+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth's tour at 5.5 Million Tickets Sold

Garth's tour at 5.5 Million Tickets Sold

Over at the Garth sells out in 30 seconds thread.

It says Garth has now sold 5.5 Million tickets on his world tour.

I think my Theory is right.

Garth wants U2's record which is 7.2 Million.

So he is 1.2 Million tickets off the uhm "World Record"

I think he will start playing a handful of Stadium shows to get there.

I also think that is the Main if not sole reason he is not packing his bags
    and touring Europe, he can only get the record by playing in his biggest markets.
    (We know Ireland is off the table)

Again thats my theory and Imthink I'm right on this right on this one.

If Garth had already gotten the record or was nowhere near it, he would be touring overseas
    without a doubt.

Opps bad math.

1.7 million tickets off U2's record.

I like your thinking. Stadium shows would be great especially in areas he hasn't visited or close to areas he already did. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I like your thinking. Stadium shows would be great especially in areas he hasn't visited or close to areas he already did. :-)
    Yep I think we will see a few big stadium's to get him over the mark.

I know he doesnt want to go back to Ireland, but if he was to play Wembley, (London) Im sure he would sell that two or three times over, Not because people in england like him in droves, but the number of people in Ireland that would buy tickets.

I don't see how stadiums necessarily get him there any faster. If he plays a stadium, it's in substitute for arena shows. He's still dealing with the same limited ticket buyer base. In fact, he might actually sell less tickets with stadiums, since it cuts down on repeat attendees. Those who went to 2 Yankee Stadium shows may have gone to multiple arena shows, and the result would be at least the same amount of tickets sold. He would, however, play less dates. Instead of 2 weekends & 6 shows in NYC, he only had to do 1 weekend & 2 shows.

Honestly, I don't see how he gets to the record just playing through early December in the U.S. He has to sell about 1/3rd of what he's sold so far, and he's been playing since 2014. He said they're down to perhaps 5 or 6 more U.S. cities, and he's not going to sell 300K in each city, there's just no way.

The only way he beats the record is with some stadium shows in Europe.

Good points. The whole thing is time. One staidum show takes one day and he gets to move on to the next city. He can fit in more cities. I dont see him touring after december. So hes going to have to have a huge late run of big shows. I think from day one he was after the record.

And people from all over Europe would come to see him in London!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

I know he doesnt want to go back to Ireland, but if he was to play Wembley, (London) Im sure he would sell that two or three times over, Not because people in england like him in droves, but the number of people in Ireland that would buy tickets.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Yep I think we will see a few big stadium's to get him over the mark.

Didn't he say he wanted to come back in one of his studio g. He sold 400,000 tickets over 5 nights the last time. He can't do that in America or maybe he can if he played stadiums. But it's almost half a million tickets and Ireland has his biggest fan base outside of America. He definitely come back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Didn't he say he wanted to come back in one of his studio g. He sold 400,000 tickets over 5 nights the last time. He can't do that in America or maybe he can if he played stadiums. But it's almost half a million tickets and Ireland has his biggest fan base outside of America. He definitely come back.
    Now that I think about it, I think your probably right about him wanting to go back to Ireland, Ireland certainly has his biggest fanbase, I guess though he wouldnt want to go thru the same thing again.

Wembly would be the best choice, a massive historical venue, Irish people would snap up so many tickets that he would do multiple concerts, and people from around Europe would go.

Anyway thats living in a dream world, he will do the states till December and then put his feet up I think.

Sad, because he is missing a mammoth opportunity, any huge stadium in Ireland or a country near Ireland in Europe, and he would sell a ton. Heck 90% of people in a wembly concert would be from Ireland.

Now that I think about it, I think your probably right about him wanting to go back to Ireland, Ireland certainly has his biggest fanbase, I guess though he wouldnt want to go thru the same thing again.

Wembly would be the best choice, a massive historical venue, Irish people would snap up so many tickets that he would do multiple concerts, and people from around Europe would go.

Anyway thats living in a dream world, he will do the states till December and then put his feet up I think.

Sad, because he is missing a mammoth opportunity, any huge stadium in Ireland or a country near Ireland in Europe, and he would sell a ton. Heck 90% of people in a wembly concert would be from Ireland.
    Lol, with the accommodation costs in Dublin, I think a trip to London would be much the same. I'll go wherever Garth plays.

I have a friend who works with one of Ireland's Biggest Promoters in Ireland, Not Aiken - The other one! and they has told me that at least one stadium show in Ireland next year will happen.

If you think about it, Garth seems to love opening new stadiums, those Pairc Ui Caoimh rumours have been from more than one source, I think that is a given. I also think he will do at least one other stadium show here, probably Dublin! I remember a couple of weeks ago he said that 2018 is about handpicking the places he wants to play including festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    I have a friend who works with one of Ireland's Biggest Promoters in Ireland, Not Aiken - The other one! and they has told me that at least one stadium show in Ireland next year will happen.

If you think about it, Garth seems to love opening new stadiums, those Pairc Ui Caoimh rumours have been from more than one source, I think that is a given. I also think he will do at least one other stadium show here, probably Dublin! I remember a couple of weeks ago he said that 2018 is about handpicking the places he wants to play including festivals.
    Yep, I have also heard that there is a definite concert for the new stadium in Cork for next May. I'm hoping it's Garth, it makes sense as well because he'll be finished in America. If it's him, we'll hear before the end of the year.

Yep, I have also heard that there is a definite concert for the new stadium in Cork for next May. I'm hoping it's Garth, it makes sense as well because he'll be finished in America. If it's him, we'll hear before the end of the year.

He'll be done with the Houston Livestock show and anything he does with MLB Spring Training by May. Makes sense!

Is the 5,5 million figure including or excluding the Dublin shows and the Florida shows that were cancelled? I haven't bothered to do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by gbfevernorway View Post
    Is the 5,5 million figure including or excluding the Dublin shows and the Florida shows that were cancelled? I haven't bothered to do the math.
    I think he's counting the Dublin concerts. I'm not sure about Tampa because it's not on his website with the rest of the American cities. So far to date he has played 335 concerts in 68 cities. I'm not sure how they're counting tickets but with an average attendance of 15000, it brings his numbers up to 5,025,000. I didn't include New York in my figure as that obviously had more tickets sold which over the two nights would be around 100000, so total figure would be around 5,125,000. So I'm not sure where the other 400000 is missing in my calculation but it's funny how Dublin sold that many.

Turns out the definite concert for the new stadium in Cork next May is Ed Sheeran. It's OK we'll just tell country boys to f off and let the same people play every summer.

+ Reply to Thread