+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anthology...

I wonder how often the releases will be. One each year?

Just read the Billboard article, I wonder if the documentaries will premiere on Amazon due to his relationship with Amazon Music vs a CMT or Netflix.

So it looks like the CDS are in the book. I wonder if book is in a slipcase or just like a book. I wonder if there will be a couple different versions like U2 does. Around 6 weeks before we get our hands on it. Now I have to rearrange my Garth shelf. i can see 2 verisons, a collectors version and the regular version. Then later on a cd only copy with no book. Then after all five volumes are out, a deluxe box with all of the cds and books. I wonder if he will release the first five albums in conjuction with the Anthology period. For those who buy anthology and then want his first albums. Great marketing idea if he does. can't wait. And isn't there something else coming out around the same time?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I saw that CER956 read it, but ... just in case - love this tidbit from the billboard article

"Additionally, he exclusively reveals to Billboard that each part of the anthology will have its own two to two-and-a-half hour documentary, so by the time the final documentary comes out, there will be a 10-to-12 hour documentary series chronicling his career. Ideally, the first documentary— the companion to The First Five Years —will come out Spring 2018. " They're gonna have video too... of some sort
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I saw that CER956 read it, but ... just in case - love this tidbit from the billboard article

"Additionally, he exclusively reveals to Billboard that each part of the anthology will have its own two to two-and-a-half hour documentary, so by the time the final documentary comes out, there will be a 10-to-12 hour documentary series chronicling his career. Ideally, the first documentary— the companion to The First Five Years —will come out Spring 2018. " They're gonna have video too... of some sort
    Yeah, the only thing that worried me about that is wondering if they're going to re-release this box in the spring with the documentary. Or if the documentary will be released completely separately.

What *I'm* worried about is that once all 5 parts are released there will be a giant box set of all 5 plus some brand new exclusive disc or something. Would be very like Garth to do that.

Ahh who am I kidding I'd buy it anyways

Quote Originally Posted by mdewater View Post
    What *I'm* worried about is that once all 5 parts are released there will be a giant box set of all 5 plus some brand new exclusive disc or something. Would be very like Garth to do that.

Ahh who am I kidding I'd buy it anyways
    That's my concern, too, but more or less with the documentary. Will he release each part separately and then as a giant box set, or better yet, perhaps a slipcase of some sort to include each separate release to complete the full set.... wishful dreaming...

So just some runaway speculation about the waves and what I hope they might include...

Part 1: The First Five Years
    I'm hoping that several of the new tracks are from before the first album. No idea what they would be but just stuff from his demo days.

Part 2: The Rest of the 90s
    I'm sure this will be really similar to Part 1. Will be interesting if he covers the Chris Gaines phase or not. I'm hoping there are some great bonus tracks from the Fresh Horses & Sevens eras, as I assume at that point there were probably a lot of songs recorded that didn't make the cut.

Part 3: Live Career
    I wonder if this is where he'll release the "Triple Live" we've heard about. Then perhaps an actual straight-through live concert? I also hope the studio versions of It's Your Song and Tearing It Up are included here, since they were only ever "Live" songs.

Part 4: The Comeback
    This one will be interesting. There's not a whole lot to go off of, unless there was a lot of unreleased recordings during the Man Against Machine sessions. I wonder if he would include a completely brand new album in this one.

Part 5: The Hits and what was happening in the world
    This is a strange one, because by this point all of the hits will have already been covered... so how will he present them in a totally different way? Only thing I can think of is an updated version of The Ultimate Hits. Not all that exciting, but my mind hits a wall for this one.

Are the rest of part 2 - part 5 due out in 2018?

Hasn't said yet. I doubt it. I expect one per year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Are the rest of part 2 - part 5 due out in 2018?
    I’m guessing 1 set a year for the next 5 years, but hope I’m wrong.

't
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I’m guessing 1 set a year for the next 5 years, but hope I’m wrong.
    Can't say I'd be AGAINST that too much as that way we know we'd be getting garth stuff for 5 years at least . I just hope that he somehow gets songbooks/chord books for these as well, if not for gunslinger (which would be nice- only album I have no songbook for)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Call me crazy but what I would like to see Kindle versions of the books and get the CD's separately, but then again I'd probably save a lot more money if I just get the book/CD combo.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Call me crazy but what I would like to see Kindle versions of the books and get the CD's separately, but then again I'd probably save a lot more money if I just get the book/CD combo.
    It would be nice! Amazon ebooks can be transferred to a wider foremat (like ePub).. that would be nice though. Garth on an iPad with a book and musically? I'd take that

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So just some runaway speculation about the waves and what I hope they might include...

Part 1: The First Five Years
    I'm hoping that several of the new tracks are from before the first album. No idea what they would be but just stuff from his demo days.

Part 2: The Rest of the 90s
    I'm sure this will be really similar to Part 1. Will be interesting if he covers the Chris Gaines phase or not. I'm hoping there are some great bonus tracks from the Fresh Horses & Sevens eras, as I assume at that point there were probably a lot of songs recorded that didn't make the cut.

Part 3: Live Career
    I wonder if this is where he'll release the "Triple Live" we've heard about. Then perhaps an actual straight-through live concert? I also hope the studio versions of It's Your Song and Tearing It Up are included here, since they were only ever "Live" songs.

Part 4: The Comeback
    This one will be interesting. There's not a whole lot to go off of, unless there was a lot of unreleased recordings during the Man Against Machine sessions. I wonder if he would include a completely brand new album in this one.

Part 5: The Hits and what was happening in the world
    This is a strange one, because by this point all of the hits will have already been covered... so how will he present them in a totally different way? Only thing I can think of is an updated version of The Ultimate Hits. Not all that exciting, but my mind hits a wall for this one.
    I agree with most of year by year except the comeback should be five and four should be the retirement years. I think he is wanting to celebrate the first thirty years or so. This would be a good way to cover them. Maybe the first one this November and the other four the next two years. One in the spring and one in the fall. I think four will cover retirement because he wasn't just sitting around at home. He did concerts, wrote songs, the Wynn thing etc. Plus would be a good time to share the Trisha connection. Plus he probably has first four done and is finishing up with fifth one with World Tour, the new albums and maybe his passing the Beatles. He can realalisticly pass the Beatles with sales of his albums that haven't been counted yet and if he sells a million of each Anthology sets 1-4 that would put him pretty close to 30 million to tie or pass. The Beatles may surge past him when they certify Sgts Pepper and others but he can at least claim it for a little while. Sorta like when the Eagles passed Michael Jackson but Michael Jackson surged back to take the lead in sales. There was still press on Eagles passing. Didn't last long but it happened. As I have said before, I love speculating on what Garth will do. Who knows, maybe Garth will sell a lot of books and sell a lot of records to people who may not have bought a Garth album before?

Opps I shouldve come to this thread first, mods please feel free to delete my new post.

WOW JUST WOW.

It seems Garth will exceed our highest expectations with PART ONE OF THE ANTHOLOGY!!

Man oh Man, cant wait for the two and a half hour doco which will be a companion to it. (spring 2018)

This is unreal.

Heck cant wait till November 14th. Hehehe thanks to international time zones, New Zealand hits November 14 before anyone else!!
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-28-2017 at 03:33 AM.

Im just blown away by what this has got in it.

Theres going to be a few interesting Ask Garth coming up!!!
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-28-2017 at 03:34 AM.

Gbkubfan, the Billboard article already laid out what all the Parts will cover. The only thing that is speculation on my part is just what those Parts will actually include. From Billboard:

“The remaining four parts of the anthology will cover the last half of the ‘90s, his live career, his comeback since coming out of retirement in 2014, and the hits “and what was going on in the world at that time and how the music affected that and how the world affected the music,” Brooks says.”

I know I complained alot this year, but I take it all back. This sounds like one of the best things he's doing. I seriously cannot wait.

So, as far as the 'released songs' part of this...will it be say, the studio remastered of the same demo song or different songs all together I wonder? Like the original Papa Loved Momma then demo version or will the unreleased stuff be on a totally separate disc all on it's one? So many questions and ideas, I love it!

Yeah, that's my biggest question mark right now. It'll certainly be cool to hear alternate takes or demo versions of the songs that eventually made it onto the albums, but I hope at least a handful of the "unreleased" tracks are totally new, unheard songs. Would be great to get even just 3 or 4 "brand new" Garth songs from the early 90s.

I assume the 33 "previously released" tracks will simply be the album cuts that we've all bought a hundred times already, but such is Garth.

Gbkubfan, the Billboard article already laid out what all the Parts will cover. The only thing that is speculation on my part is just what those Parts will actually include. From Billboard:

“The remaining four parts of the anthology will cover the last half of the ‘90s, his live career, his comeback since coming out of retirement in 2014, and the hits “and what was going on in the world at that time and how the music affected that and how the world affected the music,” Brooks says.”
    I know but I also know Garth doesn't stay to form either. I think a coda to the first 30 years might be in the works. I see the comeback as the end of the 30 years and his new beginning and he didn't mention the retirement years.Until it comes out in all parts, I won't take anything for granted. Good points but like I said, I like to speculate as much as the next person. That's what makes following Garth fun. You never know whats going to happen. :-)

It would be cool if they recorded the Vegas concerts for this.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    That's what makes following Garth fun. You never know whats going to happen. :-)
    Yes you do...

Garth will make an announcement... or announce that he'll make an announcement.. or tell people to tune in , for an announcement.. then he may do the unexpected, or not what he should and will aggravate people, yet thrill many many more people with whatever he does!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    It would be cool if they recorded the Vegas concerts for this.
    I think the closes you'll get to that is the concert dvd that was released in the "blame it all on my roots" box set

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Yes you do...

Garth will make an announcement... or announce that he'll make an announcement.. or tell people to tune in , for an announcement.. then he may do the unexpected, or not what he should and will aggravate people, yet thrill many many more people with whatever he does!
    LOL. That is true.

The limited first edition is posted on Amazon: The Anthology Part 1 Limited Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/1595910999..._eD-Zzb6KGZAVQ

I am really excited for this, I always wanted stories behind his songs and details about his life.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

+ Reply to Thread