+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 249

Thread: The Anthology...

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    6,516
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post

    IF it's the same as it was (As I think it was earlier today). then Right clicking (or control-clicking on a Mac) on the videos brings up the option to download them
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    How do I know if I'll get it release day I ordered on Amazon with prime 2 day shipping
    You should get it on release day.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Clayton NC
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    good question- I'm going with the I hope it'll be there type of response. I've had mine preordered for a while.. I'm imagining it'll be there on time... (delivery day)
    I did email Amazon and they said it is eligible for release date delivery but I never seen anywhere to change the shipping once I place the order
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    67
    I might as well start calling my wife Garth because neither will ever give me what lol.
    I am already disappointed with it and I have not even seen it.
    It is soooo simple
    Have a double disc for the first five albums (GB, NF, RTW, TC, IP)
    On each disc have the original song and on the other side have a different version or the song like the rock version of the dance
    Have one extra disc of songs that were never released from that time period (like in the vault) not 2 either I want 5 per album
    Have a disc for the hungry years he cut in college that most real garth fans know about
    So in total they have 7 disc total with music

    The book real simple
    Chapter one GB
    Tell us how you found each song, when, where and why you put it on the album.
    What songs did not make the album
    What songs were considered for singles
    How you came up with the album name
    How you came up with the album cover
    How did you pick the shirts for the album cover
    Tons of pics from that period of the album both photoshoots and concerts (Not stuff I have seen either)

    Do this for all 5 albums

    So in total we would have 25 new songs and we get the inside scoop on the entire album process and songs

    Boom that is what we want but we all know it will be a train wreck that we will all buy and like but hate at the same time

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ossipee, NH
    Posts
    375
    Does anyone realize we might get 'The Thunder Rolls' extended version that he always wanted it released as but capitol said no.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Clayton NC
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Does anyone realize we might get 'The Thunder Rolls' extended version that he always wanted it released as but capitol said no.
    I would love to have a studio version of the extended version of The Thunder Rolls
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,351
    I know he said FILP was never going to be released as a studio version with the 3rd verse, I wonder if he feels the same for Thunder, I would guess yes, and we won't ever hear it...I would love that though!

  8. #158
    Would be super cool, but I think if it were on there they’d be making a big deal about it by now. The stickers on the box would say “INCLUDING AN EXCLUSIVE EXTENDED VERSION OF THE THUNDER ROLLS” etc etc.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    6,516
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I know he said FILP was never going to be released as a studio version with the 3rd verse, I wonder if he feels the same for Thunder, I would guess yes, and we won't ever hear it...I would love that though!
    We obviously can't speak for him but I'd say yeah- he thinks that. He's talked about/mentioned many times about things being 'special' live and how you'll only hear the 3rd verses 'live' (or on redoctored/spruced up live "editions" I suppose ) and not on a regular CD
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    6,516
    Quote Originally Posted by mdewater View Post
    Would be super cool, but I think if it were on there they’d be making a big deal about it by now. The stickers on the box would say “INCLUDING AN EXCLUSIVE EXTENDED VERSION OF THE THUNDER ROLLS” etc etc.

    Why would they? this isn't being advertised as a boxed set. really, if you look at it, the CD's are really extras.. the story as it were, is the BOOK itself..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  11. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    We obviously can't speak for him but I'd say yeah- he thinks that. He's talked about/mentioned many times about things being 'special' live and how you'll only hear the 3rd verses 'live' (or on redoctored/spruced up live "editions" I suppose ) and not on a regular CD
    Anyone listen to The Garth Channel? It was ironic when he was talking about loving live tracks and their mistakes and all... haha... pretty funny considering the doctored versions he releases!

  12. #162
    Woah what "Double Disc" Randa???
    Matt
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"-GB

  13. #163
    I received an email from Amazon updating my estimated delivery date to November 1. This is awesome!

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Clayton NC
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    I received an email from Amazon updating my estimated delivery date to November 1. This is awesome!
    Mine also now says November 1st
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

  15. #165
    Just been to Amazon's webpage and read the greatest words ever printed, words that I rarely see, the words were "This Item Ships to New Zealand"

  16. #166
    I got the same notification. Amazon now shows it will be in stock on November 2nd. Wondering if they pushed the release up or something.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,351
    Very cool! Earlier is good!

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ossipee, NH
    Posts
    375
    I hate to say this but for some reason I am getting it delivered on Oct. 31st
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Clayton NC
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I hate to say this but for some reason I am getting it delivered on Oct. 31st
    Garth did say on studio G that it may be a typo
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    67
    So quick question. When does it hit stores? Why order it in the mail if I can get it the same time in stores?

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Clayton NC
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    So quick question. When does it hit stores? Why order it in the mail if I can get it the same time in stores?
    Amazon has folks getting it 13 days before the release date
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

  22. #172
    Scheduled for release November 14, but with Amazon getting it earlier, stores may as well. I order online because it’s usually cheaper through Amazon than buying in store, and quite often you’ll get it a bit early.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ossipee, NH
    Posts
    375
    I'm hoping that one of his anthologies has the chris Gaines song that was in the vh-1 behind the life of chris Gaines that wasn't on the album.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Clayton NC
    Posts
    89
    Just so y'all know Amazon has the delivery date back to the 14th
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

  25. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I'm hoping that one of his anthologies has the chris Gaines song that was in the vh-1 behind the life of chris Gaines that wasn't on the album.
    Or better yet, get the entire NBC show in DVD form. I briefly had it on my computer last year but I lost it after I had to format my hard drive and lost some of my video files.

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    Just so y'all know Amazon has the delivery date back to the 14th
    Figured that was going to happen. Amazon's not getting something 2 weeks before the official release date.

  27. #177
    Chris Gaines will never, ever, ever see the light of day again. No chance.

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Chris Gaines will never, ever, ever see the light of day again. No chance.
    Normally, I would say so too. But this is the type of project where he could take a real honest look at that album. In fact, I’ll go so far as to say that it could bring more attention to Chris Gaines if he doesn’t talk about it, include it, etc.

    But then again, as far as I can tell, Beyond the Season is not being talked about or addressed in this first Anthology, so who knows? Maybe you’re right.

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Normally, I would say so too. But this is the type of project where he could take a real honest look at that album. In fact, I’ll go so far as to say that it could bring more attention to Chris Gaines if he doesn’t talk about it, include it, etc.

    But then again, as far as I can tell, Beyond the Season is not being talked about or addressed in this first Anthology, so who knows? Maybe you’re right.
    Emerald summed up my thoughts here. Is he really going to pretend that project never happened in the Anthology? Even the Beatles Anthology addressed some low points including Lennon's infamous "We're bigger than Jesus" comment. Chris Gaines is part of the story and if he's honestly telling the story there should be at least a little stuff on it.

    Of course, you could be right and he may avoid it completely. If that happens it will make me wonder what else he's leaving out.

  30. #180
    I still think there’s no chance. He will completely pretend it never happened, as has been standard for years. A very small percentage of his fan base ever even heard that album. He’s not gonna drag that back from the dead.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts