+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Anthology...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    I still think there’s no chance. He will completely pretend it never happened, as has been standard for years. A very small percentage of his fan base ever even heard that album. He’s not gonna drag that back from the dead.
    I'm not trying to disagree or be argumentative. You are probably right. I just think a 5 part career Anthology that completely pretends like an entire album didn't happen is ridiculous and disingenuous. Just feeds into the control freak narrative where he has to control every element of the story. Either tell the story or don't. Not a fan of rewriting history.

I will say it's not dragging it back from the dead in my opinion. This is supposed to be a chronicle of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I will say it's not dragging it back from the dead in my opinion. This is supposed to be a chronicle of what happened.
    100% Agree! Well said.

(unless of course it's intended to be a chronicle of what he wants you to think happened)

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    100% Agree! Well said.

(unless of course it's intended to be a chronicle of what he wants you to think happened)
    I'm pretty sure he will mention Chris Gaines in one of the anthology's

I just ordered my copy of the limited edition from Amazon, less than $26 with 2 day shipping. My ETA is Tuesday, November 14 though.

On another note I wonder if Jimmy Bowen is interviewed, Garth acknowledged him on the last Studio G but from what I remember Jimmy blamed GB for being pushed out of Liberty/Capitol back in the mid 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    I just ordered my copy of the limited edition from Amazon, less than $26 with 2 day shipping. My ETA is Tuesday, November 14 though.

On another note I wonder if Jimmy Bowen is interviewed, Garth acknowledged him on the last Studio G but from what I remember Jimmy blamed GB for being pushed out of Liberty/Capitol back in the mid 90's.
    I thought it was Scott Hendricks that moan and groan that big bad Garth got him fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I thought it was Scott Hendricks that moan and groan that big bad Garth got him fired.
    You're right but Jimmy claims to have been pushed out because of GB, I read his book Rough Mix many many years ago and he sells GB short because he blames him for his ouster.

If anyone else ordered through Target, they are now including a free copy (just paying tax) of Christmas Together with all pre-orders of the Anthology. I just re-ordered and cancelled my previous order.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

In terms of Scott Hendricks, I think the fault lies on EMI for hiring him in the first place, for the record I don't know if Scott had any business degrees or what ever was warranted to run a big label but IMO I think them hiring a songwriter to run a label was probably the dumbest move they could ever make and Garth kinda found that out the hard way after the relative flop of Fresh Horses.

That label turmoil caused him to withhold release of Sevens (because he was going to have that album coincide with Central Park) until EMI had gotten their crap together. From what I heard, him withholding Sevens actually cost him quite a bit of money.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Chris Gaines will never, ever, ever see the light of day again. No chance.
    Amen to that one- I think Garth (belatedly, unfortunately) realizes the mistake that that project was
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

18 days until we see the Anthology. It is coming up quick. I wonder how many Limited Editions are being sent to each store. I haven't seen a number for how many copies are being shipped for each. I know Target and Wally World don't have very much shelf space for books. And will they display books in the music section or go with end caps? I need 3 limited and two regular editions to start. How many I give at Christmas will be determined later. Will be interesting to see how it sells and whether it goes on sale like boxed set did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    18 days until we see the Anthology. It is coming up quick. I wonder how many Limited Editions are being sent to each store.
    good call- In the recent past with Garth material, I've not had a lot of luck seeing things in the stores and on shelves as they should be. I guess that's why I went with the pre order on this one..

I haven't seen a number for how many copies are being shipped for each. I know Target and Wally World don't have very much shelf space for books. And will they display books in the music section or go with end caps?
    hmm.. I'd wager they'll have it in an endcap space, maybe in the music section (cause people will ID it with Garth and music most likely) but poss. in books too (as the music part really is an addition, not a mainstay of the release (imo).

I need 3 limited and two regular editions to start. How many I give at Christmas will be determined later. Will be interesting to see how it sells and whether it goes on sale like boxed set did last year.
    was gonna make a crack about 'overkill' with your buying there, gbkubfan, but if there's gift giving involved, def. understand.. for me, I'm getting one ltd edition to have/read/look at, etc. and one to keep 'sealed' for my collection is all.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

LOL. It is overkill but it started back in 1989/90. I have always bought two copies of each cover. Made me move on from trading cards and comic books. My new thing is going after overseas copies if I can find them. Plus I enjoy hitting used record store to find gems I might not have. I am always curious if others collect each copy like I do?

