+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garth Brooks on 2018 Plans

Garth Brooks on 2018 Plans

AFter December, Hes going to pick and choose the places he will play, he said the good thing
    is that it will be for free. (no touring cost??) (festivals???)

The rest of this year is all tied up till December.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HyKYn7H610
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-11-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Actually glad we have some closure now. He finishes touring the states in december and that's his tour over with. 2018 will see the odd appearance at multi artist festivals. I guess it came down to the numbers.

The same thing sort of happened in 96/98 called it a world tour (apart from Ireland) then didn't tour outside north America.

I think he probably knew from the start of this tour that it would just be
    The. Us and Canada but from a marketing point of view sounds better to
    Say world tour.

I'm guessing now they will stop saying North American LEG of the tour and just
    Say North American tour.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-11-2017 at 08:28 PM.

So..what are the open dates for Bridgestone Arena in December? What few cities will be lucky enough for a tour stop? Will he be able to break U2's attendance record by then?

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    So..what are the open dates for Bridgestone Arena in December? What few cities will be lucky enough for a tour stop? Will he be able to break U2's attendance record by then?
    Not even close to U2's world tour attendance of 7.2 million, which is the largest world tour in history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U2_360%C2%B0_Tour

Just a little conspiracy theory here, perhaps the reason Garth isnt touring the world, he knows he wont Break U2's record, but if he just
    tours the North American, he can break the North American Attendance record??? Not sure what that would be??

I think Prince did 5.6 million, isnt Garth close to 5.5 Million. In fact what are the exact amount of tickets that Garth has sold so far?

I think Garth will end up selling 6 million tickets.

Amazing, really, there is no way I thought he would put up those numbers.

I
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-11-2017 at 11:33 PM.

On the all time list of biggest tours in terms of attendance.

U2 is currently first with 7.2 million tickets sold.
    Rolling Stones is second with 6.3 million tickets sold.
    Pink Floyd is third with 6 million tickets sold.

I may be wrong about Prince, I cant found anyway that he actually sold over 5 million tickets for one of his world tours.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-11-2017 at 11:50 PM.

without digging too deep into the web, the Bridgestone website has only one thing listed, a Thursday night show, Janet Jackson I believe it said. When did he break the 5 million mark? It seems like its been a good while now.

without digging too deep into the web, the Bridgestone website has only one thing listed, a Thursday night show, Janet Jackson I believe it said. When did he break the 5 million mark? It seems like its been a good while now.
    Your right, it seem ages and ages ago. Maybe near the start of the year??

Has he done ten cities since, he seems to be average around 50K tickets a city now?

Im sure there will be a whole run of Nashville concerts to end this thing.

sounds like he'll play some overseas stuff, it just won't be on his dime.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    sounds like he'll play some overseas stuff, it just won't be on his dime.
    Sure looks that way.

I still think we will see some stadium shows in Ireland in 2018. I think alongside this, he will also do some Festival appearances in other European countries.
    Dolly Parton famously played Glastonbury in 2014, could this be a possibility for Garth?

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    I still think we will see some stadium shows in Ireland in 2018. I think alongside this, he will also do some Festival appearances in other European countries.
    Dolly Parton famously played Glastonbury in 2014, could this be a possibility for Garth?
    That would be pretty damn cool.

There's no Glastonbury in 2018, so that can be ruled out.

I guess I should have never hoped for him to do a European part during this World Tour. Kicking myself for thinking there would be. At the same time I hope he will make it to the C2C in London. But as usual, it is wait and see and seeing is believing when it comes to Garth.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

February in Edmonton Canada he broke the 5 million tickets sold mark. So you were​ right Brett! It's been awhile.

He doesn't have to leave America to get his numbers.

If he plans to play any 2018 Festivals in the U.S., I would be surprised if Jazz Fest is not one of them. I could easily see them wanting him, and give him a headline slot on the main stage.

February in Edmonton Canada he broke the 5 million tickets sold mark. So you were​ right Brett! It's been awhile.
    Im guessing hes around or over 5.5 million now.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    If he plans to play any 2018 Festivals in the U.S., I would be surprised if Jazz Fest is not one of them. I could easily see them wanting him, and give him a headline slot on the main stage.
    the one in New Orleans. They usually book blues, jazz and soul artists. They do book some country acts but they really don't look to book mainstream artists that much.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    the one in New Orleans. They usually book blues, jazz and soul artists. They do book some country acts but they really don't look to book mainstream artists that much.
    I'm not sure why you would say they don't book mainstream artists that much. I'd say around half their acts are "mainstream." Here is what their bio says:

NEW ORLEANS JAZZ & HERITAGE FESTIVAL PRESENTED BY SHELL:
    Each year, the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival celebrates the music and culture of New Orleans and Louisiana with the biggest names in rock, blues, jazz, R&B, gospel, Cajun, zydeco, folk, Latin, rap, country, bluegrass and everything in between. Spanning two weekends, the Festival consistently boasts an impressive lineup of artists ranging from seasoned rock legends to gospel groups, pop stars, and indie favorites. Incredible food and crafts from around the region and the world round out the 7-day extravaganza that keeps Jazz Fest an annual can’t-miss destination.

