+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Predictions for Garth the Rest of the Year

My Predictions for Garth the Rest of the Year

On Monday's Studio G he will announce there wont be another Studio G until the week of his next concerts which will be
    September 9th, he will totally take August off.

There wont be a G Alert for the reminder of 2017.

There will be a couple of more concert dates in October, two for November, and two for December, making the
    six cities left to announce.

He will end this current tour in December. Just before New years, he will repeat himself and will say the current tour has ended, but he's not going to stop touring, just taking a wee break and he will do concerts as stated before in multi artist festival form, and the odd show here and there.

There will be ZERO concerts outside North America in the coming years.

Some Wynn shows will be announced for 2018.

There will be the three projects hes talked about this year.

He will announce the anthology in September And it will be released this year but a few weeks before or after
    Triple Live.

The Anthology will have extra tid bits we didnt expect and we will be pleasantly surprised. In fact I think we will
    be blown away by it. :-) It will be a limited time released though and hard to find. It will sell well.

The Live album will be Triple Live as he said before, and will be exclusive to one retail store and we know Amazon digitally
    There will be a lot of songs on it, and maybe one or two of his own songs from Housekeeping portion, but not
    other people's songs. It will be what we expected and wont put up huge numbers like double live. Too much
    studio work will be done on it, but we will still like it, and blast out our neighborhoods.

Right on Xmas, he will release his book, Im predicting it will be based on or even just be a transcript
    of Studio G, with a few pics from his tour. People will buy it and like it, but die hards like us may be a bit
    dissapointed with it.

He wont do a lot of promotion, in October/November/December just the Kimmel show.

His Tour will hit the six million ticket sold mark and there will be a celebration for it.

He will get his Eight diamond award and also celebrate 150 million certs from the RIAA.

That's it, pretty easy to guess, since hes stated the three projects before, I just think the Anthology will
    go brillantly and be a must for all Garth fans, the live album will be what we thought, the book may be disappointing.

All in all, three projects in the last say three months of the year is pretty cool.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 07-27-2017 at 06:38 AM.

I think you have some good ideas. I think you are a bit pessimistic Here's how I would amend some of your predictions.

I think there will be posts from Garth and his team during August but not necessarily live shows. I expect more behind the scenes tour videos and things like that.

I think a G-Alert might be possible during the September-November promotional period.

I think the Anthology box set will be exclusive to Amazon.com and perhaps even Amazon Prime users and will be limited as you suggest. I think the book Garth mentioned will be included in the box to explain each demo.

I think Triple Live will not be exclusive to Amazon.com and will be released widely. I think it will only contain songs from the main show with no housekeeping songs at all. There will also be no new singles from the album like Terrin' It Up or It's Your Song. The only new songs will be from Man Against Machine and Gunslinger. I think the third disc will be a DVD of one of his recorded concerts.

I think there is a possibility that Trisha may release a bonus disc with her live portion of the show in a bundled package.

I agree with you that he'll receive an 8th diamond for the Chase.

Great predictions on your part!!

It would make sense for the 3rd disc to be the Las Vegas shows he filmed last year. The book and Anthology will likely be the same box. I think the Anthology will be Amazon-only and Triple Live will be everywhere physical and Amazon Music Unlimited for streaming/digital.

He doesn't do enough variety of songs live to fill up 3 discs since he won't include housekeeping segments.

Brett Dale, I like the threads that you start. Makes for good discussion

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Brett Dale, I like the threads that you start. Makes for good discussion
    Cheers, thanks, appreciate it.

My hope not predictions vs reality

Hope
    He releases the Anthology album and it blows our minds away. I would love to see it have demos and extra tracks of new music.

Reality
    He releases Anthology album and it is just the 5 albums with a extra cd of 4 new songs

Hope
    He releases triple live. It has all new stuff and the third disc is house cleaning acoustic songs

Reality
    It is double live with a new album cover. It will have a few songs off the new albums but the third disc will be trishia and I will take it outside, throw it up and shoot it with my shotgun. (like trishia but tired of him pushing her down our throats)

Hope
    He releases a book and it has rare pictures and each chapter could be an album title telling me how you found each song and why you recorded it.

