+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Ultimate Hits Moves Up To 16th on Country Chart

The Ultimate Hits Moves Up To 16th on Country Chart

I know some people don't like weekly reports on albums but I thought this was a good reason to post. TUH moved up 16 spots to #16 from #32 on the Billboard Country Chart. This is amazing for such an older album. I wonder what caused the leap. Which also gave me pause to think....what would Garth's sales be like if they shipped his catalog to areas that are hosting Garth concerts? I glanced at the records at Target and Wally World and didn't see hide not hair of Garth music and we have two concerts this week. Sold 30 thousand seats in a minute and it would have been great to find a cd or two on sale.

The difference between 32 and 16 on the country chart is maybe a few hundred albums. The bump could be him playing in a big market like LA. I still see a couple TUH when I look at Walmart, but I'd bet a lot of the sales are from Amazon.

Side note, I wonder how many albums they've sold at the shows? Those albums aren't counted toward the sales numbers so it'd be interesting to hear how many they've sold in the past three years.

I thought they were counted but it was very strict accounting so it took longer to total. I can't remember where I read that. Does he just sell that title or does he have 25th anniversary of The Chase or Gunslinger?

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I thought they were counted but it was very strict accounting so it took longer to total. I can't remember where I read that. Does he just sell that title or does he have 25th anniversary of The Chase or Gunslinger?
    Hmm, I had always heard that they weren't counted, but I may be wrong! I've only ever seen TUH, Gunslinger and Man Against Machine.

RIAA is kinda abiguous about it. They said if sold as merchandise, must be at least $6 minumum and $12 for 2 sold together. He should have added Double Live to the mix. Maybe the reason for TUH rise is a combination of store, Amazon and concert sales. Just glad to see him on chart with all the young whippersnappers. Elvis was even on the chart down in the 30's.

Maybe there was also a big drop on alot of the top albums, falling lower on the charts. There hasn't been too much noise besides Lady Gaga and Kesha having new albums out. It's been slow lately.

He's playing more of his album in the housekeeping portion of his concerts so I think people are discovering it's a good album and buying it. I've been listening to other contemporary country music albums on Amazon Music lately and they just aren't as good as Gunslinger, even if some on here aren't too crazy about it.

forgot to mention that TUH was ranked #34 on the catalog chart last week. I ended up buying a copy of TUH at the Mid State Fair. I would have bought GS for my friend but they had the concession stand closed at end of first concert. My friend really liked AMHIK. But I did get TUH 2 disc with DVD 2014 version. I was missing a copy in my collection. I had my copies of the 2007 version but now have 2014. It will be interesting to see how Garth promotes his catalog once Pearl Records is sole distributor of his catalog. Will prices go up once the shelves are restocked by Pearl?

It will be interesting to see how Garth promotes his catalog once Pearl Records is sole distributor of his catalog. Will prices go up once the shelves are restocked by Pearl?
    Well, as far as I know, the new 2016 2-disc version of TUH is solely distributed by Pearl, and it's been consistently pretty cheap, ranging from $6-$10 (I got mine from Walmart for $7). So if I had to guess, I think the prices for the back catalog will actually be lower than they've been.

Well TUH took a big drop but is still ranked. TUH dropped to #44 this week from #16 and dropped off the catalog chart. But still a great run on the charts.

TUH moved up 1 spot on the Billboard Country Album chart. It moved up to #43, one spot from last week. Still chugging along after 10 years.

After two weeks off the Top 50 Country albums, TUH moves back in to #42. It will be interesting how the numbers will change once the product with Capital runs out and Pearl records ships out the music solo. I am sure Garth will want Pearl to have big numbers. It will be interesting what kind of greatest hits/ultimate hits/best of he will release. The wording on TUH said that what was shipped was the final copies of that album. So he will want something to replace TUH like it replaced The Hits. He will want something thats gonna sell at least 10 million like those two albums did. Will Anthology replace them? Does that mean two products from Garth? Anthology will be a normal priced set with the new Live music being the lower priced product or vica versa? I think Anthology will be lower priced set so he can pad the numbers to get to 10 million and Live set will be one to be on shelves. Two months of speculation to go. LOL.

Garth is still charting on the country album chart. This week he is at #48 down from #42.

After dropping out of the top 50 the last couple of weeks, TUH is back at #47.

Thanks, gbkubfan, for keeping us updated on where Garth is landing on the charts each week.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

TUH moved up 2 spots this week. This week it is up to #45 up from #47. I wonder how it will be effected by Anthology set when it comes out. I hope they plan on having catalog of first five albums on the shelf so people interested in getting them with Anthology.

TUH hits jumped up 8 spots on this weeks Billboard Country Albums chart. Last week it it was #45, this week up to #37. Maybe all this talk about the Anthology is helping sales.

TUH moved up 2 spots this week. This week it is up to #45 up from #47. I wonder how it will be effected by Anthology set when it comes out. I hope they plan on having catalog of first five albums on the shelf so people interested in getting them with Anthology.
    Last time I went to Walmart they still had around 6 copies of all his albums (debut up to Scarecrow) at $5 bucks each. Granted it's the old Legacy stock but the albums have never sounded better IMO.

TUH dropped off the Top 50 on the country album charts. I was at a record store yesterday and asked the guy Why no Garth music except for the same 3 cds from a month ago. He said you can't get any Garth right now. He says he wishes he could get some. He had 2 TUH and one used copy of The Chase. At Target and Wally World, they have zero copies. The guy at the Pismo store earlier last month said everyone bought up the Garth stock when he came to town for the Paso Fair and they hadn't been able to get anything since. I am hoping they release his suff with the Anthology book.

TUH zoomed back up the Country Chart on Billboard. Last week the album dropped off the Top 50 and is now back at #35. It is amazing the legs this album has had. So will Anthology help or hurt sales? I think it could help sales. If they are able to get Garth albums on the shelves, I think we can see Garth with 2 or 3 albums charting. It was so cool last year when he had control of the top five. We will find out a couple weeks from today.

Weekly update: TUH dropped 5 spots to #40 but is still ranked. Lets see how it does after CMAs. I wonder if Garth will get a spike from the show like other artists. Will also be interesting to see if any advertising for The Anthology.

Weekly Update. After 111 weeks on the chart, TUH drops one spot. It is now #41 , last week it was #40. Not bad. Hopefully it will move up with The Anthology out today.

TUH moved up to #37 on Country Albums.

+ Reply to Thread