+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mysterious Pre Sale

Mysterious Pre Sale

Talked to TeamGarth today and asked about the mysterious "Garth Brooks Pre-sale"... They said they will ask GB himself on "Inside Studio G" on Monday night.
    (From Garth Brooks Believers Facebook)

Been asking this in tour forum and no one has replied. Glad to hear this. Thanks

Pre Sale????

Isnt a pre sale just for elite members of ticketmaster, they have first choice.

We always have that here, ticketmaster do most concerts, if tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, on the thursday there is a Pre Sale for members of Ticketmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Talked to TeamGarth today and asked about the mysterious "Garth Brooks Pre-sale"... They said they will ask GB himself on "Inside Studio G" on Monday night.
    (From Garth Brooks Believers Facebook)
    Who is "team garth"??

Ive sween the facebook group, "Garth Brooks Believers" are they just another fan based Garth Broooks site?

I don't know much about them, I follow on Facebook, but they have lots of info before hand and Team Garth is people who work for Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I don't know much about them, I follow on Facebook, but they have lots of info before hand and Team Garth is people who work for Garth.
    They talked to team garth? ? they work for garth??? Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Pre Sale????

Isnt a pre sale just for elite members of ticketmaster, they have first choice.

We always have that here, ticketmaster do most concerts, if tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, on the thursday there is a Pre Sale for members of Ticketmaster.
    As far as I know there aren't any "elite members of Ticketmaster". A presale usually is a fan club member presale, maybe a sale using a particular credit card which may be a co-sponser of the tour or even a presale put on by the venue (and if you are on their e-mail list you get the code). Sometimes there might be a radio presale specifically for media, but even then the station often makes that code available to listeners. Point being, there usually is no big mystery. Normally it's clear who has access. I play the presale game all the time and am usually able to get tickets ahead of general public. It's just knowing how it works. Why this is so mysterious is Garth usually does not do any presales of any kind. Normally all his tickets go on sale at once. This is a unique situation and I'm very interested to see what this is. I'm also hoping that $250 is a VIP or PSL (Falcons season ticket holder) special. Really hope that's not price since normally his tickets are $80 in arenas.

I too would love to know more details ahead of the on sale date.

They talked to team garth? ? they work for garth??? Cool.
    No, "Garth Brooks Believers" do not work for Garth. That is just one of many Garth Brooks groups that are on Facebook run by fans of Garth. Any group making people think that they have an "in" with Garth are just trying to put something over on the fans and/or make themselves look important.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Who is "team garth"??

Ive sween the facebook group, "Garth Brooks Believers" are they just another fan based Garth Broooks site?
    They are, in fact, a fan-based GB site but - I believe that they also used to put out a small magazine years ago titled "Believer Magazine" (don't quote me on that - I may be incorrect about that).

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    No, "Garth Brooks Believers" do not work for Garth. That is just one of many Garth Brooks groups that are on Facebook run by fans of Garth. Any group making people think that they have an "in" with Garth are just trying to put something over on the fans and/or make themselves look important.

Paula
    Paula,

Brett has his "teams" mixed up - he thought you were referring to "Garth Brooks Believers" - not "Team Garth" - "Garth Brooks Believers" was at one time a fairly large fan based group that put out a magazine, I believe.
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 06-25-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Please delete. Double post.
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 06-25-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Believers was a magazine from early fanclub days, that some fans try to use it in their fan sites now on the internet... I think people are getting confused about the post, I think they saw it on the GB Believers fb about someone talking to Team Garth about the pre-sale, and they said they will talk about it Monday.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    They are, in fact, a fan-based GB site but - I believe that they also used to put out a small magazine years ago titled "Believer Magazine" (don't quote me on that - I may be incorrect about that).

Paula,

Brett has his "teams" mixed up - he thought you were referring to "Garth Brooks Believers" - not "Team Garth" - "Garth Brooks Believers" was at one time a fairly large fan based group that put out a magazine, I believe.
    The believer Magazine was from Garth's fan club before it was disbanded....

