+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Grammy Whisperer

The Grammy Whisperer

The Grammy nominating period is coming us soon and the pundits are making thier predictions on who will be nominated. Garthgot mentioned twice. Once in single of year for Baby Lets Lay Down....and in Album for Gunslinger. To be honest both were in possibilities but NOT fav orites. It's just nice to see him being mentioned in the Grammy talk. His nominations are a big long shot but.....

In the USA, the best country in the world
    The Grammys to me have always been the 'artsy' type of awards, not truly representative of what's GREAT in music (at least as far as country is concerned)... I doubt Garth will get one, though it's poss. he gets nominated... good luck to him

maybe they'll nominate the upcoming fogelberg tribute album Garth's involved with.. (He's singing 'phoenix'....) it sounds like a poss. for 'vocal event' or some other category ..... who knows
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Considering Garth has only ever won 2 Grammys I highly doubt that he is going to get a nomination for Gunslinger or BLLDAD. I'd love to be wrong, but can't see that happening.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Considering Garth has only ever won 2 Grammys I highly doubt that he is going to get a nomination for Gunslinger or BLLDAD. I'd love to be wrong, but can't see that happening.
    They mentioned that Garth missed out on nominations and maybe wins because the Grammy's did away with a country category for albums up until 1993. So No Fences and Ropin got shafted. IMHO. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    They mentioned that Garth missed out on nominations and maybe wins because the Grammy's did away with a country category for albums up until 1993. So No Fences and Ropin got shafted. IMHO. :-)
    I'm a big awards show fan and you are right. There was no category for Country Album between 1967-1994. However, Ropin' The Wind actually won a Grammy. Garth won Best Country Vocal Performance Male in 1992 for Ropin' The Wind.

Grammys are like the Oscars. The ones that win usually are not that good. But, it would still be cool if he got nominated!

+ Reply to Thread