+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth in Atlanta - tix available 45 minutes in

Garth in Atlanta - tix available 45 minutes in

Would be shocked if a 2nd show is added. Just checked for curiosity and I could pull a pair of seats in 300 level and singles on the floor. Of course, this stadium holds around 4-5 arenas worth of people.

I also checked out of curiosity at noon. No seats. Including singles. Anywhere

Just to be crystal clear, me saying the show wasn't sold out in 45 minutes was in NO WAY a criticism of Garth. (I forget that not heaping praise in every sentence means some think that.) I was just simply saying that I don't think we are getting a second show.

Selling out that stadium would be like selling out 4-5 arenas. It is phenomenal to sell out a place like that period, much less in a couple of hours, which is what appeared to happen. Most acts can't even justify playing a place that big much less selling it out.

I meant no criticism. I was just clarifying/updating on what you said. And you're correct in saying that selling out a stadium is equal to selling out 3-4 arenas.
    Also agree that if they didn't add a second show by now there is not going to be a second.
    I'm just thankful I got that presale code that got me decent seats.
    Happy campers we are!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat3192 View Post
    I meant no criticism. I was just clarifying/updating on what you said. And you're correct in saying that selling out a stadium is equal to selling out 3-4 arenas.
    Also agree that if they didn't add a second show by now there is not going to be a second.
    Happy campers we are!!
    Sorry. Statement wasn't directed at you (or anyone in particular). Just a disclaimer so no one would think I was being critical because it wasn't sold out in 45 minutes.

I think it is a monumental accomplishment to sell that place out at all much less in 67 minutes. Like you, I will be there because I scored a presale code which got me lower level seats in 100s. Should be one heck of a time.

It's hard to do multiple shows in a stadium especially during football season.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    It's hard to do multiple shows in a stadium especially during football season.
    Just ut of interest , how many tickets did he sell for the Atlanta show???

60 thousand- 70 thousand?? More??

There are people in the stands, and a big part of the field??

Not counting central park, will this be the biggest crowd he has played too??

Texas stadium in 1993 was 60 thousand?? Croke park in 1997 40 thousand??

F scalpers man. On ticketmasters webpage, there are resale tickets going for $1700.

scalpers sucks.

73 thousand tickets were sold in 67 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat3192 View Post
    Happy campers we are!!
    I think it's premature to assume there won't be a 2nd show. The fact that it was not a super fast sellout, but still sold out within an hour, opens the possibility that they could add a 2nd date.

If it truly did sell out, and they're not holding any seats back, they might still see enough demand to sell lots of Friday night tickets. That said, it is entirely possible there will only be the 1 show, but certainly he could sell a fair amount of tickets if they added Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I think it's premature to assume there won't be a 2nd show. The fact that it was not a super fast sellout, but still sold out within an hour, opens the possibility that they could add a 2nd date.

If it truly did sell out, and they're not holding any seats back, they might still see enough demand to sell lots of Friday night tickets. That said, it is entirely possible there will only be the 1 show, but certainly he could sell a fair amount of tickets if they added Friday.
    I just looked at the Falcons schedule. It's on the their bye week so I don't think there will be another show added.

+ Reply to Thread