+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VIP Tickets

VIP Tickets

I was just wondering what exactly do you get with the the VIP Tickets on the tour? Mostly what is the VIP exclusive merchandise it talks about on Ticketmaster? Yes, I read about the guitar, Trisha's cookbook, the meal and headphones. And also, what area are the seats usually?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm.. I think those are The only perks that I know of (dont know about any meet/greet..) as for seats? I don't know, (this all started after Garth ran through Denver, not that I would have been able to spend that much $.. Garth's not worth paying that much $ for ticket wise- no one is really).. I think or would imagine that they're on the floor rather close to stage (other than the 'first row or two' that are given out aren't they to "random people" in the arena (random .... HA!)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Haha those elusive front 2 rows! Lol

On Ticketmaster this morning it said exclusive merch and and 40% off regular tour merch. Just wondering if it was just tees and caps that were exclusive or hoodies and cooler stuff!

It did say it was limited to 20 VIP per show and no meet and greet, BUT then it said the guitar is personalized by Garth, not sure how that works.

I have been to 9-10 of the shows on this tour. At every show I have seen a group of about 20-30 people being walked from backstage with black Garth bags in hand. They are always sitting in the same area/group. The seats are usually in the first 2-3 rows in the risers just to the side of the stage. I'm fairly certain these are the VIP ticket holders. At every show I have seen them go back stage and come back with a Garth bag. I have seen some looking at pictures on their phone with them and Garth. So I think you do get a meet and greet with the VIP tickets. I think they have that disclaimer of no meet and greet so Garth is not obligated to do it, but I think he does.

Thanks for the info! I kinda thought the same thing about meet & greets. Especially when it said personalized guitar (gb7c???) I've been to 7 shows and haven't noticed any group wearing the headphones and kinda thought it might be up in a suite somewhere at some shows.

I am curious to know if it is his branded Takamine or a gimmicky toy guitar with like his face or logo or something cheesy instead?
    Matt
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"-GB

I haven't seen anyone carrying the guitar at the shows. However, I did see one for sale on eBay that the seller claimed to have gotten as part of the VIP package. It was not the GB7C. It was a G-Series Takamine signed by Garth.

Did it have the same cut out as GB7C but without the electronics? I've never looked up the G-series.

I think there a regular G series Takamine.

No, it did not have the Garth model soundhole shape. The Takamine G Series is the budget line of Takamine guitars that are mass produced.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm. On one hand I'd love to get my hands on one of those types of guitars (though I have my GB-7C and I love that one) but seems kinda crappy to have a mass produced type of guitar and not a GB-7C but then again.. it IS still a $500 guitar...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Bummer, that would be the only reason I would ever do a VIP for $3500, is getting his signature guitar, I wouldn't need the amp hook up. That's a shame

Quote Originally Posted by rmila00 View Post
    I have been to 9-10 of the shows on this tour. At every show I have seen a group of about 20-30 people being walked from backstage with black Garth bags in hand. They are always sitting in the same area/group. The seats are usually in the first 2-3 rows in the risers jutst to the side of the stage. I'm fairly certain these are the VIP ticket holders. At every show I have seen them go back stage and come back with a Garth bag. I have seen some looking at pictures on their phone with them and Garth. So I think you do get a meet and greet with the VIP tickets. I think they have that disclaimer of no meet and greet so Garth is not obligated to do it, but I think he does.

These are reserved for family or guests of the band. I sat there in OKC and most of the other shows. Dave Gant and Bryan Kennedy were hanging around this area prior to showtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    hmm. On one hand I'd love to get my hands on one of those types of guitars (though I have my GB-7C and I love that one) but seems kinda crappy to have a mass produced type of guitar and not a GB-7C but then again.. it IS still a $500 guitar...
    The signature guitar is what $1500? The G series is Takamine's line made in either Korea or China. You can a standard one for $230. Do they even sell his signature anymore?

+ Reply to Thread