+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally...

Finally...

I know that few people really care about collecting but I love getting new Garth stuff. Today I finally found a copy of TUH with the sticker that said Final Pressing. I buy 2 copies of all cds and boxed sets. I had one copy of the 2 disc version without the sticker but needed a second copy of 2 disc version. The sticker was just a bonus. Living in a small town without a record stor makes it hard to get music. And ordering off Amazon doesn't let you know what version or cover etc you are getting. Can't wait to see what the anthology has to offer.

I'm sure that sticker is just to scare people into buying it... lol

I collect too but honestly don't remember picking up a 2 disc version yet. I've got several of the 3 disc ones...

I didn't know either but found my first copy at Wally World. Now I got my second copy. It is TUH without the DVD. I wanted a second copy but was hoping to find one with the sticker. I am just curious how he will package the cds when he has the Pearl Records imprint. Will they stay the same or have something to distinguish them.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I am just curious how he will package the cds when he has the Pearl Records imprint. Will they stay the same or have something to distinguish them.
    You've asked several times that you wonder how the CDs will be packaged when Pearl puts them out by itself. But as I've said before, I am 99% sure that the new-ish 2016 2-disc version of TUH IS a Pearl solo release. On the back cover of the 2-disc version I have, the copyright info says: "℗ 2007, 2016 Pearl Records Inc. ..." If you look up the 2016 2-CD version on Amazon, it actually has a picture of what the back cover looks like. A somewhat blurrier version can also be seen here.

But I'm pretty sure that on the 2014 version there're big "RCA" & "Legacy" logos on the back of the jewel case (I can't find a pic of the back cover online, but you can see the logos on the disc here). I'm also pretty sure that the copyright info on the back reads something along the lines of "This compilation ℗ & 2007 Pearl Records ... under exclusive license to Sony Music [or Legacy or RCA or something like that]."

In other words, I'm almost certain that the version you just bought answers the question you keep asking. The new 2016 version of The Ultimate Hits IS a Pearl solo release, so what you have in your hand is how Garth is going to handle it.

Interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure the 2007 version was a Pearl only release too. That version's copyright info reads "This compilation ℗ 2007 Pearl Records, Inc...."
    (See here, or you can also see it by clicking on the "More images" link under the cover on this page).
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 09-29-2017 at 02:44 AM.

I understand what you are saying. But what I am curious is that I was told that Garth has total control under pearl with no licensing with Capital or Rca or Sony or whoever he had deals with. He has supposedly bought out the songwriters and owns everything, copywrites, masters etc. So he supposedly has been trying to clear the shelves of the stuff he had with other companies etc. Plus this CD is being retired like the Hits so it is the last pressing. But as far as his regular catalog is what I am curious about. Good information though. :-)

+ Reply to Thread