+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Live Album

There were notes on some of the doors in Knoxville saying it was being recorded too. It sounds like there might be a different approach to this live album compared to Double Live.

They've been recording multiple shows since the beginning of last year. Similar disclosures were on the doors at the Baltimore shows in January 2016.

I just hope that when it comes out, it's presented as a single show rather than cherry picked from multiple shows like Double Live was.

Why is some media reporting that garths live album as breaking news? Its been known for a while that he has a live album coming out.

I didn't see "breaking news" mentioned anywhere in that article.

The site wide open country are reporting it like its just been annouced.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post

I just hope that when it comes out, it's presented as a single show rather than cherry picked from multiple shows like Double Live was.
    IMHO, not a chance. He will choose the very best versions to put out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    IMHO, not a chance. He will choose the very best versions to put out there.
    Oh I assume that's what he'll do, and then clean it all up in the studio to boot. What I'm saying is that I hope the album plays like a full show, with the set list presented pretty much in the same order as it's been for most of the tour, and that there are no fade-outs between the songs.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Oh I assume that's what he'll do, and then clean it all up in the studio to boot. What I'm saying is that I hope the album plays like a full show, with the set list presented pretty much in the same order as it's been for most of the tour, and that there are no fade-outs between the songs.
    If Garth's past behaviors and comments can be used to form a basis for guessing what a new album would 'sound like'.. I think you'll be sorely disappointed.. Garth will over produce the heck out of the songs, to 'get them to sound their best', etc.. not realizing that many fans like the live sound of a full concert (the banter w/ the stadium audience, etc.. talking in between songs, etc. , the imperfections in the audio..)

IF Garth does another live album I'd love to see him do an actual LIVE album... even if best versions are culled together... you could seamlessly integrate diff. cities and still have it sound like a live show w/ all the 'trimmings'...

I won't be holding my breath though
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    If Garth's past behaviors and comments can be used to form a basis for guessing what a new album would 'sound like'.. I think you'll be sorely disappointed.. Garth will over produce the heck out of the songs, to 'get them to sound their best', etc.. not realizing that many fans like the live sound of a full concert (the banter w/ the stadium audience, etc.. talking in between songs, etc. , the imperfections in the audio..)

IF Garth does another live album I'd love to see him do an actual LIVE album... even if best versions are culled together... you could seamlessly integrate diff. cities and still have it sound like a live show w/ all the 'trimmings'...

I won't be holding my breath though
    You are so right about what people want from a live album, its the banter and the imperfections.

Here's another link from Sounds Like Nashville from 6/28. Nothing really new though.

http://www.soundslikenashville.com/n...nd-live-album/

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    Here's another link from Sounds Like Nashville from 6/28. Nothing really new though.

http://www.soundslikenashville.com/n...nd-live-album/
    The part about having two albums and plenty of new tunes to add cracks me up, since he still hardly plays any of those new tunes. Unless it's the house cleaning portion of the concert. But it sounds like from past Studio G answers, he isn't a fan of including that on a live album.

Man against machine, mom, all American kid, people loving people, baby let's lay down and dance, ask me how I know...If it's spread throughout 3 disc, it would be kinda thin.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Man against machine, mom, all American kid, people loving people, baby let's lay down and dance, ask me how I know...If it's spread throughout 3 disc, it would be kinda thin.
    Is it confirmed that it will be called triple live and have three discs?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Is it confirmed that it will be called triple live and have three discs?
    He mentioned the name during an Inside Studio G a while ago, and many here have been calling it that ever since. But IMO he was totally joking when he said it.

I kinda believe it will be 3 disc. I'm thinking it might have 2 shows, like Central Park and TIGB2 and then a new mixed live disc. 3 would help his numbers....

I think it will be the same format as double live, every song will be from a different show. I just hope he doesnt do what he did
    last time, I think he said he used crowd from one show and put it to the vocals of another show.

Also, I hope he doesnt have a cover where he is standing with a bunch of flags from around the world of places that he didnt tour.

Still so much looking forward to it, of course it will have all his classics, plus his new stuff, the Housekeeping would be incredible if he
    includes it. In fact that will blow me away, fingers and toes crossed.

Heck if it is three discs, that may mean 30 songs at least.

Hopefully it will be a standalone, but Im kinda guessing there might be...

1: A version with two exclusive songs if you buy it from amazon.
    2: A Target/Walmart version that has one added song, but not the two from amazon.
    3: A version included with a album from Trisha, that includes the duets.
    4: A version in a box set that includes his previous cd's
    5: A version with a DVD of Vegas and Newyork.
    6: A version with a song that is only on the first half a million sold.

It's very possible to have 2cd/1 DVD format. So many opportunities! lol I don't believe Housekeeping will be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    It's very possible to have 2cd/1 DVD format. So many opportunities! lol I don't believe Housekeeping will be part of it.
    Yes TUH was two cds and dvd. So there is many ways he can do it.

I do hope the housekeeping will be kept on, from what I have seen from youtube, that has been
    the highlights of his shows.

There can't be a whole lot that will be new on it and surely Garth knows that. I bet it is a customer friendly package of some sort with the album and something else. Dare we say, another opportunity to push his numbers more since his new stuff hasn't sold like his old stuff??