Garth did 4 sold out shows in N.O., and he could get there in about an hour on his private jet. The festival would give him a 1 Hr 45 Min closing slot, which more or less fits his set length. Plus the festival is only Fri-Sun & Thurs-Sun, and it's clear he doesn't mind playing on the weekend.

Garth is not exactly predictable, so who knows what he'll do in 2018. But if he wants to play festivals in the U.S., and he's here in late April/early May, this one seems like a no brainer.

Have you ever been to Jazz Fest? I have many times. They don't invite a lot of mainstream artists period and I don't see Garth going there just because he sold out 4 shows in NO.

No Glastonbury in 2018?? where did you get that information from? Find that hard to believe...

Quote Originally Posted by mvhuenen View Post
    No Glastonbury in 2018?? where did you get that information from? Find that hard to believe...
    The Glastonbury Festival takes a year off every 5 years or so to give the land a chance to recover (it's a working farm most of the year).

2018 is one of these 'fallow years' so the next festival will be 2019.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.u...le-in-october/

e’re very pleased to announce that tickets for Glastonbury Festival 2017 (21st-25th June 2017) will go on sale at the beginning of October. Coach + ticket packages will be sold at 6pm BST on Thursday, 6th October, before general admission tickets go on sale at 9am BST on Sunday, 9th October.

We can also confirm that we will be taking our next fallow year in 2018, in order to give the farm, the village and the Festival team the traditional year off. There are no plans to hold an event at another location in 2018.

As part of our ongoing efforts against ticket touting, anyone who would like to attend next year’s Festival will need to have registered in advance. Registration remains free of charge and only takes a few minutes at www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk. You can also check your existing registration here. Registration will close at 12noon on Monday 3rd October, after which there will be no opportunity to submit/re-submit a registration until after both ticket sales. We strongly advise that you submit your registration well in advance of that deadline.

The ticket price for Glastonbury 2017 will be £238 + £5 booking fee per ticket (children aged 12 and under are admitted free of charge and do not need a ticket). As always, the ticket price includes:

– Entry to the Festival, with over 3,000 acts across more than 100 stages
    – Five nights camping (with no early entry fees)
    – Free programme
    – Free miniguide
    – Free cotton bag
    – Free mobile phone charging
    – Free on-site newspaper
    – Free mobile app
    – Free firewood
    – Kidzfield, where all entertainment, rides and activities are free of charge
    – Support for Oxfam, Greenpeace, Wateraid and hundreds of other worthy causes (£2 million donated in 2015)

Got an email from a country Jounro they were asked about the tour for this year 2017 and when they were playing Nashville and Garth said

"I can't announce that, but it is going to end the tour somewhere around December."

So for Certain, Nashville is the last city and the tour ends in December.

Guessing he will hit the six million mark for tickets sold.

So garth has played 65 cities so far on this tour, three more have been announced so thats 68.

How many will he do??? I know he has said 60, but he has done over that, and he wont get to 100.

70 cities, since he likes the number 7?

You know what's awesome about this thread? At one point we were afraid that something like this would include retirement. Now, that's not even in the discussion. And if we aren't happy with what he does in 2018, we know that there are many more years after it that will have things we are happy about it from him. It's a good time to be a Garth fan!

I found this on Mitch Rossell twitter and thought it was interesting.

A fan asked: @mitch_rossell are you going out on the entire world tour? I debated on getting tix for down in Oklahoma

Mitch responded:
    Yep, far as I know!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    You know what's awesome about this thread? At one point we were afraid that something like this would include retirement. Now, that's not even in the discussion. ..........
    a good point- Or, as Garth's CMA music fest presser said.... "My retiring days are behind me"
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

AWESOME! December works for me! YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Garth said

"I can't announce that, but it is going to end the tour somewhere around December."
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

He's going to be playing two weekends in Nashville. Like it's Nashville and his last city. If that's the case, I don't see him playing after Janet Jackson playing there because Christmas eve would be on the second weekend.

He can end in Nashville at the beginning of December if he plays before her.

+ Reply to Thread