+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Garth Music Timeline?

New Garth Music Timeline?

Well with Taylor Swift taking November 11 for her new album, will Garth compete with her or try the week before or after. I think the week after will still be Taylor's week so Garth maybe November 3, or 24th? I am going with 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Well with Taylor Swift taking November 11 for her new album, will Garth compete with her or try the week before or after. I think the week after will still be Taylor's week so Garth maybe November 3, or 24th? I am going with 24th.
    I first thought well hes going change things up. There are three prodcuts this year that Garth has hinted at coming. 1: A live Album. 2: A Box Set. 3:A book.

There is no way he competes with Taylor for album sales, and judging by first week sales of MAM and GunSlinger, I dont think Taylor or no Taylor he doesnt get the number
    one spot at all. I Think no matter what week he releases, the live album or box set, it will probably end up around number 5 on the b top 200 album charts and no 1 on the
    country.

Probably with Gunslinger was, there were three different versions, the one included with the xmas album, the one in the boxset, and the stand alone. So Gunslinger it
    self technically only sold I think 28 thousand copies in its first week.

Hes not going to release the live album, the same day as the box set, i dont think, I just hope its a stand alone thing, if he does that he
    might sell 250K first week?? for the live album.

AS for the boxset, well I think it will do well considering hes hinted its going to have the demo's in it.

Again the boxset will sell well if its what the public is craving for.

I think the boxset will come out in early November, and the boxset a week before xmas, not to sure about the book.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hmm... not one to speculate TOO much but from what I read... Her album's out on Nov 10.. NOT Nov 11.. That's only off by one day, true..

BUT

Nov 7.. TUESDAY.. Normal release day for music... + a 7... + it would 'undercut ' her perhaps.. by a few days...

BUT STILL AGAIN...

Taylor Swift will probably have # 1 album.. she's more geared to Pop now, not country.

AND YET

Garth (like it or not) is not as popular, nor as relevant now as he was in the 90s...

SO..

there's really no use in the comparisons between the two ...

That being said, IF Garth releases anything this november, I'd wager it's the anthology... The "live album" could be a part of it but I'd think closer to Christmas would work better, after the Tour ends in this current "iteration" - more as a celebration of the tour's success...

Anything's possible though
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I agree with much of what has been said here but I want to add a couple of comments. First, new music is now released on Friday. Second, I think the book will be in the box, meaning only two releases this year. I suspect both will be released during the holiday Amazon Prime promotional deal period around Black Friday.

Normal release day for new music has been Friday since July 2015.

You guys are right, new music does infact drop on Fridays now, BUT there is a Billboard article saying Nov 10, with the new single I guess today or new Thursday...Maybe she's doing it on the 10th, worldwide, different time zones and such may play a factor in it, or Billboard could have did a type-o.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    You guys are right, new music does infact drop on Fridays now, BUT there is a Billboard article saying Nov 10, with the new single I guess today or new Thursday...Maybe she's doing it on the 10th, worldwide, different time zones and such may play a factor in it, or Billboard could have did a type-o.
    The reason they say Thursday is because the music drops at midnight. The tracking for the week begins on Friday when new music is released. To not be tracked early they wait until midnight Thursday. They want the maximum sales to be counted for higher ranking on chart. I may be wrong but that is what I think. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    The reason they say Thursday is because the music drops at midnight. The tracking for the week begins on Friday when new music is released. To not be tracked early they wait until midnight Thursday. They want the maximum sales to be counted for higher ranking on chart. I may be wrong but that is what I think. LOL
    There is going to be a mass world wide campaign for Taylor's new album. Our biggest news show here in New Zealand, just did a big piece on her new album, interviewing people on what it might be like, the style, etc etc etc.

+ Reply to Thread