Reality
    He releases a book and its garth pc stuff about how great the fans are or how great trishia is. Nothing new just stuff we already knew being hard core garth fans

I love garth but I have come to the point that I don't expect him to ever put out what I want him to put out. I would love to see

live album of house cleaning songs
    Rare early concerts on dvd.
    Another covers album
    Acoustic album of his songs

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post

Hope
    He releases the Anthology album and it blows our minds away. I would love to see it have demos and extra tracks of new music.

Reality
    He releases Anthology album and it is just the 5 albums with a extra cd of 4 new songs

Hope
    He releases triple live. It has all new stuff and the third disc is house cleaning acoustic songs

Reality
    It is double live with a new album cover. It will have a few songs off the new albums but the third disc will be trishia and I will take it outside, throw it up and shoot it with my shotgun. (like trishia but tired of him pushing her down our throats)

Hope
    He releases a book and it has rare pictures and each chapter could be an album title telling me how you found each song and why you recorded it.

Reality
    He releases a book and its garth pc stuff about how great the fans are or how great trishia is. Nothing new just stuff we already knew being hard core garth fans

I love garth but I have come to the point that I don't expect him to ever put out what I want him to put out. I would love to see

Another covers album
    Man... other than putting a parentheses before and after not predictions... well said... love the idea of hopes vs reality... will it turn out as we hope? probably not- as reality indicates it may? probably not- not completely...

nicely put though.....

would also love to see house cleaning songs - won't happen but would love it
    would love to see the early concerts on DVD- also won't happen (officially ) but would be great
    another covers album... covers of who? which genre? like the potential here- would be nice
    Acoustic album- again not likely but also a nice idea...

would love to see the book be detailed, long, and objective.. will probably not get all of that...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I could hear a cover album of more current stuff! Not like today's music cuz most of it sucks but some 90s mostly or I would love to hear his take on some Christian songs! Not hymns or gossip but original songs some day...But you can add both to the not going to happen list.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post

Hope

Reality

Hope

Reality

Hope

Reality

Another covers album
    haha classic post!

My dream is for him to release dvd concert footage from never before seen concerts. (so not this is garth brooks, tigb2, ireland etc etc) But concert footage from
    New Zealand, germany, australia, norway, etc etc etc. that would be cool.

Where did he say he was going to do a book??
    Matt
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"-GB

Quote Originally Posted by gbfansince3 View Post
    I must have missed this too.

Quote Originally Posted by gbfansince3 View Post
    Studio g a while back he talked about wanting to do a book .
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I am not making any predictions. You never know with Garth. I was sitting at home cataloging my cds and putting them into polypropylene bags and tagging them with stickers with info. Tonight I was working on TUH since I added a missing cd. I have 5 versions of cd. The 2007 version, the limited edition, the Pink Edition, the 2014 version and the 2016 2 disc version. The Pink version got me to thinking. It would be cool if Garth released a cd with several color covers like he did with the Pink edition. For those who collect, it would give them something to look forward to. I wonder if this would have helped GS if he had put regular edition in TUC and released the special edition separate? I am wondering if Anthology will be a boxed set with five first albums, a new cover of Double Live and maybe a new cd of rare stuff (the singles added to the first boxed set, the songs with other artists etc). I am undecided if he will cannibalize sales of MAM and GS with stuff on Anthology. I think as has been mentioned, he wants the Diamonds for The Chase and In Pieces. I think he would like No Fences over 20 million. I think he would like to put some distance between him and Shania for most sales for a country album so a new cover of Double Live. He has a bunch of music that hasn't been certified in a while. 11 years for some and The Chase in 1998, plus CT, updated GS and the digital bundle. I also think he wants to be first artist over 100 million on Soundscan. He was 5 or 6 million ahead of the Beatles on the Soundscan list. For now until the end of the year new stuff comes out, I will concentrate on getting the I think 10 albums I am missing from the collection.

I know this is about the rest of the year but I think we won't hear anything about an international tour until he's done with America in December. Going by the rumour that Nashville will be the last stop and looking at the arena's schedule, that would be the week before Christmas. So I think he will wait until January for any possible international announcements.

+ Reply to Thread