+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anthology...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Ehhhhh not really how it works. This hasn't even been announced yet, so there's no expectation of pre-order sales. I'd guess the listing was posted early in error. Prices often fluctuate considerably between pre-order and release date, especially for books. That's why Amazon offers the pre-order price guarantee. I wouldn't look anything it a changing price.
    Oh, cool!

FYI, the CD version of the 25th Anniversary Edition of The Chase is currently only $0.93 on Amazon. However, it's listed as an add-on item, which means you have to order at least $25 worth of other stuff in order to purchase it. BUT, if you're planning to pre-order The Anthology from Amazon anyway, then just add The Chase 25 to your cart when you place your pre-order, and you'll get both for basically just $1 more.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Chase-25th-An...s=garth+brooks

Also, for anyone that hasn't pulled the trigger yet on the CD version of Christmas Together, it's currently only $5 on Amazon:

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Tog...s=garth+brooks
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 09-18-2017 at 12:49 PM.

The book is no longer listed at Amazon. My pre-order hasnít been canceled but I canít pull up details about the order either.

I’m guessing Amazon wasn’t supposed to put the page up yet so Garth and co had them take it down until it’s offically announced.

If last year is any indication, it will probably be announced mid to late October. The Ultimate Collection was announced 10/24 and released 11/11, while Amazon had a release of 11/14 for the Anthology. Seems strange to announce only 2-3 weeks ahead of time, but that’s probably what will happen again.

A firend said they saw it on Wal Mart also but for a dollar more.

Its listed on Walmart's website for $28.96

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Interesting- it's def. not on amazon anymore, that's for certain.. It IS still, however, in my 'cart' for open orders/unfulfilled orders, etc.. At least it hasn't been (so far) cancelled.. (and the price has been changed to reflect the $32.48 price)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    A firend said they saw it on Wal Mart also but for a dollar more.
    Walmart actually has 2 listings with the same price, but different ISBN numbers. Makes me wonder if they are getting an exclusive version of some sort.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garth-Bro...5942#read-more

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garth-Bro...5941#read-more

That's some good research!

With it being a Tues (14th) rather than a Friday makes me believe it's more video than audio in content if we are basing it off normal release patterns.

Books are released on Tuesday also. So they are probably using the book release day but it could be a dvd also.

Are they? I wasn't sure about books, but that would make sense too.

Both Walmart listings and the Amazon listing say “hardcover”. So there is definitely a book component to the release, if not the main focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Walmart actually has 2 listings with the same price, but different ISBN numbers. Makes me wonder if they are getting an exclusive version of some sort.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garth-Bro...5942#read-more

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garth-Bro...5941#read-more
    Now both Walmart listings have different prices, which again could indicate that Walmart is getting some kind of exclusive version.

Garth details Anthology

Garth has detailed the Anthology... It's a five part series with five CDs featuring 52 songs with 19 new, unreleased or demo versions.

https://themusicuniverse.com/garth-b...ook-cd-series/

Hmm- if this is all on the up and up (and it sure looks like it!). AWESOMe..

the best part that I saw?

"The Garth Brooks Anthology: PART ONE - The first 5 years" - meaning there'll be a part 2.. and probably a part 3 as well

Yep, he's chasing/adapting like the Beatles did- but heck this will be AWESOME!!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Dang- It also looks like I'm gonna have to get 2 of em!! 1 to have and read, and one to collect!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Wow looks great... I wonder if any of the 19 new tracks will be completely unreleased songs we haven't heard before or if they will all be alternate versions of songs we know.

So hopefully an actual tracklist on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Hmm- if this is all on the up and up (and it sure looks like it!). AWESOMe..

the best part that I saw?

"The Garth Brooks Anthology: PART ONE - The first 5 years" - meaning there'll be a part 2.. and probably a part 3 as well

Yep, he's chasing/adapting like the Beatles did- but heck this will be AWESOME!!
    There are five parts.

Quote Originally Posted by mdewater View Post
    Wow looks great... I wonder if any of the 19 new tracks will be completely unreleased songs we haven't heard before or if they will all be alternate versions of songs we know.

So hopefully an actual tracklist on Monday?
    Tracklisting- don't know. . it may happen, it may not (I tend to think not)

mdewater though.... did you read his article? (themusicuni) (nice promotion of your piece btw!)

in the article it quotes "The five CDs contain music that has never been heard, songs written long before the debut album, outtakes, first takes, demos, over 150 never before seen photos, sessions charts, tracking sheets, all in a 240 page hardcover complete package written by Garth Brooks. A total of 52 songs including 19 new, unreleased or demo versions are included across the CDs."

I'd say that 'music that has never been heard, songs written long before the debut album, outtakes, first takes, demos, ' qualifies as "completely unreleased"

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by themusicuni View Post
    There are five parts.

Yep you're right- I went back and re-read your article..

So he's not only taking a note from the Beatles (still, if he'd just quit his stubbornness iTunes would also provide a digital outlet).. AND he's taking one from KISS (with a 4 part anthology (though theirs was DVD)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Talking about the first five years and part one etc etc, I say we might get part 2 pretty soon too. Maybe late spring/early summer and then part 3 by next Christmas! Sounds like they got it all planned out:-)

Yeah you’re right about new songs. So if there are 52 total and 19 unreleased, that means 33 are old... strange, that means the full albums aren’t included. So is it probably just highlights from each album?

Unless... is this covering the first five years, but only the first three albums? As in, starting in 1986 when he was still doing demos, etc and going through Ropin the Wind in 1991? That way it could include those three albums for 33 tracks. Hmmmm
    Last edited by mdewater; 09-27-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdewater View Post
    Yeah you’re right about new songs. So if there are 52 total and 19 unreleased, that means 33 are old... strange, that means the full albums aren’t included. So is it probably just highlights from each album?
    My guess.... just a guess.. (or a first thought? ) is:

52 total songs across the 5 CD's are included... (19 never before heard, etc...) sounds like yeah its' gonna be a lot of snippets etc.. however, from the sound of it, the snippets are going to be alt takes, etc.. all the good stuff.... the type of things we've been wanting (some of us!) for a while.. will be interesting to see if it's keyed into the book too (i.e. as you read through the book, you can go, say, to 'track 1 of CD 4' to hear what the books' talking about at that point...)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

This Billboard article has a few more details, including what Parts 2-5 will focus on: http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ries-exclusive

Part 2: Last half of the 90s
    Part 3: Live career
    Part 4: Comeback out of retirement
    Part 5: The hits and "what was going on in the world at the time"

Let the speculation begin!

Looks absolutely Incredible... Can't wait!

Does it seem strange to anyone else that they're just reusing the No Fences cover art rather than use a different old photo for the cover? Not a big deal, but would be nice to have something new.

Ah Garth, take my money! The way I see it, it'll be less than 30 bucks (esp since I will get it via my Amazon Prime account) for 19 new tracks and a book that covers my favorite GB era. While he's put out albums I find incredible since then (I'm looking at you MAM) the self titled- In Pieces era was a hell of a run he could never and will never top.

BRING IT ON!

I cannot wait for this.

I can be critical sometimes, but this sounds like the dream project. Here Garth, just take my money.

+ Reply to Thread