+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garth Brooks on Touring outside the USA

Garth Brooks on Touring outside the USA

Starts talking about it from about the 18.30 mark of video.

Five cities left in North America. North American Leg ends in December.

Says tour will go on after that , then starts talking festivals.

Am I right in thinking, that he Will Tour outside the USA/Canada in 2018.

But it will probably be in festival form.

The Journo had to ask the question again, he seem to be avoiding the question, even Trisha told garth, that he hadnt answered the question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUxikmuwKBU

What happened to all the "it's up to Trisha" BS? I thought, according to Garth, that Trisha was going to determine what came next. After she put her own career "on hold" while they made bundles touring the U.S. You would think that she knows what "they" have planned for 2018.

Perhaps a Journo needs to approach it with Garth's own words next time, and just ask Trisha. Not that you could necessarily get anything out of her, but at least it sounds like she understands the question that's being asked.

So, did Garth just smile and go on to the next question when Trisha said that he hadn't answered the question?

I don't think Garth knows what he wants to do next. I know he's playing The Stagecoach Festival next year in April.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    What happened to all the "it's up to Trisha" BS? I thought, according to Garth, that Trisha was going to determine what came next. After she put her own career "on hold" while they made bundles touring the U.S. You would think that she knows what "they" have planned for 2018.

Perhaps a Journo needs to approach it with Garth's own words next time, and just ask Trisha. Not that you could necessarily get anything out of her, but at least it sounds like she understands the question that's being asked.

So, did Garth just smile and go on to the next question when Trisha said that he hadn't answered the question?
    He came across as a kid who didn't know an answer but was winging it rather poorly. He said five cities left for North American tour ending December. Then was vague going on about costs of touring Aussie and Europe. Then yabbled on about festivals. When asked will the world tour continue he just muttured. Huh ah. And said it's a good way of doing it. When they come up. (Meaning festivals)

Again quite vague. He may tour outside USA and Canada in 2018 if a festival comes up. That's what I took from it.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-04-2017 at 04:02 AM.

My question would be worded this way to Garth "Will you be touring outside the USA and Canada in 2018 either in festival or concert form can you please give a yes or no answer"

He just doesn't want us to know. For whatever reasons. I guess that is better than saying "yes" and then doing "no"... We have seen that in the past.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

This tripe about how it's expensive to tour overseas is becoming ridiculous. Plenty of U.S. bands manage to tour outside of the U.S., and make it profitable. I realize Garth is not as popular outside the U.S. as he is here, but that does not mean he's some unknown artist that will have trouble selling tickets. Does anybody here really believe he would have trouble selling out shows in Europe or Australia? Perhaps some places he would do only a couple of shows, but that's not unlike other artists who tour overseas. After 3 years of an extremely profitable U.S. tour, is it too much to ask for a few months outside North America? On top of that, it's not like he's someone who tours all the time, and can say that he's tapped out these markets. It's been well over 20 years since he's toured, and there is plenty of demand, which would translate into sold out shows. If he was able to sell 400K tickets to 5 shows in Ireland, that's a clear indication that there is a market to see him.

This tripe about how it's expensive to tour overseas is becoming ridiculous. Plenty of U.S. bands manage to tour outside of the U.S., and make it profitable. I realize Garth is not as popular outside the U.S. as he is here, but that does not mean he's some unknown artist that will have trouble selling tickets. Does anybody here really believe he would have trouble selling out shows in Europe or Australia? Perhaps some places he would do only a couple of shows, but that's not unlike other artists who tour overseas. After 3 years of an extremely profitable U.S. tour, is it too much to ask for a few months outside North America? On top of that, it's not like he's someone who tours all the time, and can say that he's tapped out these markets. It's been well over 20 years since he's toured, and there is plenty of demand, which would translate into sold out shows. If he was able to sell 400K tickets to 5 shows in Ireland, that's a clear indication that there is a market to see him.
    Its crazy, New Zealand is at the bottom of the world, but nearly every big name music act has been here, you name them they have played here. That shouldn't be an excuse.

These ambiguous answers he has been giving is giving overseas people the run around. That he is looking at festivals. Well you know what?? The prices to festivals are huge.

Im guessing he wouldn't do a full set, just something like 45 minutes. I think by saying Im doing festivals is just Garth way of trying to justify calling his tour a WORLD TOUR, and justify
    having it on going to say "Ive sold six million tickets on my world tour" "I have now sold seven million tickets"

I dont even buy the "well one show turned into eight thing" Because that was his exact same excuse he used in 96-98. After the first two cities went on sale in 2014, he must of
    known this would happen. he would've planned ahead.

So what are overseas fans suppose to do, just wait and hope he comes to a festival, buy an overprice ticket for acts we dont want to see to stand in the mud ona grass field miles back to see
    Garth sing six songs, Im sorry but that is F***ing with your overseas fans.

BTW: Ticket prices to his NZ concerts in 1994 werent massive compared to the usa, it was $30 NZL dollars with the exchange rate at the time wouldve been about $17 USA dollars.

He should really be coming out with something more at this stage. He's almost at the end of his American tour.

Thing is in Ireland, he's too big to be playing festivals. He would have to bring his gear over. While he's here, the UK isn't that far either.

It's stupid how he won't give a clear answer. It doesn't take much, "we'll be touring outside of the US next year"... There he doesn't mention cities and countries and still keep those announcements as a surprise.

Here's my prediction. He finishes up the current tour at the end of the year. He takes next year off to do some of the things already announced and other projects, including new music. And to give his band a break. Then picks it back up again in 2019 by starting a tour overseas. He just doesn't have it all worked out to start announcing that far ahead yet.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Here's my prediction. He finishes up the current tour at the end of the year. He takes next year off to do some of the things already announced and other projects, including new music. And to give his band a break. Then picks it back up again in 2019 by starting a tour overseas. He just doesn't have it all worked out to start announcing that far ahead yet.
    You could be right. As we all know, Garth works on his own time table. For my overseas friends I hope you are right.

Garth is still calling this a "World Tour" on his official twitter account, Im sorry but I think that is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Garth is still calling this a "World Tour" on his official twitter account, Im sorry but I think that is wrong.
    It's really simple. Garth's "World" does not extend beyond the borders of North America. Think about it, the guy obviously does not like leaving the friendly confines of his home country. Some artists look forward to traveling the world. On tour, for promotion, or just to vacation. Not Garth. He made a quick trip to Ireland in early 2014, to announce those shows, then flew back home, and hasn't crossed the Atlantic since. This even though he has a private jet at his disposal.

He has records that rival those of acts like The Beatles or Michael Jackson, yet he feels like he would have trouble making a profit if he dared leave the U.S. He's popular enough in Lincoln, Nebraska, but apparently not in London, England. At least as evidenced by his talk and actions.

The biggest disappointment is how he LIED about how much he cared for the fans, in holding out for 5 shows in Ireland. So much, I guess, that in some 38 months since those shows were cancelled, he has expressed zero interest or made a single comment about returning to make up to his European fans, for what happened in Dublin. Zero doubt that it was purely related to money, and that he felt money would be lost by going over for only 3 shows, rather than 5. All his talk about how expensive it is to tour overseas, makes this obvious.

Sometimes it is better to leave the Wizard behind the curtain, otherwise the illusion is ruined. The truth can hurt.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I think Garth def. got burned by the Ireland debacle, and hasn't forgotten that.. The fans in Ireland are the victims there.

I also would question if Garth's not (well, since he seems to live in the 90's as far as his music selection goes ) thinking he'd still get the same type of reaction from some people in the UK that he received on the 93/94 tour... (I remember the scene in (I think it was trying to rope the world) where the lady was laying on a bed essentially making fun of him?

I don't know if it's all about $.... but to find out it really was (despite what Garth says....) wouldn't shock me either
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Well, it is a world tour. It went to Canada and Brazil. Just not oversees. He might not expected to sell out as many shows in the U.S. that he has sold out making him have to adjust his schedule. I really bet that after time off he'll be making some oversees trips. I mean, he is selling out more shows in the smaller markets now than he sold out when he was here in Dallas a couple of years ago. And Dallas is where he has always done a lot of his live video recordings at because it is such a great market for him. When I saw him when he was here, he was able to list off all the small honky tonks that he played in the 90s before he got big that haven't been in business for years!

Well, it is a world tour. It went to Canada and Brazil. Just not oversees.
    LOL! If someone tells me that during their life, they've traveled the world, and when I ask where they've been, they tell me..."I've been to Canada, and spent a day down in Brazil," I would probably roll my eyes.

Ouch!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    LOL! If someone tells me that during their life, they've traveled the world, and when I ask where they've been, they tell me..."I've been to Canada, and spent a day down in Brazil," I would probably roll my eyes.
    Well, then technically it'd only be a world tour if Garth hit every country? or at least every continent? . (ok bad comment but hey I'm teaching geography right now to 6th graders!)

That would be one cold Antarctic concert!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

To play devils advocate, a lot of country artists don't play overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    To play devils advocate, a lot of country artists don't play overseas.
    The Dixie Chicks, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, and a ton of the older artists have all been down to NZ lately.

I follow a lady on twitter from England, she is always going to country concerts.

Well, it is a world tour. It went to Canada and Brazil. Just not oversees. He might not expected to sell out as many shows in the U.S. that he has sold out making him have to adjust his schedule. I really bet that after time off he'll be making some oversees trips. I mean, he is selling out more shows in the smaller markets now than he sold out when he was here in Dallas a couple of years ago. And Dallas is where he has always done a lot of his live video recordings at because it is such a great market for him. When I saw him when he was here, he was able to list off all the small honky tonks that he played in the 90s before he got big that haven't been in business for years!
    Brazil was a one off charity thing.
    Thing is, in his marketing for three years hes been saying "Biggest world tour" "Biggest tour on the planet" "Biggest touring artist in the world" that just isnt true

At least its not like 96-98 with the teeshirts he had and on the back it just had a generic list of world cities, Barcelona, Paris, Manchester, London, Sydney, etc etc etc.

Again I just think its disingenuous and that he has zero intention to come and tour, he knows its sounds good and with every radio interview he does in each city, he knows the DJ will
    say "The biggest artist on the planet " which is BS.

His avoiding the question is wrong and for the fact that its seriously misleading to say "The end of the north american "LEG" of the tour is in December. Then when that gets bought up, to talk
    about costs, etc etc, maybe looking at festivals.

BTW: the Foo fighters, and Drake have both announced NZ concerts ticket prices are $99 NZl dollars, which is about $70 USA dollars, so its not double the costs.

Garth needs to man up and says, the tour ends in December, that its, to just yabble on about, well if the right festival comes up, not sure, Im quite tried, etc etc, is simply having a laugh at the fanbase.

I think everyone needs to wait and see. Let him get this year over with. Plus he has Stagecoach and Houston Rodeo next year. Scheduling an over seas trip until those are done is kinda hard. We all had to wait years for him to come to many cities. Over seas just has to wait a little longer. The negativity is sad. People today are so impatient. Chill. Garth is old school. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I think everyone needs to wait and see. Let him get this year over with. Plus he has Stagecoach and Houston Rodeo next year. Scheduling an over seas trip until those are done is kinda hard. We all had to wait years for him to come to many cities. Over seas just has to wait a little longer. The negativity is sad. People today are so impatient. Chill. Garth is old school. :-)
    I tend to disagree a little, I wasn't impatient in 1994, when he said, hes coming back in four years.

I wasnt imaptient when i bought a tour teeshirt in arizona, that had on the back Garth worlds tour, and seeing Auckland listed as a city.

I wasnt impatient when he went in retirement and said he may be back in 2014. I wasnt impatient when he hinted at playing Australia/New Zealand in June of 2015

I wasnt impatient, when he hinted December of 2015 may be a time to tour New Zealand/Australia.

I wasnt impatient when he hinted at a AOL interview that December 2016 for NewZealand/Australia/France/Germany.

I wasnt impatient when he said hes tried, and may just put his feet up.

I wasnt impatient when he said, festivals may be the way to tour overseas.

I got impatient with every Press Release that said "The end of the north american "LEG" is coming in december, but in press conferences, adding in the costs of touring overseas and festivals should be the way to do it, IF the right one comes up.

My whole thing is, he shouldnt talk of a WORLD TOUR, if he never had any intention of touring.

FWIW, if he is primarily playing Festivals in Europe next summer, Garth would not be in control over when an announcement is made. Generally these festivals like to make their own announcement, although sometimes rumours circulate about performers that might be appearing. Generally it's December before those start though, and the actual lineups don't end up coming out until January or even February.

I still think the excuse that he has to play festivals to save on costs, is pretty lame. I know people say he's just not that popular in most of Europe, but I find that unbelievable. It seems to me that he could sell out arenas in enough countries, to make at least a 1-2 month tour viable. To save cost, it would make sense to dump his weekend only policy, which would shorten the overall tour length.

The Dixie Chicks, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, and a ton of the older artists have all been down to NZ lately.

I follow a lady on twitter from England, she is always going to country concerts.
    Dixie Chicks at this point can only play outside of the US because they screwed themselves here in the states and Keith Urban is from Australia and I think he toured there Carrie Underwood.

Dixie Chicks at this point can only play outside of the US because they screwed themselves here in the states and Keith Urban is from Australia and I think he toured there Carrie Underwood.
    Urban lives in the states, and yes he did tour with Underwood. We have had other country acts (the older ones) come here, thing is every big name pop/rock/hiphop/rap act has been here
    the past few years, the prices are basically the same for tickets and they play the same type show they do in the USA.

They either play at a outdoor stadium that takes around 40/50 thousand or an indoor arena that takes 12 thousand.

So Garth's excuse is either BS or he really needs to hire people who know what they're doing, if he thinks its double the costs and only half the show.

Im sure the chicks could play the states again, now its 2017.

I can understand people's frustrations but things change. I say be patient and see what happens later in the year. World Tours or any tour for that matter aren't limited to any set time. Give the guy a chance. He was out of the picture for basically 14 or so years. He is relearning and seeing the changes in market the past 3 years. Anticipation makes the heart grow fonder. Lets not be negative and send out positivity. :-)

For example, Brad Paisley brought his band over to Play 2 shows in Sweden and 1 in Norway this summer. The played places that have a stage but still swallows a lot of people. He played a small town 2 hours north of Stockholm that draw 10 000 people, one day later he played at Gröna Lund i Stockholm in front of 15 000 people, and then he finished of in Norway, at some place I don't even know where it was, but the crowed was 10 000+. So three shows in 5 days and an audience of over 35 000 people, not bad for a guy in a cowboyhat.. :-)

So there is an audience for country music in Europe, and if Garth want to cut the cost, bring the big stage to Ireland, and then find places in the rest of Europe where there already is a stage he and the band can use, because to me it doesn't matter if he has his stage with the flying drums or if plays in the back of a truck. It's about the music!

+ Reply to Thread