+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth in Paso Robles

Garth in Paso Robles

Garth Brooks is making one more stop in California in between his Los Angeles shows. He will be appearing at the California Mid-State Fair in Paso Robles on Thursday, July 27, at 7:30pm at the Chumash Grandstand Arena. Tickets go on sale at 10am Pacific time on Friday, June 23, at http://www.ticketmaster.com/garthbrooks or by calling 1-800-745-3000 or Ticketmaster Express at 1-866-448-7849. #GARTHinPASOROBLES

More information on the California Mid-State Fair, which runs from July 19-30, can be found at https://www.midstatefair.com/fair/

https://www.facebook.com/planetgarth...type=3&theater
    Attached Images

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I just published an article, too.

https://themusicuniverse.com/garth-b...ir-appearance/

My neighborhood. I am in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by themusicuni View Post
    A testing ground for festivals???

Again, if Garth is going to do the festival route, it better be a full set.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

I hate to say it, but if anything gets shortened, it will be the cleaning house segment.

I'm sure he won't remove core songs from his set, like Rodeo, Beaches Of C, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

He mentioned the festival thing, so it's just my prediction that's what this is.

Got my ticket

Have to travel to this show. I booked a room as soon as I heard about it, but going depended on the seat I was able to get. I'm in Section 500, row B-that works for me!! Thank you Ticketmaster Express!! (the online ones weren't nearly as good) Can't WAIT to see Garth again!

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Wow-30 seconds!!! That's incredible. Glad you were able to get tickets as well.

He just said he owes the Fair a show and they are working on logistics.

I just saw that. I'd be ok with 2 shows that night.

Another show added

I just received an email that Garth added another Mid State Fair show. 10:30pm on the same date. I'm going to try to get a ticket to that show as well, since I'll be there anyhow. Tickets go on sale at 12pm PT this Thursday. Good luck everyone.

10:30 show

I think I did even better seatwise for the 10:30 show. Section 601, row CCC. Gotta be close to the front.

Hey CrazyCAgirl, maybe see you tomorrow. Should be a great show. :-)

Hey gbkubfan! I'm on my way-by Amtrak. So excited for tonight! Will be tired tomorrow, but it'll be worth it. I'm in section 503, row B, seat 9 if you want to say hi.
    Last edited by crazyCAgirl; 07-27-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Cool. I am one section over. I will have a Garth shirt on (of course) but it is an oldie from the last world tour. :-)

Cool. Would be fun to meet someone from PG. I brought a couple to choose from, but I'll most likely be wearing my VERY old Believers shirt.

Sorry I didn't get to see you. I was actually in 506 on the other side and I was using my cane and had trouble moving around. The show was awesome even though I had to sit down for a lot of it. But it was great he played till 10ish. I was so sure they would have cut it off at 930. Way crowded but at least I had an end seat. Going to post my few photos on Facebook tomorrow. My ride just dropped me off. I stopped by to buy the Tribune newspaper because it had a couple Garth stories in it. I am tired, have a doctor's appoint,ment tomorrow. Hope you had fun at the second show. My friend went so I will compare notes with her tomorrow. Have a safe trip home and maybe Garth had fun and will do it again next year. :-) PS My friend had never heard Ask Me How I Know and he liked it. He was almost disappointed since Garth waited until the encore to do Calling Baton Rouge. Next time I go I am making a sign for The Red strokes and I liked he did Mr. Right Now.

Sorry I missed you, too. This was not a good night for me. They changed my seat-I'm assuming because of the stage extensions, claiming I was getting an upgrade. My new seat sucked. Most of the time I couldn't see him-even on the screens. Could have done without the extensions for the amount of time he spent on them. (at least on my side) Wasn't impressed with the watered-down version of his regular show

I then stood in line for an hour or more to get into the 10:30 show. I don't think he came onstage until 12:00. I was done. My legs hurt so bad from standing all that time, and people in the seats around me were drunk, and pushy. I stayed for a few songs, but had no desire to fight the crowd for UBER back to my hotel, so I left.

I think if he does future fairs, he should charge less, as these were not $80.00 shows. Probably my worst concert experience ever-Garth or otherwise. I won't pay or travel to see him at a fair again.

Dang. How come so long. They herded us out of the venue pretty quick. I was surprised to hear on the radio that it didn't start till 12. They didn't say why. I enjoyed it except for everyone standing up. Garth came by us a few times at the end of the runway thing. So i got a couple of good photos. My medical problems popped up and between my COPD and nerve damage in legs, I sat for a lot of the concert. I agree he needs to Garth his approach to fair shows. Conessions were few and I think he had only two spots selling merchandise. I went to buy a couple more things after the show and the souviners were closed. With him starting second show so late he should have left the shirts and stuff up and he would have probably made a killing. The screens sucked. I could barely see them because of the way they were set up. I could see things ok if I stood up but nothing when seated unless I craned my head in wierd positions. I am sorry your experince wasn't great. Hope you got home safe. :-)

Article on Fair and Garth's impact. He helped set many records.

California Mid-State Fair wraps up, breaks multiple records
    Posted: Jul 30, 2017 6:22 PM PST
    Updated: Jul 30, 2017 6:22 PM PST
    By Alexa Bertola
    Connect

The California Mid-State Fair in Paso Robles will wrap up its twelve-day run Sunday at midnight.

While the official numbers haven't been crunched as far as attendance goes, fair CEO, Michael Bradley says overall-- food, beverage, and concert sales are expected to be better than last year.

"I have to say my favorite part was the turkey races which was the first time I've seen them. They were really cute," said Christina Connolly.

"The fair food is obviously amazing," said Nicole Danks.

"I've been coming to the fair since I was 5 years old," Jose Perez added.

Stephanie Rodriguez of Templeton has also been coming to the Mid-State Fair since she can remember. But this year...

"The amusement area is a lot better. Better rides, just cleaner, more family friendly a lot more shade and seating areas," Rodriguez said.

Entertainment was also stepped up in a big way.

When asked if there was something new this year that was a big success... "Well, he has one name doesn't he? His name is Garth," Bradley said.

Garth Brooks took center stage of the Grandstand arena-- not once, but twice in one night to sold-out crowds, breaking multiple records.

Fair officials say of the 28,874 concert ticket-holders for that day, concert goers came from 40 different states. Some traveled as far away as Florida, North Carolina... and even Canada. The double sell out also set a record for total number of concert tickets sold in a single season at the fair.

Food sales were up 140-percent compared to the same day the year prior. And, if that's not enough--- an all time beer record was set with 411 kegs of beer consumed on July 27th.

"So that was extraordinary, to have him come to Paso, to be with us," Bradley said.

The California Mid-State Fair went off without a hitch. Its slogan, "America's Favorite Fair" holds true for many.

"I make it a tradition to come every year," Rodriguez concluded.

Another interesting fact-- festivities on Garth Brooks day led to the single largest trash haul away day in the history of the Mid-State Fair... with ten yards of trash.

Fair officials add that overall attendance numbers will be released later this week.

Does anyone know the set list for these shows? I'm curious as to how he changed it up, and if he left out some, and which, of his regular songs. Thanks!

Does anyone have setlist???
    Matt
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"-GB

+ Reply to Thread