+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who I would Love to see Interview Garth

Who I would Love to see Interview Garth

I think everybody is going to di9sagree with me here.

Since most interviews with Garth are great, friendly enough, but dont go to much indepth.

I would love to see Garth Brooks get interviewed by Howard Stern.

Never use to like Howard Stern, but have been going thru a lot of youtube clips and seeing him
    interview people in regards to the whole Late Night Show Fiasco's, Eg: Letterman versus Leno
    Vs Conan, and find it real interesting.

I also liked his interviews with Schan Baron Cohen. I know Howard is a shock jock who doesnt like
    Garth, but he does seem to get interesting stories out of people, and most importantly of all,
    HONEST answers.

I know it will never happen, but it would be great to see him being interviewed by him.

I agree. It'd be cool to see Garth in Howard's studio for an hour, but it's very off-brand for Garth. Therefore, he will never be on it. Shoot, he hasn't even been on Jimmy Fallon.

He should have done a carpool karaoke with James Corden and a classroom instruments segment with Jimmy Fallon last fall ahead of all the releases. Instead, he did a flop of a comedy piece with Jimmy Kimmel. I think the lack of buzz worthy appearances played a huge part in The Ultimate Collection and Gunslinger not selling as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    I agree. It'd be cool to see Garth in Howard's studio for an hour, but it's very off-brand for Garth. Therefore, he will never be on it. Shoot, he hasn't even been on Jimmy Fallon.

He should have done a carpool karaoke with James Corden and a classroom instruments segment with Jimmy Fallon last fall ahead of all the releases. Instead, he did a flop of a comedy piece with Jimmy Kimmel. I think the lack of buzz worthy appearances played a huge part in The Ultimate Collection and Gunslinger not selling as well.
    Agreed, he seems to play it very very safe. I still think Gunslinger failed because it was available in two many
    different formats.

Howard would be an amazing interview, but Garth will never do it.

I just thought since they're both with Sirius, someone should try to get this thing done.

Thats why Im a bit concerned about his book, I think we wont learn anything new, it would be safe and basically
    rehashing what we already know.

I got a friend of mine who ran his own radio show/podcast a few years ago and was fortunate to interview heavyweight celebs like Billy Bob Thornton, Bill Maher, Sean Hannity, David Gregory, Hal Sparks and Joe Rogan. He now mostly runs an MMA podcast with MMA legend Frank Mir but I think if he were to run a regular podcast again, I think he would be a great fit for a Garth interview because he has Howard Stern's style of interviewing without all the negative stereotypes. Richard Hunter is the name of my friend and I imagine some of you aren't UFC/MMA fans but if you ever want to listen to his work his podcast is called Phone Booth Fighting.

On a bigger interviewing scale, I would love to see him make an appearance on Kevin Pollak's Chat Show podcast, that guy has a way of making it funny while filling his interviews with Charlie Rose style questions. He's had very great interviews with Billy Bob Thornton, Tom Hanks, Dick Van Dyke and Kelly Carlin (George Carlin's daughter)

+ Reply to Thread