I'd have to read more on the original post(s) on FB but I don't know that I've ever read anything that would indicate they were saying they were 'connected' to garth... ..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Thank you for all the explantations. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post

Paula,

The Believer Magazine was put out quarterly by Garth's team at the time after the fan club was disbanded in the early 90's (and has NO connection at all to the Garth Brooks Believers Facebook page, which is run by a fan who used to be a member here at PG and who also administers another Garth Brooks Facebook group). The first Believer magazine was issued in early 1992, and the last issue was published in the fall of 1998. Team Garth is definitely affiliated with Garth and includes several people, including Bryan ("Hashtag") and Sam, who are present during ISG on Monday nights.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

The Presale is live right now! But I don't have a code and no other info except it's up on Ticketmaster...

Same here I have looked everywhere to try and find the code. No luck whatsoever.

I know someone mentioned the top $250 price, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the big surprise, that the ticket prices are completely staggered, unlike his normal flat $65/ticket plus fees. That will put you in the 300 level, a mile from the stage I'm guessing. Those prices look quite real. $179-$250 plus fees, or roughly $200-$280/ticket, to sit on the Floor. For slightly more than that, you can see 4 Shows somewhere else.

Discouraging to see that Garth obviously caved on his long time principal of not gouging the fans. I know it's for the opening of the new stadium, but even so, it's pretty ridiculous.

Perhaps he's a big deal in Atlanta, but I don't see how those prices will hold on the secondary market, especially if they end up adding a 2nd show. I advise anyone here buying tickets, to be extra careful. He barely sold out 2 nights @ Yankee Stadium, and that was with a flat $65 ticket price. Just my opinion, but I think except for all but the best of the best seats, the resale market is going to be a buyer's goldmine, and those $59 seats in the 300 level, will be going for half that.

The only hesitation I would have on making this guarantee is if there are slow sales, and this show does not sell out, meaning no 2nd show, then the prices may stay more level. But let's be realistic, the 1st show will sell out, and the 2nd is going to result in too many tickets out there for the market to sustain the high prices. So if I were interested in going to this show, I'd wait to rush out and buy tickets. I honestly don't think they're going to be impossible to come by, even if the 1st show is a relatively fast sell out.

I think they have a home game Sunday, so I think a second show is unlikely, I just glaced at the schedule and might have read it wrong. Since they asked him to play there, maybe they set the prices, not Garth, someone has to pay for that billion dollar stadium.

So how did the pre sale go? Did tickets go fast?

I don't know how it sold or how the system worked but there were tickets for the field and stands left when I looked yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I think they have a home game Sunday, so I think a second show is unlikely, I just glaced at the schedule and might have read it wrong. Since they asked him to play there, maybe they set the prices, not Garth, someone has to pay for that billion dollar stadium.
    They would have approx. 35 hours to turn the stadium around. That does not seem impossible, but I honestly have no idea whether they need time to groom the field itself. Cleaning the rest of stadium will not be a big deal, they'll have to do that between the 1st & 2nd show, if there is one.

There is a certain amount of desire to be at the Opening Night of a stadium/arena, so that alone will drive demand, and probably keep prices for the Thursday show a little higher. It could be a 2nd show that suffers in terms of not being able to sell out. The wild card is that people want to see the building in person, but I still think all but the best seats will come down in price. Being as it's brand new, it's hard to know what the views are from high up, but that is the risk you will take with the under $100 tickets. If you're willing to pay an amount that would allow you to see 2-4 arena shows, and can get a better seat, you are getting a better value than paying around $100 and sitting in the nosebleeds.

The field would obviously be the first concern. I haven't heard if its turf or grass...

I received an email this morning from Coca-Cola. Presale at 10am EST is through them. They will email me a link and password at 10am. I am a member of my Coke rewards program and get their emails. If you sign up this morning you might get an email too. Www.coke.com.
    Part I'm nervous about is this email was sent out at 10am yesterday. Hope there's not a delay this morning.

+ Reply to Thread