+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Anthology...

One thing, if Amazon price matches it do Prime members still get free shipping? I got it because it went over $25 bucks but if they lower it will I then be dinged for shipping ?

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    One thing, if Amazon price matches it do Prime members still get free shipping? I got it because it went over $25 bucks but if they lower it will I then be dinged for shipping ?
    Well if you're a Prime member, then you get free 2 day shipping no matter how much you paid for the item (unless the item is listed as an "add-on item", which the Anthology is not). But if you you're not a Prime member, and you got free standard shipping because the item's price was over $25 when you pre-ordered, then my understanding is that with Amazon's price match guarantee, even if the price you pay when the item ships is below the $25 threshold, you will still get free shipping because it was over $25 when you first ordered. I'm not 100% positive though.

Well, got my shipping confirmation today from Walmart! I pre-ordered through them last week when the price hit $17.30. So, with free shipping, I was only charged $18.49 after tax.

And what's even better... the tracking info says I should get it on Monday!!! Wahoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Well if you're a Prime member, then you get free 2 day shipping no matter how much you paid for the item (unless the item is listed as an "add-on item", which the Anthology is not). But if you you're not a Prime member, and you got free standard shipping because the item's price was over $25 when you pre-ordered, then my understanding is that with Amazon's price match guarantee, even if the price you pay when the item ships is below the $25 threshold, you will still get free shipping because it was over $25 when you first ordered. I'm not 100% positive though.
    I am definitely a new Prime member if only because of the back catalog of HBO shows they have for streaming along with Unsolved Mysteries! I really want the tracklist to leak though

Has anybody's pre-order shipped yet?
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Mine both say expected to ship today
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    So does mine but it's already 5:00 so I don't know if it's gonna ship today or not
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    Has anybody's pre-order shipped yet?
    As I posted earlier, mine from Walmart shipped today. Says I should receive it on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    As I posted earlier, mine from Walmart shipped today. Says I should receive it on Monday.
    Congrats to you on yours shipping

Apparently my Barnes and Noble is charging full price for the book. Problem is I really don't want to go to Walmart and get this.

Mine says shipped for the 11/20 date, when I pre-ordered it said expected 11/16. Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Has yours happened to ship yet?

I can't believe it is almost Tuesday. It feels like Christmas. LOL. I will be going to Wally World or Target depending on the price and picking up my copies. I wonder if their will be any catalog albums released Tuesday at all. I am thinking not but if he wants to capitalize on the publicity and attracting new fans, this is a fantastic opportunity. This will give someone who is new to Garth a chance to buy his original albums to go with book. Plus his winning Entertainer of the Year, the lip sync scandal and tour coming to end, Great marketing opportunity. And in the long run, RIAA numbers. I also haven't seen Christmas Together in the Christmas cd selections yet and so it hasn't been ranked on the Christmas chart. It will be interesting if Wally World has any of the bundles left from last year to push this Holiday season.Less than 72 hours to find out.

What the

Preordered from Wal mart- says arrives 11/20. What the hell? Thinking maybe just buy it in store and return it when it gets here. It is Wal mart after all, they'll take back used diapers.

ordered through Amazon...just got an email saying it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I also haven't seen Christmas Together in the Christmas cd selections yet and so it hasn't been ranked on the Christmas chart.
    I saw it the other day for $6.99....not sure if it was WalMart or Target, but I think it was the former.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

So obviously many of you placed your pre-orders but a member of ours mentioned that if you go to smile.amazon.com they have Teammates for Kids listed as a charity and if you make a purchase through the url I posted, they'll make a donation to the charity you picked (In case you pick another charity other than Teammates). So obviously y'all can tell where I made my pre-order at.

I really don't think there will be a shortage of 1st Edition ones at Walmart stores if my local store is any indication of units shipped. They should be $24.97.

just checked amazon... got this:

"Arriving Tuesday
    On the way"

I like that! something like $23.00 too.. interesting.. oh well, gotta have one for collection, one to read/rip music from-- gonna be a good but busy week!

Rick and Morty shirt arriving tomrorow-
    Garth anthology on Tuesday
    an obscure Anime DVD on Wed (Gaiking)
    plus my daughter's in the marching band tomorrow for friends/family, Saturday for state playoffs in football, and that night for a holiday parade.. Gonna be busy!!!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It's still showing Friday from my Walmart pre-order, but the store is showing over 80 on hand, might just pick up one at the store. $16.76 I couldn't pass that up!

My anthology is here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    My anthology is here!!!
    very cool!

mine's showing arrival by tomorrow night

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    My anthology is here!!!
    Would you mind please giving us the tracklist of each CD?

So here's the weird thing, since I placed my pre-order so late in the game, I was originally going to change my shipping from free to 1-Day shipping on Amazon, but then I realized if I did, it would've been delivered on Wednesday and I'm going to be in Missouri visiting my grandmother this week. So I have decided to stick with the Free Shipping and will more than likely get it next Monday that's when I come back home.

So the release date is here and my Amazon delivery is due today. The only problem is I'm in Detroit visiting family and won't be home until next week. Oh well, all is good. So happy to see all of you enjoying it already. Looking forward to it.

Wow. I feel like Christmas has come and gone. LOL. I am almost done reading the book. I have listened to the cds over and over. Now I want more.

So the Anthology doesnt count on any album chart? and Garth wont get any numbers added to his RIAA total? Its not showing up on Hits daily double.

Im guessing in terms of book sales, its not doing massive numbers?

So I guess it will be up to Triple Live to do the business for Garth!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    So the Anthology doesnt count on any album chart? and Garth wont get any numbers added to his RIAA total? Its not showing up on Hits daily double.
    Now, I'm not as obsessed with the #'s side of things/tracking things chart wise, etc. w/ Garth CD's and all (not that its a bad thing to be so inclined) but...

IS anyone really surprised that the albums aren't 'charting'? I mean, YES Garth is a musical artist but this has never been marketed that I can see as a music product- it's always been a book/detailed look at the career, etc.. (you all have heard him talk about it..). This was never really marketed as anything but a book (w/ CD's in them).. Why WOULD the RIAA even care/take a look at it..

Is this a detailed book for the fans? yes.. IS that enough to make it a best seller? maybe not..

who knows what sales #'s are.. will be interesting to hear the #'s but not backbreaking either

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I think because they are being sold as book, Garth's people will have to apply to RIAA to have them certified and I think he is waiting for a big number between his 25th anniversary and end of stock last shipment of TUH and that last cover of Double Live. I wonder how many units were shipped with that label put on the cd. RIAA goes by number shipped so if he shipped a million books, then he could possibly get credit for 5 million units. Add whatever hasn't been counted recently and he could have a nice total. I think the book stats get published on Tuesday.

I was just noticing that Wally World is selling The Anthology limited Edition for $19.95. They still had regular edition for $24.95. I wonder if he shipped a million of the limited Edition and is pushing them to get sold so he can get a 5 million certification from RIAA. If they can get those sold and ship another million of the regular edition he could pick up another 5 million certification.Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Wish we had the numbers for first week sales and pre-orders.

+ Reply to Thread