+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Garth Brooks on 2018 Plans

Is Bob Doyle's still Garth's manager?

The biggest country radio station in Australia, just had a piece on facebook today about Garth coming to Aussie, they talk of their
    frustration, they said they spoke to Garth after his press conference in late March and Garth told him, yes hes in talks with Australia, and it will
    be December 2017 or January 2018, they said they were in email contact with Bob Doyle and promoters.

They said since the press conference in late March, garth's people have not been even returning their emails or calls for an update.

They said they have tried and tried to get an update, but so far nothing.

There is a real frustration going on.

They just seem dissapointed that all communications have been cut off.

As far as I know Bob Doyle is still his manager.

January/February are the best times to tour Australia. Obviously Garth changed his mind yet again, otherwise his people would not be avoiding the Australia promoter's calls. It should be pretty embarrassing when you get called out in public for not returning phone calls like that, but I guess Garth does not mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    January/February are the best times to tour Australia. Obviously Garth changed his mind yet again, otherwise his people would not be avoiding the Australia promoter's calls. It should be pretty embarrassing when you get called out in public for not returning phone calls like that, but I guess Garth does not mind.
    Oh they're NOT tour promoters, they're a radio station, they said they have contacted tour Promoters, but the promoters arent returning calls to do with Garth.

Thats the thing, im not from Aussie, but this station is Australia's biggest country one, and the frustration that they're having, they said the last email contact they had with Bob Doyle was March 23rd, but he hasnt answered any emails since, and his (Bob's) office hasnt returned any of their calls for nearly three months.

They said they will keep trying, but the level of non contact is leaving them frustrated.

Again, they're arent a bunch of fanboys who just own a country blog, they're Australia's leading country radio station.

They even had a screen shot up of their email to Bob Doyle(of course they had Bobs emailed blanked out for security)
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-17-2017 at 09:59 PM.

I'd really like him to play Nashville at the end of the year. All he said was that it (the tour) will end around December. Previously he said that Nashville will be the last city but I also remember him saying that he actually doesn't know and they don't tell him anything but it will be one of the last few cities on the tour.

Just looking at the schedule for the Bridgestone Arena, I find it odd how they're still free for all of September except one date.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Previously he said that Nashville will be the last city but I also remember him saying that he actually doesn't know and they don't tell him anything but it will be one of the last few cities on the tour.
    Anyone who believes that "hands-on" Garth does not know, because "they don't tell him anything," needs to contact me, I've got a bridge to sell them.

If anyone knows what the plan is for late 2017 or 2018, it's Garth. He's just not sayin'.

Anyone who believes that "hands-on" Garth does not know, because "they don't tell him anything," needs to contact me, I've got a bridge to sell them.

If anyone knows what the plan is for late 2017 or 2018, it's Garth. He's just not sayin'.
    You're so true. I think he gave of the impression that Nashville won't be the very last city.

I'm kind of hoping what he's been saying that Nashville will be the last city is true. But I'm not quite so sure because of what you said before that more than likely it will be in September because of the sports they play there. September is pretty much free. Is it normal over there to have an arena free with hardly any bookings with two-three months left?

You know what I hope happens this year, I know he kinda made an appearance in the far southeast via New Orleans, but I would love for him to make a return trip to Biloxi and come to the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    You know what I hope happens this year, I know he kinda made an appearance in the far southeast via New Orleans, but I would love for him to make a return trip to Biloxi and come to the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.
    Would be nice but I doubt it. He hasn't played in MS since 1996. That year he played both in Jackson and Biloxi. It doesn't seem like artists want to play here anymore except for Snowden Grove in Southaven.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    You're so true. I think he gave of the impression that Nashville won't be the very last city.

I'm kind of hoping what he's been saying that Nashville will be the last city is true. But I'm not quite so sure because of what you said before that more than likely it will be in September because of the sports they play there. September is pretty much free. Is it normal over there to have an arena free with hardly any bookings with two-three months left?
    Given that there is potential that he'll do 3 weekends in Nashville, then I think it would be September. Certainly the NHL could have been told to block off several weekends in October-December, but it seems more likely they would avoid any problems by scheduling Nashville for September.

Last year, the NHL announced the schedule on June 21. So either by an announcement from Garth, or the NHL schedule, we could know the dates in the next couple of weeks.

Given that there is potential that he'll do 3 weekends in Nashville, then I think it would be September. Certainly the NHL could have been told to block off several weekends in October-December, but it seems more likely they would avoid any problems by scheduling Nashville for September.

Last year, the NHL announced the schedule on June 21. So either by an announcement from Garth, or the NHL schedule, we could know the dates in the next couple of weeks.
    Thanks for this. We should know the NHL schedule this week so.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

how can life be so cruel.

I got my hopes up today only to be dashed.

A major annoucement by our leading tour promoter was going to be on Wednesday New Zealand time. (thursday usa time)

Clues on local radio were, "This guy is the biggest star in the world and hes coming back, he was last in New Zealand
    in the early 90's and hes on a huge world tour, and hes coming to New Zealand and Australia in December"

Then they leaked who it was early, because of a clue on social media.

Its paul McCartney.

For a second, I was so excited.

No other artist will dare tour nz and aussie in December if Paul McCartney is coming.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-19-2017 at 06:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread