+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth Passes 6 Million, Sets North American Record...again

Garth Passes 6 Million, Sets North American Record...again

That's awesome! I'm responsible for six of those tickets! lol

I am curious to why Garth doesn't report his concert grosses to Billboard? You think with all fascination with numbers, he would love to be on this chart.

Only thing I can think of is taxes. He actually sells 6 million, calms income of 3 million and pockets the net profit! I'm kidding of course. I often wondered the same thing?!

I would imagine that it's because he sells his tickets for so much less then others in his status. Imagine if he sold 6 million tickets and made 400 million and U2 sold 6 million and made 900 million. The talk would be that Garth is only the top American tour because of discount tickets. It would take away from the accomplishment. I think if he topped the highest gross of any tour, he'd report it. I think that is why, and I'd probably do the same thing so people couldn't tarnish the accomplishment.

Same argument with movies. You might be right. If you go by gross amount, Titanic or maybe now The Force Awakens has made the most, but if you go buy ticket sales or inflation it's Gone With The Wind (atleast it was a while back in the US). But I also think $75 is enough to be close to average where people couldn't use that...idk

I don't know. I don't know how much the top tours sold for, but I know I've seen Jimmy Buffet, Billy Joel, and George Strait and I paid over $200-250 for tickets in the same general area (15 rows or closer back on any side of stage) that I can get Garth tickets for $75-80 (if I'm lucky)

+ Reply to Thread