+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Studio G: July 24th 2017

Studio G: July 24th 2017

Well the last few Studio G's have been going thru the motions, Im guessing Mondays (USA Time)
    will probably be the same.

Maybe they will show the clip of the couple who got Garth to read out the gender of
    their baby.

Maybe talk about there is only a few cities left on his North American Tour.

Talk about Trisha for a bit.

And a few ask Garth's where people tell Garth how much his music means to them.

That's it in a nutshell Brett.

I wonder what his favorite song to play live is? Lol

Hey, after 14 years of not much from him other than a few Wal Mart things and the Vegas gig if you were lucky enough to go see him, I'll take Studio G anytime! We'll miss this one day.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Hey, after 14 years of not much from him other than a few Wal Mart things and the Vegas gig if you were lucky enough to go see him, I'll take Studio G anytime! We'll miss this one day.
    Agreed!! I've done my fair share of complaining about Garth, but there are some here that seem downright angry at him for whatever reason. Studio G is great. IMO anyone who expects it to be super announcements and huge reveals every week, especially in July, are simply kidding themselves and/or just don't underdatand the point of the show.

Like Garthcop says, someday we'll miss these weekly conversations.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Like Garthcop says, someday we'll miss these weekly conversations.
    We'll miss them certainly, though some (*cough cough wink wink*) have downloaded them all so far

I admit I seem to complain sometimes about Garth.. Other times there are those who are blindly loving/agreeing with everything he's doing, right or wrong. they're no less true fans than I am (or others are) but to some, he's an idol and on a pedestal.. some are more objective in their fandom.. others? well, they're just angry it's a mixed bag certainly .. will have to see what all's gonna happen though! (w/ the fall and w/ studio G that is hehe)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I think I have been guilty of both, one of being a fan boy and two of being too critical.

Just looking forward to the anthology later this year and what it might be bring.

In terms of Studio G, yeah will miss it when its gone, but Im sort of at the point, where like with say Gordon Ramsay's Hell
    kitchen, it gets a bit repetitive.

Every now and then theres a good one though.

I tend to agree with what is said above. I think I have been both a "fan boy" and too critical at times. However, I think in most instances I'm pretty balanced. I try to be objective (which I know drives some nuts). I can't just blindly think everything he does is awesome, but obviously I think the vast majority of things are great or I wouldn't be here and be such a big fan.

I tend to think the reasonable criticism is just simply because we are all passionate and all care about what Garth does. We have certain things that we hope for and want to see him do and at times it is disappointing when those things don't happen. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It means we are excited and actually care. I don't get anger or vitriol at all, but disappointment I totally understand.

I actually really like the whole box set releases. My one big complaint with those is I think there should always be enough "new" material to justify getting those of us who already have everything to buy. No matter who the artist is, I have always thought having a handful of unreleased tunes added to a release to force your fans to have to re-buy previous material is lame. I know some will say, you aren't "forced" to buy. Obviously, this is true, but I think most know what I mean. As a true fan (ie. completist) you want to have everything that your favorite artist releases. The last box was borderline frustrating. Outside of the new record there was little in that box for those of us that frequent this board.

I think the Anthology has the potential to be amazing. I think he will find a way to include the first 5 albums with it. I'm OK with that as long as there is plenty of unreleased material and the price is cheap.

As far as Studio G is concerned I really do enjoy those. I don't expect big announcements every week or ground breaking stuff all the time. I just think it gets kind of monotonous but that is just me. No offense to Garth I don't think I'd want to watch any artist do that every week. That being said, I'd prefer that he do them after having 14 years of virtual silence.
    Last edited by rhd13; 07-24-2017 at 12:38 PM.

It seems like the biggest announcements seem to happen at the press conferences before the show instead of Studio G or the G Alert. For example, the NASA thing was cool, but the announcement of Anthology was much bigger and he mentioned it at a presser for the OKC Shows. I did like how he took us kind of behind the scenes of Gunslinger during the Studio G segments last year. I do think the first five albums will be included in Anthology to help with the album sales. Maybe each one a double album. For example No Fences (original)/No Fences (DEMOS). If each album comes with a demo that's 10 discs there, which will certainly boost album sales.

Pregnant????

I wonder if Garth pre-screens the video questions or they are picked by his staff and he sees them when we see them. They are redundant. I've sent in two asking things that us Pgers would be interested in but they didn't make it on Studio G. Maybe we need to come up with questions as a group and bombard Studio G with it so one of them or all of them are picked.

Saying that though, Studio G is still great. Anytime he sings on it with his guitar it's worth the whole segment. Ask Me How I Know was so awesome when he did it tonight!!

So who's pregnant
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    So who's pregnant
    unless I missed somethign- I think that may have been in reference (in part?) to where he was announcing the gender of someone's baby?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I wonder if Garth pre-screens the video questions or they are picked by his staff and he sees them when we see them. They are redundant. I've sent in two asking things that us Pgers would be interested in but they didn't make it on Studio G. Maybe we need to come up with questions as a group and bombard Studio G with it so one of them or all of them are picked.

Saying that though, Studio G is still great. Anytime he sings on it with his guitar it's worth the whole segment. Ask Me How I Know was so awesome when he did it tonight!!
    I would be willing to bet a lot of money that Garth knows exactly what's happening every time Studio G is filmed. Hate to see it, but a lot of the "surprised" stuff is an act. Perfect example is the cake the other night with Dr. Pepper and candy. He acted pretty surprised, yet there was a video of him standing right behind it as a teaser on Instagram an hour before Studio G went on. There's no way he's letting them film without knowing what's coming. I'm okay with it though...he's in the entertainment industry.

I think some of it is staged, but the people who run it, may want a genuine reaction from Garth, so they may not tell him some things. Maybe its split, but im pretty sure
    some of it is a spontaneous genuine reaction, and of course some of it may be staged.

+ Reply to Thread