+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Special edition of studio g on Thursday

Ah, so much for me thinking it was an international tour announcement. It would be around now that he would be announcing August dates as well. So that makes perfect sense from jturtels.

This is the type of thing then G Alert got invented for.

Too early too start a "Total Eclipse Concert" thread??? in the garth on tour board?

The honors have to go to jturtles for that.

I thought because they think America is the world and Sammy's hint at something out of this world, just maybe an international tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    This is the type of thing then G Alert got invented for.

Too early too start a "Total Eclipse Concert" thread??? in the garth on tour board?

The honors have to go to jturtles for that.
    What happens when I'm completely wrong? Ha

Guess we'll find out soon. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around him doing a concert during the eclipse itself. I mean, he's Garth so he could do anything...just seems a little off. Plus, the eclipse is on a Monday. Again, it's a once in a lifetime thing...so he could, I'm just wondering if it's going to be something slightly different than a concert during it. Maybe a concert that night? Maybe something with Facebook live during it? Have to also think about the planning. If it was going to be some sort of outdoor big stadium, it would have had to have been planned months ago. Now, obviously they know when an eclipse is coming years in advance....so it's possible.

The title of his email about the special Thursday studio G is "For the best reason of all.....THE MUSIC" and he has also said it's something no one else has done. It almost has to be the Demo box set he has talked about. That would also explain the long studio g. It would take a while for him to explain it, no one has ever release a box set like that, and it's all about the music. That's my guess.

I also believe he is supposed to give Bobby Bones his chair tomorrow - so maybe announce it on Bobby's show and then a Studio G the following day.

This GOT to be Chris Gaines performing a live cover of (Pink Floyd's) Dark Side of the Moon during the solar eclipse. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rmila00 View Post
    The title of his email about the special Thursday studio G is "For the best reason of all.....THE MUSIC" and he has also said it's something no one else has done. It almost has to be the Demo box set he has talked about. That would also explain the long studio g. It would take a while for him to explain it, no one has ever release a box set like that, and it's all about the music. That's my guess.
    Shoot, didnt receive the email. Oh well we will find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gbfevernorway View Post
    This GOT to be Chris Gaines performing a live cover of (Pink Floyd's) Dark Side of the Moon during the solar eclipse. :-)
    haha. That would be cool.

Shoot, didnt receive the email. Oh well we will find out soon enough.
    That email wasn't really about the special Inside Studio G. It was an email that was a replay of Monday night's episode. The advertisement about the special episode coming up was down at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    That email wasn't really about the special Inside Studio G. It was an email that was a replay of Monday night's episode. The advertisement about the special episode coming up was down at the bottom.
    Oh, cheers, i actually got that one.

Apparently the announcement is coming from NASA headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    Apparently the announcement is coming from NASA headquarters.
    Ohhh, I can't wait for this.

Was he not meant to record the Dublin concerts from space? Could this be a concert recording from space?

haha. That would be cool.
    That's funny because I just sent in an #AskGarth video question about Chris Gaines music that hopefully they play on the next official Studio G.

Uhm so the annoucement is from nasa? is that all the info he gave?

Is the nasa tweet it? i thought the social media thing today would explain it? and tomorrow was the press conference?

The announcement is tomorrow at Mission Control in Houston. My honest guesses:

1) A new rocket and/or type of equipment (Mars rover, etc,) will be named after Garth.
    2) A Garth album/song will be sent into space on a new satellite/rover/rocket
    3) Garth will give a special performance streamed live to astronauts on the ISS.

3 seems the most likely. Followed by 2. I'm not expecting 1, but it could happen. Would just be a strange thing to have a live announcement about.

Oh i was pretty sure he said in studio g we would know before the press conference what it would be and the conference is to explain it. I still think its concert during esclipse. Its gotta be pretty big if hes going to nasa for it. Would beaming music to iss count as a big annoucement for people?

Oh cds have already been sent into space. Thats something other artists have done before.

Saw the tweet he did. In nine hours its only had about 300 likes and 150 retweets. Not massive traction

Gone back watched studio G, they said twice...

"Stay tuned to social media, the announcement will be made before thursday to find out whats going on"

I believe The Hits went to space already. I wanna guess it's the Eclipse concert thing or a bunch of concerts around the world crammed into a day or two, like 10 in 10 days thing, but other artist have also done stuff like that before
    So I don't know. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I believe The Hits went to space already. I wanna guess it's the Eclipse concert thing or a bunch of concerts around the world crammed into a day or two, like 10 in 10 days thing, but other artist have also done stuff like that before
    So I don't know. Lol
    Yes the Hits has been sent into space.

I really hope its a Eclipse concert thing that would blow me away with if it is, if not that, maybe a run of concerts around the world.

Its going have to be big.

So I guess they decided to not say anything until Studio G today despite saying twice we'd know before Thursday. Interesting.

We have been informed that Studio G is coming from Houston. Of course they are not going to tell exactly what they will be talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by gbfevernorway View Post
    We have been informed that Studio G is coming from Houston. Of course they are not going to tell exactly what they will be talking about!
    I know it's coming from Houston, but it was specifically stated TWICE that the announcement would be made BEFORE Thursday.

Called it. He just grabbed his guitar to sing them a song.

That was incredibly cool and looked like it really meant a lot to the astronauts aboard the ISS. What an awesome experience that must have been for everyone.

That was cool to watch. But is that it?

+ Reply to Thread