+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Live Album

If this new live album does indeed happen, I really hope he includes the Ryman version of Whiskey to Wine. Very rarely do I like a live version better than the studio version, but this is definitely one of those times.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Gotta say, Charlie, I agree- I love the live version even better than studio
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

He played WTW in Columbus and IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! I would love the Ryman version on cd.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

I'd love to have The Call released, either Vegas or studio version?

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I'd love to have The Call released, either Vegas or studio version?
    Yeah, I have to admit how disappointed I was that The Call was not on Gunslinger. I really thought when he and Trisha sang it on the Vegas special that it was a glimpse of what was to come. I'm still hoping it shows up on a future release.

Me too, it such an honest true country song and I was shocked/disappointed not to see it on Gunslinger. Maybe he is saving it for the live album. He's gotta hold something special back for it!

I think we all know that the next live album will be double live with a few new tracks. I don't know why he does not do a live acoustic album of all the songs he sings for the encore, or his songs that were not singles that he plays during the show. I would be excited for that.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I think we all know that the next live album will be double live with a few new tracks. I don't know why he does not do a live acoustic album of all the songs he sings for the encore, or his songs that were not singles that he plays during the show. I would be excited for that.
    I had to chuckle at this one too.. What we want (we being a collective we, as in the fans) and what we will get will be different things for certain. While I could see the logistics (and licensing potentially) of recording housekeeping being a problem (if he's singing stuff that's not his), yeah- the acoustics, the specials, the stuff that we could hear that's NOT there on DL. THAT's the type of stuff that a lot of fans seem to want. Garth may protest all he wants about sounding bad, etc.. but it's plainly obvious from reading fan posts, and listening to fans, etc. that such an unedited type of show is what people want to have

IF (and it has to be an IF at this point, until we have a legitimate word from Garth himself, etc..) we get a DL The next generation (or triple live, etc.) it'll be I'd imagine like randa16 posted... Double live with a few more tracks/different tracks.. you'll have perhaps some re-recorded songs but you'll get PLP, AMHIK, BLLDAD, perhaps MAM...

only time will tell

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

When the DFW news covered the proposal at OKC over the weekend where Garth said he'll pay for their honeymoon (because the couple was from here), the news said he was recording a DVD of the concert. Don't know if they meant album or a DVD to go with everything. Just thought it was interesting they would say it.

I have to wonder (not trying to be a naysayer/downer/pain) how much excitement we should put in the 'recording for a DVD' type of commentary.. Garth (if he can be believed) has been saying the same thing since at least the Denver shows in 2015. (He mentioned our show being recorded, and mentioned something specifically about 'much too young' then..). I'm sure things have or could have changed idea wise since then but... just a thought

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I have to wonder (not trying to be a naysayer/downer/pain) how much excitement we should put in the 'recording for a DVD' type of commentary.. Garth (if he can be believed) has been saying the same thing since at least the Denver shows in 2015. (He mentioned our show being recorded, and mentioned something specifically about 'much too young' then..). I'm sure things have or could have changed idea wise since then but... just a thought
    Well I think he's recording multiple shows to cull the best performances of each song from. If that is indeed the case, then it'll almost certainly be a Double Live-2 type of album.

certainly.. I don't think Garth would ever do a true live album, despite that seemingly the fans would want that

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

He needs to do some kind of special release of the house keeping portion of the show for his hardcore fans. Maybe something you could find out how to get if you watched Studio G or something. That would be an awesome gift to his fans.

I wouldn't mind a cover or two on the new live album, but I gotta say...I don't really want a recording of the housekeeping portion of the show. I like that there is something about the show that isn't available to hear on demand. I know that when I see a Garth show, even though the main setlist remains mostly the same, that encore is going to be a brand new experience.

+ Reply to Thread