology albums and country music is famous for multiple greatest hits and theme albums. So what sort of theme and other albums would you like to see if Garth followed tradition? Could he copy The Beatles with a Masters album, could he release a 2 or 3 album set with all his albums with the original album and a second or third disc with outtakes and versions, acoustic versions etc. Knowing that Garth is going for RIAA numbers and Diamond Awards, we must assume that he will find ways to re-release his music. At the top of my list would be an album of all his duets with other artists he has sung with. Maybe add songs he sung backup with.

Well.....The Beatles did Itunes. When does that come up on his timeline

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    BOOM!! haha!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I know some members say Garth doesn't do what other artists do. But for this post I am assuming that Garth is copying The Beatles and other artists who have done Anthology albums and country music is famous for multiple greatest hits and theme albums.
    I know I've said he doesn't do what other artists do, and he doesn't. . No use in thinking so.. Honestly though.. gotta cut you a bit of slack ,uk... you did say you were assuming (I bolded it in your quote above).. mo problem there.. agreed- Country has done multiple. greatest hits.. theme albums? yeah I see that too..

So what sort of theme and other albums would you like to see if Garth followed tradition?
    interesting question, other than that he won't "follow tradition" as you're suggesting- his past has indicated that, his style indicates that...

Could he copy The Beatles with a Masters album, could he release a 2 or 3 album set with all his albums with the original album and a second or third disc with outtakes and versions, acoustic versions etc.
    Bold part above denotes the important thing.. COULD he? sure.. He could do anything, even release an album of food related songs to go as a hidden extra to Trisha's next cookbook- but it isn't going to happen.. Garth doesn't 'do things' as other bands do.. never really has..
    Knowing that Garth is going for RIAA numbers and Diamond Awards, we must assume that he will find ways to re-release his music.
    Agreed, he has learned from some of his influences (I put KISS at the top of the list here... their re-releasing patterns are pathetic, but very easily seen.. )

At the top of my list would be an album of all his duets with other artists he has sung with. Maybe add songs he sung backup with.
    In all fairness, why not make that type of album yourself? it's not gonna happen in the manner of your suggestion, I feel, but it'd be interesting. You could have an album already with songs connected to TY, M. McBride, C Ledoux, R Wade Kimes, Steve Wariner... a full album with just those recordings...

UK, don't get the idea i'm trying to slam you... I think the prospects are interesting.. but saying 'assuming' and 'could' don't change the fact that Garth's just not gonna do things (even if the fans want it to happen) just because other bands do it...

Garth has already done theme albums - look at the latest collection.. they are "themed" in the discs.. same with the BIAOMR set...

What other albums? Heck I'd love to see a solo accostic type of album.. maybe an official hungry years type of covers release.. it won't happen, but it'd be nice to hear...

I'd love more than anything to see unreleased/new/old music from his pen... there has to be stuff that'd be great to hear.. again- not likely to happen, but a good idea-

Not to mention, but GarthCop nailed a great point- the beatles did realize the good part of digital music and went with iTunes.. why not Garth? why doesn't he do the smart thing and also go with iTunes.. It doesn't mean Garth couldn't still be doing his thing on Amazon... (heck the beatles do that too..) Garth wouldn't' be able to be the control freak and micromanager that he is fully though.. That's the issue there
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post

BOOM! where's the like button?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

HOTEL CALIFORNIA: 40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION will be available on November 24th, as a Deluxe (2CD/1 Blu-ray), Expanded (2CD), and remastered CD editions. Presented in an 11 x 11 hardbound book, the Deluxe edition features the original studio album, ten previously unreleased live recordings, as well as hi-res and 5.1 mixes, plus rare and unseen photos, 3 posters and a replica tour book.

This would be something cool for Garth to do. It would let him get more numbers for RIAA as well up the numbers for each album. He could do this in 12 years since we currently have the Anthology coming out.

+ Reply to Thread