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    LOL. It is overkill but it started back in 1989/90. I have always bought two copies of each cover. Made me move on from trading cards and comic books. My new thing is going after overseas copies if I can find them. Plus I enjoy hitting used record store to find gems I might not have. I am always curious if others collect each copy like I do?
    I collect them to a point myself. I've started getting one ltd/one 'normal' of Garth's stuff, but even with that I've gone back and forth between getting too many copies of things. (maybe I'm getting too old in my 40s hehe..)

seriously though, w/ me I've always been more about collecting the rarer, or the unofficial stuff when it comes to garth (at least audio/visual wise.. I'll have to unpack/look at my collection once I've moved to se what all's in there..) still waiting on the 'just right' place in my new house to put my promo poster for No Fences.. I'd love to have that signed someday

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Something just occurred to me, I have a feeling this thing ain't going to hit the Billboard charts since it's mostly just a book with CD's, instead I think it'll hit a spot on The New York Times Bestseller list. I don't think I'm wrong am I?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Something just occurred to me, I have a feeling this thing ain't going to hit the Billboard charts since it's mostly just a book with CD's, instead I think it'll hit a spot on The New York Times Bestseller list. I don't think I'm wrong am I?
    I dont think it will make the new york times best sellers list.

Heres the thing, it may not count for soundscan or the album charts, but because hes giivng away the xmas album with it, it may boost his RIAA numbers.

I actually think, he wont release sales data to the media.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    This is likely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I dont think it will make the new york times best sellers list.

Heres the thing, it may not count for soundscan or the album charts, but because hes giivng away the xmas album with it, it may boost his RIAA numbers.

I actually think, he wont release sales data to the media.
    It may not be #1, but it would hardly be surprising to see the book end up somewhere on the NYT bestselling list.

As for sales data, I’m not really sure he gets a say. He could keep GhostTunes data to himself, but retailers will report what they report.

We won't find out for a couple weeks. I have wondered about the counting thing. I can see the book shipping 1 million copies. Then Garth can get the RIAA people to count the million in shipped cds and bam, he gets credit for 5 million towards his numbers. Plus with Christmas Together as a pre order, and any other sales he might have. I bet we will see a new accounting of RIAA totals.

I am going back an forth on whether to buy my five copies the first week or spread it out a couple weeks to help with book ranking on charts (Publishers Weekly) or if ranked on Billboard for cds. Would like to see book/cds have some legs. Would love to see it do very well.

Less than a week. Anyone get their copy early?

Walmart.com is showing in stock at a store near me... No luck finding it

I just checked Walmart site and it's listed for $29.99. WOW, yesterday it was still $18!

shifting prices- one more reason to just pre order and be done with it . Mine are listed as "arriving on Nov 14th".. Tuesday is going to be fun!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I luckily pre-ordered it yesterday while it was $18, two of them. Hopefully I can pick the regular one in store Tuesday, my pre-order date shows Thursday:'(

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    Perhaps they have it in back, but can't put it on the floor until release day.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankfanken View Post
    I saw that as well and went to the two stores that showed it in stock to see if they had put it out by mistake...no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I pretty much figured that's what it meant...I didn't even bother to ask them if it was available yet.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

My brother just got hired by Target and will be stocking the stuff that comes in during the preopening morning. They clear the stuff from the truck and put it out on the floor. Hopefully he will be on the job next Tuesday and I can get him to pick up my copies.

Almost forgot. I was looking at amount of books that make Publishers Weekly lists and I think he has a shot at a #1 unless another big time author releases a book that day. I have seen some big name writers make #1 with 30- 40 thousand copies and only a Stephen King or John Grisham gets over 100,000 the first week. Like CDs, books aren't as big as they were several years ago. So maybe Garth has a chance to make #1 on the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    That's most likely the situation.. If you sell something before the 'street date' as it was called when I worked in a Christian bookstore... you can get in major trouble.. now it probably wouldn't happen with a walmart sized retailer, but you could lose (potentially) the entire chance to sell the item at all...

we gotta be patient- we're not getting the anthology (minus a screw up) until next week

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So this thing comes out Tuesday and we still don't have a track list?

+ Reply to Thread