+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Special edition of studio g on Thursday

Yes the fans get carried away and today was awesome. But ask yourself why are fans getting carried away. Its the way he delievers news that gets fans excited. Anyway i think there wont be anymore annoucements alerts etc for a while. Stuido g takes a break but when it comes back i think it will just be the usual taking questions. Time for a breather.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I have friends that aren't even Garth fans and they actually make fun of how much he hypes up stuff. I don't see how anyone doesn't think he overdoes it with hype.
    I don't blame Garth for doing it and he won't be changing anytime soon, because apparently it works, as the comment right here states... Garth knows e-x-a-c-t-l-y what he is doing in his promotion and its why he is where he is today and beyond.
    Last edited by kirkfitz; 06-29-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkfitz View Post
    I don't blame Garth for doing it and he won't be changing anytime soon, because apparently it works, as the comment right here states... Garth knows e-x-a-c-t-l-y what he is doing in his promotion and its why he is where he is today and beyond.
    I guess that is why my friends used to be Garth fans and completely quit following him because they believed he overhyped everything he did to the point it became laughable to them.

Hype or not. Lovely thing he did today and i guess if the worse thing your fav artist does is too over hype then thats a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Hype or not. Lovely thing he did today and i guess if the worse thing your fav artist does is too over hype then thats a good thing.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Agreed.
    Something we can all agree on.

^^^this^^^

Um, people, you do know that NASA doesn't normally let civilians in to Mission Control, right?? MY uncle designed the camera systems for two of the Apollo missions and he never got inside Mission Control. For Garth and Trisha to talk with the two astronauts IS a pretty damn big deal.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    Um, people, you do know that NASA doesn't normally let civilians in to Mission Control, right?? MY uncle designed the camera systems for two of the Apollo missions and he never got inside Mission Control. For Garth and Trisha to talk with the two astronauts IS a pretty damn big deal.
    Sure for Garth and Trisha it is a huge deal obviously. However, celebrities get to do things all the time that normal civilians don't get to do.

Well I am probably speculating way off track but I honestly think Garth is working his way towards getting and EOY nomination and win from the ACM or CMA. I think he wants a 7th one and he is probably a shoo-in at this point. He is constantly in the news for community, music etc, everything an EOY should be. I mean between his 3 collections (CT,TUC, GS) ranked in the top 5 country chart at one point, sold out concert dates, between the sales of his catalog and the TUC, GS, CT and the Wally World bundle, he has sold between 1 and 2 million cds, etc. This is just my thinking. But I can't think of any other country artist who has been as visible as Garth. Maybe Blake Shelton for TV and music, Keith Urban for his tour and Predators visibility. So I think we will be seeing lots of these events to keep him visible. :-) Add the Live album, a tv special for Christmas or from tour, an 8th Diamond and maybe a couple of million added to his total of 148 million sold.......

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Well I am probably speculating way off track but I honestly think Garth is working his way towards getting and EOY nomination and win from the ACM or CMA. I think he wants a 7th one and he is probably a shoo-in at this point. He is constantly in the news for community, music etc, everything an EOY should be. I mean between his 3 collections (CT,TUC, GS) ranked in the top 5 country chart at one point, sold out concert dates, between the sales of his catalog and the TUC, GS, CT and the Wally World bundle, he has sold between 1 and 2 million cds, etc. This is just my thinking. But I can't think of any other country artist who has been as visible as Garth. Maybe Blake Shelton for TV and music, Keith Urban for his tour and Predators visibility. So I think we will be seeing lots of these events to keep him visible. :-) Add the Live album, a tv special for Christmas or from tour, an 8th Diamond and maybe a couple of million added to his total of 148 million sold.......
    The awards are part of it, I think its more the numbers, Biggest Tour, RIAA that is his biggest goal. Wait and see, there is four or five cities left to announce, he wont do any festivals, he will
    though add more USA cities to those four or five to be announced , plus add in some stadium shows, his goal now in touring is too push for U2's record and he's going to make sure that hes going to use the last
    six months in the best possible way, even it means revisiting some cities and maybe not visiting cities in the usa that he has said he would visit.

I think he will cut out Seattle and maybe visit Chicago again.

In terms of RIAA, he will get his eight diamond for the chase, and he will get past the magic 150 million mark, he will do it by multidisc boxsets. I dont think he could care less about soundscan though, which he is still leading by the
    way.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-30-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Just to add, I think hes looking at each city like an election, eg: How many votes. I think he has always had a plan, and the plan is each city have to meet their certain numbers for
    him to get the record.

I wonder if he will try and do more shows in the Central Coast area of California. Both shows at the midstate fair sold out in 30 seconds. 30,000 seats in 1 minute total. He could use the fair's arena as many nights as he needs once the fair is over.

+ Reply to Thread