+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dan Fogelberg Tribute Album?

Dan Fogelberg Tribute Album?

So we all know that Garth played at the Colorado Music Hall of Fame concert last month in honor of Fogelberg. There was also talk of a Fogelberg tribute album. Is that album new or old? I saw an old tribute record called "Leader of the Band" (but couldn't find a tracklist), but I didn't know if this was the one that contained Garth's contributions.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    No, the album's new- thinking it comes out in October? Garth (according to Dan's widow, who introduced him at the concert) will be singing the song "Phoenix".. That's the one that he sang at the concert (before leading the entire 'group' of people in 'theres a place in the world for a gambler')
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Wow. November is going to be expensive for me. LOL. At least 4 copies of the Anthology (2 regular, 2 Limited Editions) and this album. And didn't Garth say maybe a live album? Yikes. :-)

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hmm- gonna be slightly less expensive for me... (2 of each of the anthologies seems excessive..) I'll get one regular one and one limited one.. get the regular one at a store. (if it's not online only)..

after being at the concert, the tribute album sounds like a great idea- MAY get it.. may try to find it in another location...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Excessive yes, but I always get two copies of each version. Started back in 1990 when No fences came out. I kept sharing my Garth with people and ended up wit no copies to listen to. So I started keeping ne copy to listen to and one to have for gifts etc. But ended up just having 2 of each over time. I only get one copy of tribute albums and guest star on others. I hope they sell both limited and regular copies in store but will do whatever to get copies. :-)

Oh wow, will it be a full band studio recording?? 7 minutes long like the original? I hope so, really looking forward to this.

+ Reply to Thread