+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Studio G: July 10th 2017

Studio G: July 10th 2017

Is going to be hijacked by Australia and New Zealand.

A mass campaign, started by that Australian radio station has been
    getting its listeners and followers of social media to swamp Studio G with
    questions and videos to Garth about Garth coming down to Australia. We kiwis in New Zealand
    are also joining into it also, since both countries are just a three hour flight between
    them, so its a coordinated campaign, and has been going on since the day after the last Studio G.

Their point is, that sure Garth can choose to totally ignore the questions if he wants too, but the more
    questions Team Garth receives, the harder it will be for him to ignore or not give a straight answer.

Other country radio states across Australia are also now joining in.

Again this is because of the real frustration they have felt with all the communication being cut off.

They are doing it professionally, using the correcty hashtags, and have asked their listeners to be honest and direct in their questions to Garth, saying each person has to ask a question in the way they want to.

The "hijack" thing, is just a little comedic play on their facebook page, they want Garth to know he
    has got fans in this part of the world.

For me its quite strange because this will be one of the first Studio G's that I wont be by a computer, cuz
    Im going away for a week.

So I may miss a good one.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 07-09-2017 at 05:07 AM.

I really hope he doesn't ignore the questions but knowing him he will.

Here's my guess about the rest of the tour. We won't know until he finishes America in December. He concentrates one city at a time and he's not going to change that. By announcing an international tour, it takes away the one city excitement.

My guess is that he will tour Europe first next year with the announcement next January. Then onto Australia for their spring/summer at the end of 2018. I don't see him going at the beginning of the year because it means announcing things before that, I just don't see him doing that.

If what he said is true, he said that next year will play shows on someone else's dime. Meaning he's not going to pay for a tour. I hope you guys in Europe get to see him play some festivals because I think that would be awesome.

Pretty sad. Sooooo many American acts tour overseas, and don't whine about it costing money, insisting it be on someone else' dime.

Acts smaller than Garth....acts bigger than Garth....acts exactly as popular as Garth....they all manage to tour overseas. Perhaps not Australia, but DEFINITELY Europe. And guess what? They actually do it more than once every 20 years. Which makes his lack of interest more sad.

He does not have some sort of high tech stage setup, that is extremely difficult to transport. You would think the money he'll make in Ireland & UK more than compensates for any break evens or losses elsewhere. Although I somehow doubt there would be losses. It's not like he's some lounge act that can't sell tickets. Ahhh...poor Garth. You might have to actually travel to a country like Spain and only play 1 or 2 shows in Barcelona and 1 in Madrid. May have to sacrifice a bit and not do his beloved 4-6 shows in a city like here in the U.S.

And again...it's been 20+ years. Venture outside your beloved U.S. comfort zone for a couple of months, and give overseas fans a chance to see you live at least once in their lifetime. And what about the 300K who bought Ireland tickets, that you "claimed" you were heartbroken about disappointing. Making your whole "I want everybody who bought Croke Park tickets to be able to see the show" a bunch of "BLAH, BLAH, BLAH."

The best part of it, is claiming that he's not popular enough overseas, so why bother with a regular tour? Perhaps if you did concerts over there, you might actually attract new fans. You do realize it works that way often, which is why plenty of U.S. acts manage to find time to hit the bigger European markets.

I've heard Garth say many years ago, that he had kept prices low, because he has enough money for his Grandchildren's Grandchildren's Grandchildren. If so, why use the lame excuse that it's going to be a relatively minor expense to go overseas and perform for your fans.

NBC just put up a list of groups playing in London during the upcoming week of Wimbledon. Here are some of the American acts performing, The Killers, The Weeknd, Nas, Tom Petty & Heartbreakers, Stevie Nicks, Chaka Khan, Frank Ocean, Mary J. Blige. I guess they're all better able to manage playing there financially than Garth would be.

Are they playing at the Wimbledon event?

I think he's just not ready to be non-stop on the road away from things he can get to quickly during the week in the States. He has been going to Children's hospitals for Teammates With Kids and stuff like NASA during the week. Just a couple of weeks ago he was in the local news in Dallas because he was visiting children at the hospital here. He's got a pretty set routine right now. But let's give it time.

I wonder how much of tonight's Studio G will focus on Amazon Prime Day. Is Garth doing anything special other than the listen to Garth on Amazon to enter the concert contest?

Also, life for me has been crazy the past month, so I haven't watched the last 3-4 Studio G's. Have I missed anything special that is worth going back to listen to?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Also, life for me has been crazy the past month, so I haven't watched the last 3-4 Studio G's. Have I missed anything special that is worth going back to listen to?
    you haven't missed really anything earth shattering iff memory serves..

if you want, you can either look back on his site, or I have them downloaded ...... PM me if needed
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

No Studio G this week. He probably heard about the Australia/New Zealand plans. Or perhaps they decided to wait since Brett said he was going out of town.

I guess Australia/NZ get to try again next week.

Or maybe he was building a house?!

Brett Dale. Your people have to stop so that he isn't afraid of doing another Studio G again! Lol

Could it be that Garth has other things to do rather than a studio G? an obligation for a charity event .... as bitter was saying, maybe he was building a house w/ hab for hum...?

Not to be too much of a downer... but where's the proof for this 'campaign' from australia- not saying it's not the case- but where is independent backing up of the claim?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Could it be that Garth has other things to do rather than a studio G? an obligation for a charity event .... as bitter was saying, maybe he was building a house w/ hab for hum...?

Not to be too much of a downer... but where's the proof for this 'campaign' from australia- not saying it's not the case- but where is independent backing up of the claim?
    I agree. I mean, we're getting aggregated at the guy for doing a habitat for humanity event. Seems selfish.

I blame the fake media. On cell phone. The facebook page of the radio station is called rockin' this country.

LOL the Australia questions being the reason for no Studio G is sarcasm, right? I don't see any questions about it using the #AskGarth tag on Twitter. Looks like they haven't even made a blip.

Haha, yeah seems Garth was busy with Habait. Yep checked twitter also, not much action, on facebook,
    there was quite a few people who said they would send in questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Oh heres the facebook page of the radio station.

www.facebook.com/rockinthiscountry.com
    gets you this

"This page isn't available

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed."

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

gotcha;...

I'm wonder ing if Garth has even been aware of it... just a thought...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread