+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: G-alert: Garth's major annoucement thursday

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I can't make it out. If it says @ BOS. Does that mean that they're playing elsewhere for example at Boston.

If it says VS PHI, does that mean they're playing in Nashville.

Or are they playing all those dates. Sorry for the stupid question, I don't follow American sport, and don't understand how it's all laid out.
    If it says @, then it's an Away (Out Of Town) game.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    If it says @, then it's an Away (Out Of Town) game.
    Great, thanks.

There seems to be a break in Bridgestone Arena from Thurs 23 of November to Monday 27 of November... Or he could play in Nashville in September.

Another possibility is Friday the 3rd and Saturday the 4th of November with the Thursday and Sunday free as well. It seems to be free from Sunday Oct 29 to Fri 10th of November.

That Arena in Atlanta looks really cool!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

I'm still finding it strange how there's nothing going on in the Bridgestone Arena in September. Just one date is booked up with a concert. If I had to put money on it, I think this might be the most likely time Garth will play. I guess we'll know in about a month's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowland_Kid View Post
    That Arena in Atlanta looks really cool!
    Very impressive indeed. hats off to the people who designed it.

There seems to be a break in Bridgestone Arena from Thurs 23 of November to Monday 27 of November... Or he could play in Nashville in September.
    That's Thanksgiving weekend. Would be shocked if he played then.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    That's Thanksgiving weekend. Would be shocked if he played then.
    Didn't think of that. So it's only September or the first week in November.

I've been thinking of all the "big" announcements from the past compared to the recent announcements. I remember the Wynn announcement and how huge that was. Also the press conference about him coming out of retirement and talk of new music with MAM. The last several announcements have just been underwhelming. Maybe as Garth fans we're spoiled. I realize every announcement can't be a Central Park or new music.

I've been thinking, Garth does so much bull ****ting that I'm not sure about holding out for the Nashville announcement. I have holidays to take and I'm saving them for a Garth holiday, hopefully in Nashville sometime this year. But is it really sometime this year? He could continue on playing until the Rodeo Houston. Will it really be the last City?

I've been thinking, Garth does so much bull ****ting that I'm not sure about holding out for the Nashville announcement. I have holidays to take and I'm saving them for a Garth holiday, hopefully in Nashville sometime this year. But is it really sometime this year? He could continue on playing until the Rodeo Houston. Will it really be the last City?
    I'd say there is no chance of that happening. Nashville is going to be this year, and the official tour will be over by December. Rodeo Houston is completely separate, not part of the tour. September still looks like a good possibility for Nashville, but we're still not inside that 2 month window Garth works off of. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the next announcement, although maybe not until after the Atlanta onsale, so as not to take any of those sales away.

OK, so the 8th Wonder of the World is indeed a stadium.

He calls it both "an hostoric event", and "an an historic weekend", as far as I can tell. Thursday is not a part of the weekend, hence he is planning to play more than one night. The market should be there for a lot more than 70 000 tickets, as he sold a lot more than that in 2014 in Atlanta.

It also seems like he is putting the Dublin stage to good use. He used it on Yankee Stadium, and I'm sure he will be using parts of it for this show too.

I think he will be doing more stadiums, because he wants to break U2's record, and he wont be able to
    do it by playing arenas. I also think that is the reason he didnt play overseas on this tour.

I think if he was nowhere near U2's record, or way past it, he wouldve been overseas by now.

Kinda sad to go back and watch various different interviews from 2014/2015/2016, where he says he wants to
    play Russia, France, Asia, and go back to Germany, Australia and New Zealand.

I think its soley the numbers that have made the decision for him (and not numbers in terms of begin viable financially, but in terms of the record number of tickets sold)

We will be seeing a lot more stadium shows, before his tour ends in December, I would say, cuz its the
    only way he can get the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I think he will be doing more stadiums, because he wants to break U2's record, and he wont be able to
    do it by playing arenas. I also think that is the reason he didnt play overseas on this tour.

I think if he was nowhere near U2's record, or way past it, he wouldve been overseas by now.

Kinda sad to go back and watch various different interviews from 2014/2015/2016, where he says he wants to
    play Russia, France, Asia, and go back to Germany, Australia and New Zealand.

I think its soley the numbers that have made the decision for him (and not numbers in terms of begin viable financially, but in terms of the record number of tickets sold)

We will be seeing a lot more stadium shows, before his tour ends in December, I would say, cuz its the
    only way he can get the record.

I don't know. He keeps saying the North American leg of the tour. I think there is still hope for those outside of the U.S. Maybe he just hasn't committed to any firm dates or venues oversees yet.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I don't know. He keeps saying the North American leg of the tour. I think there is still hope for those outside of the U.S. Maybe he just hasn't committed to any firm dates or venues oversees yet.
    I wish this was the case, I still dont see, I think he will end up just doing the states, having been happy that he has one of the biggest tours in History.

Hope Im wrong.

+ Reply to Thread