+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GAlert

GAlert

So, what will it be about?

My guess is the final tour stop will be announced. Still too early IMO for new music announcements.

I'm sure it's to announce the free 25th anniversary edition of The Chase/In Pieces via Amazon and Geico.

He said on last weeks studio G, that its about the free giveaway of the chase and in pieces for amazon prime customers.

I also thought the announcements were suppose to be within the hour of a G Alert being given out.

Didnt Garth say, if you get a G Alert, within the hour log on to facebook or something.

Not sure if Im going to stay up till 1am New Zealand time for this one.

I skipped Studio G this week so that's news to me. Can't believe something that big didn't get it's own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    I skipped Studio G this week so that's news to me. Can't believe something that big didn't get it's own thread.
    Yeah, I think he said there is going to be a limited number that will be given away to help celebrate the cd's.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    ok, so the G alert... . in reality... was an announcement for an announcement? (where have I heard that before? )
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    ok, so the G alert... . in reality... was an announcement for an announcement? (where have I heard that before? )
    Haha!! Garth's the expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Yeah, I think he said there is going to be a limited number that will be given away to help celebrate the cd's.
    I hate that I have to even think this way, but the "give away" I'm sure is to help his RIAA sales tally. You know Amazon and Geico had to "buy" these albums so they will count. I imagine we can expect The Chase and In Pieces to be recertified soon. This promo plus including them in the Anthology (which I feel certain is going to happen) will get them to the Diamond (10 million) mark.

They're free digital downloads of what appears to be the 2 CD set from QVC. I'll pass! If the CDs become available together, I may snag them but most likely not! I don't need to buy another copy of each!

I don't think they will be in the anthology unless his first 5 are in there, to him it's all or nothing pre The Hits era.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I don't think they will be in the anthology unless his first 5 are in there, to him it's all or nothing pre The Hits era.
    I agree 110%. I think all 5 will be in there. I'd actually love to be wrong about that, but I just have a gut feeling that they will be.

I know some have said the Anthology covering the first 5 albums doesn't necessarily mean it WILL BE the first 5 albums and I agree with that statement. The Beatles Anthologies covered different eras/albums of their careers and did not include the albums. However, when you consider Garth seems to be all about chasing The Beatles and getting the Diamond Awards I suspect he will use this opportunity to boost all 5 of those albums, but The Chase and In Pieces specifically. There has obviously been a huge focus on those records and the 25th anniversary angle. Kind of interesting since In Pieces doesn't turn 25 till next year.

I actually like the focus on those 2 albums. I actually think it would be neat if they got a little more love in the live show. Only 2 singles from The Chase and 3 singles from In Pieces get played on a regular basis. Wouldn't happen in a million years, but I'd love to see him play one of them in their entirety one night.

I got my copy of the FREE cds. I don't do much listening on-line or anywhere else except with CDs. I am a dinosaur when it comes to music. It was easy to do. Just click, click, click. Then they send a link. If it gets him to Diamond Award, then I am for it. Hopefully then he will concentrate on new music. Playing albums in full as a concert may be a next step. A lot of artists have been touring behind certain albums of theirs. I can see Garth doing a Garth Brooks Tour of the first CD Garth Brooks, a few cities, then record highlights and release a CD with original cd and highlights from the concert on a second disc. That would be an interesting addition to his sales. Plus he could do his entire catalog up until the break and when it is all said and done, he could then do a boxed set at some point of all the cds. I wonder how many copies of the cds I will have at that point. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I hate that I have to even think this way, but the "give away" I'm sure is to help his RIAA sales tally. You know Amazon and Geico had to "buy" these albums so they will count. I imagine we can expect The Chase and In Pieces to be recertified soon. This promo plus including them in the Anthology (which I feel certain is going to happen) will get them to the Diamond (10 million) mark.
    Oh that is almost certainly the point of this. He wants those albums to get Diamond certified.

I also agree that he'll use the anthology to boost additional sales to achieve that goal. I anticipate the anthology to be 10 discs, consisting of the first 5 albums with an additional disc for each album containing demos, early takes, etc. of the songs on those albums.

So in essence:

Disc 1: Self Titled album
    Disc 2: Demos, early takes, etc. of the songs on the self-titled
    Disc 3: No Fences
    Disc 4: No Fences demos, early takes, etc.

...and so forth through In Pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Oh that is almost certainly the point of this. He wants those albums to get Diamond certified.

I also agree that he'll use the anthology to boost additional sales to achieve that goal. I anticipate the anthology to be 10 discs, consisting of the first 5 albums with an additional disc for each album containing demos, early takes, etc. of the songs on those albums.

So in essence:

Disc 1: Self Titled album
    Disc 2: Demos, early takes, etc. of the songs on the self-titled
    Disc 3: No Fences
    Disc 4: No Fences demos, early takes, etc.

...and so forth through In Pieces.
    This is EXACTLY what I think will happen. Either great minds think alike or we are both dead wrong. Kind of hope we are wrong. HA!

By the way Emerald, I went to see Metallica in Atlanta last month. Killer show!

This is EXACTLY what I think will happen. Either great minds think alike or we are both dead wrong. Kind of hope we are wrong. HA!

By the way Emerald, I went to see Metallica in Atlanta last month. Killer show!
    I'm so glad I got to see them in Philly. Amazing show! And the best part --- I was able to buy a CD recording of that show so I can relive it anytime I want!

Ah, I got it, and everyone (almost everyone) would be happy! A box set, all five albums on vinyl and also 5 CDs of the anthology stuff!!!! I know, it will not be this cool but if only......

How exactly are people getting CD's? All I see available are downloads.

I'm so glad I got to see them in Philly. Amazing show! And the best part --- I was able to buy a CD recording of that show so I can relive it anytime I want!
    My CD from the Atlanta show shipped yesterday! Can't wait to relive it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Are people getting CDs? If so, this is news to me and I would love to know how to get CD copies.
    Last edited by rhd13; 08-15-2017 at 02:24 PM.

I subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited and noticed The Chase and In Pieces are no longer available to stream. Sneaky. They really want people to cash in those free downloads.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    As far as I know it is only downloads. no cds.

BTW Did I hear wrong or did Garth say that there were only going to be 2 galerts but then hinted at another one????? And I am wondering how many copies are being paid for by Amazon and Gieko? I wonder how his numbers will stack up? Plus will he make a dent in the charts like Kanye or Jay Z did with the 444.4 album?

hmm- it's worth a download at that price point...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

We are unable to proceed with your order please provide an address that is local.

I guess orders from New Zealand dont count for RIAA Numbers.

Oh well, I already have both cds twice, I guess I dont need it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    We are unable to proceed with your order please provide an address that is local.

I guess orders from New Zealand dont count for RIAA Numbers.

Oh well, I already have both cds twice, I guess I dont need it again.
    I have the CDs and the 2014 digital download. I think it's enough. What's so special about it anyway? It has 25th anniversary logo? What about 25th anniversary of his first album?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I have the CDs and the 2014 digital download. I think it's enough. What's so special about it anyway? It has 25th anniversary logo? What about 25th anniversary of his first album?
    The first album is already certified Diamond ;P

The first album is already certified Diamond ;P
    The funny thing is I bet you are right!

The funny thing is I bet you are right!
    not to mention, the 25th anniversary of the first album was 3 years ago

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread