+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The Anthology...

Amazon had the Limited for 22.99 (down from 39.99 according to them) and the regular for 24.99. Now the only thing I can find on Amazon is Limited for 19.97. Only regular editions are from other sellers.

Just bought a copy of The Anthology as a Christmas present for a friend and the Anthology display was only 1/3 full. More than half the copies were gone. In the book section they had 3 left. Looks like it is doing well. Haven't checked COSTCO or Target recently. Couldn't find any copies of Christmas Together. I think they want you to go online.

LOLZ the Regular edition is now the limited one

I think The Magic of Christmas was like that to when released. At least around here, alot of 1st Edition and then Call Me Clause, not many regular ones floating around then! Lol

It is amazing how the Limited Edition is cheaper in price and being pushed. I didn't see one regular edition at Wally World. I need one or two more copies of the regular edition so I hope Target still has them. I wonder how many copies he shipped of each edition. If 500,000 then he gets 1 million x 5 for certification or if 1 million of each that is 10 million in certifications. Add 3 million between The Chase and In Pieces and Christmas Together hitting a million Garth should be sitting pretty on the RIAA rankings.

Sam's Club had a bunch of both. But that was a bit ago..

The Anthology dropped to #19 on USA Today Books list from #13.

Garth is #24 on USA Today book chart.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...9781595910998/

Garth sold 46,000 copies of The Anthology this week. The Hits ranks him at #9 for the week and USa Today's book rankings have him at #24.

Just a quick observation. I was at Target and noticed that they only had Limited Edition copies. I needed a regular edition and asked if they had any copies. The two guys looked in back and said no. I had bought my original 2 originals there the first day it was available. I was at Wally World and they only had Limited Edition. So my observation is doesn't that make the Limited Edition the regular edition and the regular edition is now the Limited Edition? Did Garth ask them to push sales of Limited Edition? Makes you wonder how many copies of each edition were made. For RIAA we know he has sold at least 300,000 copies of 5 discs, so 1.5 million towards his total. For Soundscan purposes he is probably over 72 million.

Reminds me of a story I heard about Elvis' final album having more blue-colored vinyl versions than the regular black and the fans classifying the blue vinyl the rare version when in reality it was supposed to be the black version that's the most rare.

Anthology book moves up to #20 from #28 on the USA Today chart.

Anthology dropped off the USA Today chart unless I missed it. Sales for a book dropped off after holidays I guess. I am wondering how it will go on the Billboard charts tomorrow. I wonder what he is going to do with all the Limited Editions and regular editions? Will they be marked down? Will he combine them with the dvd documentary copies? Has anyone seen any marked down versions?

+ Reply to Thread