+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Studio G: June 19th 2017

Studio G: June 19th 2017

Hope its a good one.

Been told by that aussie radio station, that they are going to try and contact Garth via studio G, and theyre going to do it in a way,
    where the question cant ignored.

The thing is, if Garth isn't ready to announce stops in Australia yet (if they are happening), then he likely will ignore the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    The thing is, if Garth isn't ready to announce stops in Australia yet (if they are happening), then he likely will ignore the question.
    I think they just want the communication, they know he wont give an answer, after three months of silence, they just want to start up a dialogue again.

If there is one thing I know about Garth and his team, if they don't want to talk about something, they won't. When I met him, he spoke about the Ireland debacle but I still got the feeling that he didn't want to really dig too deep. I think it's probably the same about Australia, it looks to me like he had planned to tour further afield but there has been a u-turn since, he will avoid any questions he doesn't want to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    If there is one thing I know about Garth and his team, if they don't want to talk about something, they won't. When I met him, he spoke about the Ireland debacle but I still got the feeling that he didn't want to really dig too deep. I think it's probably the same about Australia, it looks to me like he had planned to tour further afield but there has been a u-turn since, he will avoid any questions he doesn't want to answer.
    I undertsand that, although in the other thread it was clear the radio station was so frustrated having been told by Bob Doyle that he will be in contact shortly, and its been three months and he not
    only never got back, but wont answer calls, and have cut off all communications. I think they would be fine if Bob Doyle/ Garth tells them, nope we are not touring Australia/NewZealand, or even say
    "We dont know yet" or even "We cant say at this moment" but to go silent is horrible. I can guarantee you, Garth wouldnt treat a major US radio station like this.

Again Im not from Australia, Im from New Zealand, and I can understand why he wouldnt come here because he doesnt have a huge base. But the treatment of this station in wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I undertsand that, although in the other thread it was clear the radio station was so frustrated having been told by Bob Doyle that he will be in contact shortly, and its been three months and he not
    only never got back, but wont answer calls, and have cut off all communications. I think they would be fine if Bob Doyle/ Garth tells them, nope we are not touring Australia/NewZealand, or even say
    "We dont know yet" or even "We cant say at this moment" but to go silent is horrible. I can guarantee you, Garth wouldnt treat a major US radio station like this.

Again Im not from Australia, Im from New Zealand, and I can understand why he wouldnt come here because he doesnt have a huge base. But the treatment of this station in wrong.
    If he does hit New Zealand, I'll be making the trip - it's top of my bucket list, a Garth concert there would be the perfect excuse! Like I said before, if I was to make a prediction now for 2018, I think we will see 2 or 3 stadium shows in Ireland and some other "hand picked" cities & festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    If he does hit New Zealand, I'll be making the trip - it's top of my bucket list, a Garth concert there would be the perfect excuse! Like I said before, if I was to make a prediction now for 2018, I think we will see 2 or 3 stadium shows in Ireland and some other "hand picked" cities & festivals.
    "Mission Bay" would be the best for Garth Brooks if he came here. Dixie Chicks played it, they got 25 thousand.

Our other festivals are mainly hard out rock, or hip hop ones.

The only country one we have is really really small.

Hopefully he will do Mission Bay or maybe an actual concert, we have one decent indoor arena and a couple of stadiums here, he could do.

Well then, well well well.

I think in another life, Garth may of been the guy at the circus who would sell you the brooklyn bridge.

So Studio G today.

As some predicted here, he didnt answer the Australian Radio station question.

he did answer a question from a guy who asked...

Are you coming to Spokane or Seattle?

he replied....

Am I coming to Spokane and Seattle, thats two questions, then he gave a sort of wink and smile.

He suggested that he was, without saying it.

He was asked how many cities are left, he replied something along the line of

"I think we are down to our last ten on our tour, in america then i will ask Trisha what she wants to do"

He talked of the one off concert in Calfornia.

Then he mentioned the G ALERT!!! This will only happen about three times a year he said, you will receive a G alert on social media, it will take
    you to a live video and will only be used for big special announcements, it will be rare.

The first one may be just maybe coming thursday, but wait and see, if you love music you will love this, he said.

So basically Studio G said a lot but nothing really.

If this announcement idoesnt happen or is small, I think I will still download Garth's music when his live album comes out, but
    it wont be from amazon, or maybe it will, perhaps i have to ask someone to see, i will let you know. you guys are all so sweet.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-19-2017 at 07:43 PM.

then i will ask Trisha what she wants to do"
    This is the crux of the future planning; Trisha has been offered Broadway roles, which she turned down in order to not be away from Garth and the girls. He wants to be fair to her career as she's given up a lot for his.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

He said something like they're calling what's being announced Thursday the 8th wonder of the world because it's pretty huge. Could that be the 8th diamond? Hope it's something new..

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    He said something like they're calling what's being announced Thursday the 8th wonder of the world because it's pretty huge. Could that be the 8th diamond? Hope it's something new..
    It better not be just a f***** Diamond award.

Because that would really really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    This is the crux of the future planning; Trisha has been offered Broadway roles, which she turned down in order to not be away from Garth and the girls. He wants to be fair to her career as she's given up a lot for his.
    Well he should come out and say that, and not a tease world tour. Hell its like 96-98 all over again.

Well he should come out and say that, and not a tease world tour. Hell its like 96-98 all over again.
    It sounds as if he's going to be blaming Trisha and her work for not touring outside of America.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    It sounds as if he's going to be blaming Trisha and her work for not touring outside of America.
    Im sorry but thats a cop out completely, that is in fact taking the P*ss out of his foreign fans, that is showing contempt for his overseas fans.

He should just be honest and say "I dont have the numbers to justify touring outside of North America (apart from Ireland) he shouldnt called this
    a world tour in the first place, I dont think he ever intended to tour outside North America (again apart from Ireland) but knew it was great
    marketing to call it a WORLD TOUR.

Im sorry it simply unfair to his overseas fans. I remember seeing him in Phoenix in 96, buying a "World Tour" tee shirt and seeing the cities listed
    on the back, it had "Tokyo, Berlin, Auckland, Brisbane, London etc etc " and getting excited.

Lets face it, it was just a illusion, because it looks good, Im sure he really had no intention AT ALL of touring those cities.

Just some honesty would be nice from Garth.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-19-2017 at 08:54 PM.

It better not be just a f***** Diamond award.

Because that would really really suck.
    Great response!

An 8th diamond award would be a huge deal. No one else has done that. And to do it in 2017? Very impressive no matter how you look at it. 150 million records would also be a huge deal.

+ Reply to Thread