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    There can't be a whole lot that will be new on it and surely Garth knows that. I bet it is a customer friendly package of some sort with the album and something else. Dare we say, another opportunity to push his numbers more since his new stuff hasn't sold like his old stuff??
    I think part of the reason the new stuff hasnt sold is too many different packages. A bit confusing for people. He should just release one version, and no boxset.

I could honestly see any of these as options, but I surely hope he doesn't do multiple retail exclusives. I'm still surprised he did the "Gunsligner" Target only tracks. That's not like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I think it will be the same format as double live, every song will be from a different show. I just hope he doesnt do what he did
    last time, I think he said he used crowd from one show and put it to the vocals of another show.

Also, I hope he doesnt have a cover where he is standing with a bunch of flags from around the world of places that he didnt tour.

Still so much looking forward to it, of course it will have all his classics, plus his new stuff, the Housekeeping would be incredible if he
    includes it. In fact that will blow me away, fingers and toes crossed.

Heck if it is three discs, that may mean 30 songs at least.

Hopefully it will be a standalone, but Im kinda guessing there might be...

1: A version with two exclusive songs if you buy it from amazon.
    2: A Target/Walmart version that has one added song, but not the two from amazon.
    3: A version included with a album from Trisha, that includes the duets.
    4: A version in a box set that includes his previous cd's
    5: A version with a DVD of Vegas and Newyork.
    6: A version with a song that is only on the first half a million sold.

I don't know. Michael Buble does things like that. He had a Fan Club version, a Starbucks version, a Target version and he usually does a tour version. I think Garth will figure out something. I think maybe do like he did with Double Live. Have several; different covers and first edition and those who only want the music can buy 1 copy and be happy they have the music and those who collect can try and get the different covers and be happy. I had fun collecting all the covers. I am only missing a copy of Off Stage that was in the Boxed Set. I will find a copy. LOL. But that is what makes collecting fun.

I actually got the Offstage version which is the one I wanted

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I don't know. Michael Buble does things like that. He had a Fan Club version, a Starbucks version, a Target version and he usually does a tour version. I think Garth will figure out something. I think maybe do like he did with Double Live. Have several; different covers and first edition and those who only want the music can buy 1 copy and be happy they have the music and those who collect can try and get the different covers and be happy. I had fun collecting all the covers. I am only missing a copy of Off Stage that was in the Boxed Set. I will find a copy. LOL. But that is what makes collecting fun.

I have one copy in the Boxed set but I need a copy for my individual collection. Don't ask me how many Boxed sets I bought...LOL. A lot of people got copies. This is my non Boxed set list of Double Live.
    DOUBLE LIVE
    Double Live First Edition
    Double Live Canadian First Edition
    Reunion Arena 1991
    Reunion Arena 1991
    Texas Stadium 1993
    Texas Stadium 1993
    World Tour I 1993-94
    World Tour I 1993-94
    World Tour II 1996-98
    World Tour II 1996-98
    Dublin 1997
    Dublin 1997
    Central Park 1997
    Central Park 1997
    Central Park 1997
    USS Enterprise 2001
    USS Enterprise 2001
    The Last Show
    The Last Show
    Off Stage
    Double Live 25
    Double Live 25
    I hope he releases a new cover of DL before he releases the new Live Album. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I have one copy in the Boxed set but I need a copy for my individual collection. Don't ask me how many Boxed sets I bought...LOL. A lot of people got copies. This is my non Boxed set list of Double Live.
    DOUBLE LIVE
    Double Live Canadian First Edition
    Reunion Arena 1991
    Reunion Arena 1991
    Texas Stadium 1993
    Texas Stadium 1993
    World Tour I 1993-94
    World Tour I 1993-94
    World Tour II 1996-98
    World Tour II 1996-98
    Dublin 1997
    Dublin 1997
    Central Park 1997
    Central Park 1997
    Central Park 1997
    USS Enterprise 2001
    USS Enterprise 2001
    The Last Show
    The Last Show
    Off Stage
    Double Live 25
    Double Live 25
    I hope he releases a new cover of DL before he releases the new Live Album. :-)
    And I thought I was nuts having all 11 covers. Ha!

I'm afraid the next exclusive release will be sold via Amazon or Cracker Barrel lol, no way Target gets back into the Garth business if he demands they buy 1,000,000 copies of his new release considering I can buy the TEN DISC box for less than $9 shipped. Great deal for GB and the fans but I'm sure they got screwed on that deal.

Love Amazon, so I'm excited to see more exclusives from them beyond streaming rights. I've yet to bother buying the physical copy of Gungslinger since I got it in the box and digital bundle. I'd like to see some digital exclusives on a new live album. Maybe certain tracks if you buy the digital copy that you can't get from streaming on Amazon Music Unlimited.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    ya know if there are legit / decent exclusives to amazon in a physical capacity- I'll def. buy.. (having a prime membership helps..) not into amazon music though I prefer my iTunes and Apple Music selections.. (still think Garth's pig headed in that area but that's old news)

I must admit, as busy as this summer is, it's fun to read the speculation on PG by some about all things Garth... some of it's wild
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I believe he will have all of the "old stuff" in his concerts recorded again and they will sound better than ever. I remember his shows in the 90's and people weren't singing every word to every song like they do now.
    Like many have already stated, I also hope he doesn't tinker with the songs. I want to hear the songs live as is in their true concert form. I expect 3 discs of live songs.
    "Just keep taking chances and having fun."

+ Reply to Thread