+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Garth Brooks on Touring outside the USA

I think to Garth, it's about the numbers and he'll never get the numbers in Europe as he would in America. 10,000 capacity arenas in Europe? One night per city. He won't cut it when he's trying to overtake U2's record.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I think to Garth, it's about the numbers and he'll never get the numbers in Europe as he would in America. 10,000 capacity arenas in Europe? One night per city. He won't cut it when he's trying to overtake U2's record.
    He'll never get that record.

Theres no way Garth gets U2's record. They sold over 7.2 million tickets.

Garth will end selling probably just below or over 6 million.

Of the top 20 tours of all time Garth has the lowest average per concert of 14,669. Although that number was taken when his overall tally of the tour was 4.7 million.

He also has one of the longest tours in terms of time.

Its the sheer number of concerts Garth does that has him near the six million mark.

He holds the world record for number of concerts performed. (So hats off for tghat)

Hes slowed down this year and is not ranked in the top 10 tours (all genres) of 2017.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-08-2017 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Well, then technically it'd only be a world tour if Garth hit every country? or at least every continent? . (ok bad comment but hey I'm teaching geography right now to 6th graders!)

That would be one cold Antarctic concert!
    Not a bad comment. That's expectation this board seems to be maintaining. (And before the tour is even over.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Not a bad comment. That's expectation this board seems to be maintaining. (And before the tour is even over.)
    I'm not sure I agree that everyone has unrealistic expectations here. I've been fortunate enough to see this tour 6 times, have tix for the Atlanta stop and will be going to the Nashville run. I've been very lucky so no complaints for me personally. However, Garth has been really vague about his plans outside of US. He has seemingly waffled back and forth and used the lame excuse of cost, etc. (Lame only because no other country artist seems to have this issue.) If I was an overseas fan I'd probably be a little frustrated too.

I tend to try and be positive so unless he says he's not going overseas I do think we should give the benefit of the doubt and let it play out. He could do that next year. No one knows. However, I do think you can be positive and critical. Seems to me there are a lot of either really negative comments or "Garth can do no wrong" comments. To me the answer lies in the middle. I don't think everything Garth does deserves heaps of praise. I also don't think he should be criticized at every turn either.

The answer absolutely lies in the middle. The fact is, we've NEVER known the next city until the day it is announced. It's as true now as it was two years ago. So for there to be this overly critical backlash about the possible next step of the tour, before it's been truly discussed, is a bit ridiculous IMO. Feel free to put Garth on blast all you want once we know for sure he won't perform overseas, but until then? It's time to wait for the next tour stop announcement just like always.

Plus if he announces going over seas it steals the thunder of his announcement and building up anticipation.

It is a record breaking tour of sorts. With the number of tickets he sales in each city he is breaking his own record there. He's a marketer, so to him "world tour" can mean anywhere out of the US. Even if Brazil was a one time special thing, it was still outside of the US.

Plus, he is not Underwood, Paisely, or Urban. (I won't even comment on the Dixie Chicks. They really did shoot themselves in the foot in the US). He is not in the middle of his career. He's been there and done that with the overseas things. But, like everyone keeps saying, you just have to be patient. He's mentioned more than once that he will do this until he dies if we let him. He will make it to places outside of the US. But, I think he has been true to his promises on this tour in the way any marketer is able to bend words. And he's the master at that.

The answer absolutely lies in the middle. The fact is, we've NEVER known the next city until the day it is announced. It's as true now as it was two years ago. So for there to be this overly critical backlash about the possible next step of the tour, before it's been truly discussed, is a bit ridiculous IMO. Feel free to put Garth on blast all you want once we know for sure he won't perform overseas, but until then? It's time to wait for the next tour stop announcement just like always.
    This! Agree 100%

I wouldnt have a problem with Garth saying "I dont want to tour outside North America", I just dont think this is a case of, making one city announcement at a time (for overseas). The past few months
    he has stated costs of touring overseas, and looking at festivals to play overseas.

In every interview though, he still gets to have the Journo say "Biggest tour on the planet" "Garth has the biggest tour in the world" Which he doesnt. he still says the end of the north american LEG
    of the tour in every announcement. Making that statement means that hes ready to start touring in 2018 outside the USA/Canada.

The thing is with festivals, the festivals themselves announce it like 6-8 months in advance.

What I am saying is, if no overseas festivals are announced this year, odds are, there wont be a concert overseas in 2018.

There has to be a finite end to the tour, he cant take a year off and then come back and say, I have now sold X amount of tickets on this tour, because he hasnt, and if its a multi artist festival,
    he doesnt get to count those numbers as his own. (which means a lot to him)

Hope Im 100% wrong, and he does end up annoucing dates in Europe/Australia/New Zealand in 2018/2019, but you know what I, dont think he will, I think this is just a way for Garth to
    call it a world tour without having to actually tour.

There is probably only one festival in New Zealand that he could play (the rest are rock/hiphop festival ) and that is "Mission Bay" its been going for over 20 years, they always announce in October for a Feb show.

PS: Boy would i love to be wrong and have egg on my face!
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-08-2017 at 06:39 PM.

This x1000!!!! Well said. This daily bash fest of whether or not he'll tour outside the US is pointless until we know for sure what he's going to do. And per Garth's MO, he won't announce anything until he's darn well good and ready. I expect we won't hear what his 2018 plans are until at least January.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    This x1000!!!! Well said. This daily bash fest of whether or not he'll tour outside the US is pointless until we know for sure what he's going to do. And per Garth's MO, he won't announce anything until he's darn well good and ready. I expect we won't hear what his 2018 plans are until at least January.
    Somewhat true, the thing though with festivals, (the big ones) they announce their lineup way before hand, they dont wait for Garth when hes ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Somewhat true, the thing though with festivals, (the big ones) they announce their lineup way before hand, they dont wait for Garth when hes ready.
    He's right they won't wait for for him make the announcement when he wants. Look at Stagecoach. That festival is in April and it was announced last week.

Earlier today on the Hatfield and McCoy morning show on Nash Icon's KJJY 92.5. Garth Brooks has once again confirmed what he told us in February that an Australian tour is coming..

When asked he stated that they were deciding whether to start the international leg of the tour in Australia or Europe.

The Australian tour was expected to be December or January 2017/18 however due the the size of the US segment of the tour, which has now exceeded the size of his entire last world tour date are yet to be confirmed.

Below is the audio of the KJJY 92.5 interview

Click Here To Listen
    Last edited by parlevoo; 09-18-2017 at 07:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread