+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Colorado music Hall of Fame Concert

Colorado music Hall of Fame Concert

If you missed the news Garth will be at a concert inducting Joe Walsh into the CMHOF on August 13th in Denver.

Among many other stars as well.

If you want to get tickets I suggest doing so today, as they seem to be selling pretty quickly.

https://www.axs.com/events/337220/th...s-from-tickets

The presale code for today is CMHOF
    The presale code tomorrow is KYGO

Dan Fogelberg

I have a strong feeling Garth will be inducting, and performing in honor of, Dan Fogelberg, who was one of his big writing influences.

I hope he plays "Longer" or "Same Old Lang Syne"

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Ya know- I really, REALLY want to go to this- but I looked- and Fiddlers green- while a great amphitheater.. if you get the $25 GA lawn tix.. that can be problematic (and CROWDED).. the seats at $55.. while ok tix wise. come out to about $75-$77 after all the charges are added on.. I love Garth- but can't justify the amount of $ for 1-2 songs if that, and maybe an induction.. it's 10m of Garth for $75? heck I paid that for him in 2015 but had 2+ HRS of garth. yah I know there are other people there too- but I probably wouldn't pay even the $ asked for them in a full concert..
    tix are ick..

Hate to have to be responsible other than blindly going to Garth but that's life
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I hear you Skywise. If you're not thrilled about the other performers, it's not worth it.

We are excited for everyone though, especially Joe Walsh. We got seats at the very top center of the reserved sections. They were only $5 more than the GA section so it was totally worth that to have actual seats.

With fees, 4 tickets came to $285. I'm lucky I have an awesome dad who paid for mine and my husband's tickets as birthday presents to us both.

Ok, so let me backtrack on this one just a bit? It's my birthday this month (in about 5 days ) and my mother has agreed to get me a ticket.. needless to say I'm going to the show! Maybe we can 'meet up' and say hey at least.... I'll be in Section 202.. (the 'back' grouping of reserved seats..) about 5-8 rows from the front of the section.... I think I'm on an aisle too...

I'm thrilled w/ Garth- I like Amy Grant (lol the only other time I've seen her was at fiddlers hehe).. Vince Gill? ehh..... but I'm gonna give it a go

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

here's a bit of a description for it too

"The event, “The Rocky Mountain Way,” will feature Garth Brooks, Amy Grant & Vince Gill, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Randy Owen of Alabama, Richie Furay, Big Head Todd & the Monsters, Michael Martin Murphey and surprise guests paying tribute to the late Dan Fogelberg and James William Guercio’s Caribou Ranch, the legendary recording studio. The classic Colorado lineup of Barnstorm—Joe Walsh, Kenny Passarelli and Joe Vitale—will reunite and perform, and famed music producer Bill Szymczyk will receive a CMHOF Award of Excellence."

Garth? HECK YEAH.. Amy Grant? sure.. vince? ehh.. NGDB? never seen em live- could be fun! Randy Owen.. could be fun! Big Head Todd.. heard of em never listened... MM Murphy - that'll be cool.. Surprise guests.... now that will be fun too... ok- this will be fun

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by etsuwes View Post
    I have a strong feeling Garth will be inducting, and performing in honor of, Dan Fogelberg, who was one of his big writing influences.

I hope he plays "Longer" or "Same Old Lang Syne"
    I feel really stupid for saying this, but..... I've never listened to Fogelberg... anyone willing to PM / maybe share some of his best known stuff? Joe Walsh I tracked down online a bit stuff wise.. but man.. I gotta hear some of the original stuff now

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Google 'Same Old Lang Syne' and 'Leader of the Band'
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Ok, so let me backtrack on this one just a bit? It's my birthday this month (in about 5 days ) and my mother has agreed to get me a ticket.. needless to say I'm going to the show! Maybe we can 'meet up' and say hey at least.... I'll be in Section 202.. (the 'back' grouping of reserved seats..) about 5-8 rows from the front of the section.... I think I'm on an aisle too...

I'm thrilled w/ Garth- I like Amy Grant (lol the only other time I've seen her was at fiddlers hehe).. Vince Gill? ehh..... but I'm gonna give it a go
    Hey I'd love to. We're in section 204, almost at the very back. Row V seats 225-228.

lol I have a lot of Fogelberg to listen to! (I must have heard some of his music before, as a couple of the songs sound familiar)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

My Leader of the Band died 11 November 1997, 1 week after his 68th birthday, on Veteran's Day; he became a disabled Vet at age 19 in Korea.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Man, I didn't listen to enough Fogelberg! The concert with Garth performing) is starting in just about 3-3.5 hours...

will be in Section 202, (row K?).. Will be wearing my red EHS hat (my daughter's high school) but am looking forward to this!! Even a little bit, getting to see Garth!! will record if I can, but not going to push things...

more (a report) still to come!!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It was a good show!! A BIT long, but very good!! Garth came on at the very end of the night... They inducted the Caribou Ranch recording studio, Joe Walsh, and Dan Fogelberg into the Colorado Music hall of Fame.

They brought out Dan's widow at the end of the night. She mentioned the upcoming Dan Fogelberg tribute CD, and then mentioned how when they were figuring out which artists to ask, she said the first artist she thought of was Garth. Garth's always been very vocal of his support of Dan, and Dan's influence on him.

So, she emailed Garth's management, and he got back in contact with her the next day. What followed next was the brief conversation

"I'd love to be a part of the project. What song should I sing?"

"choose your favorite.."

"that's like, 193 songs....."

So at his widow's request, Garth picked a 'rocker' as she said.. I think he said he picked 'Phoenix'

So, Garth came out and sang 'phoenix.'..

after that, they brought EVERYONE out, and Garth kinda led the final number, 'There's a place in the world for a Gambler' (I think)... That was the end..

Garth was on stage maybe what, 15-20m? but it was a great night!

I did manage to video Garth's portion - I have to see how the recording turned out- I gotta get to bed now. . (have to be up in about what, 6 hours?)
    Last edited by Skywise; 08-14-2017 at 01:29 AM.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Some people SUPER pissed- thought it was a GB concert.

Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post

Idiots.
    Really? Who? if they thought it was a Garth concert, they never checked tickets, or adverts, or the website, etc... lol it was NEVER a Garth concert, only an appearance by Garth as part of a larger event...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Heres' a link to the 2nd song Garth was involved with (the closing song- there's a place in the world for a gambler ? ) . I didn't record this one, (well I did but this one's better).. will try to get my recording of Garth's first song up soon

https://youtu.be/NZcPqKx2wBc

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Apparently a scalper site was advertising it as a GB/TY World Tour stop; those who bought the tickets are clearly not GarthNutts.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Heres' a link to the 2nd song Garth was involved with (the closing song- there's a place in the world for a gambler ? ) . I didn't record this one, (well I did but this one's better).. will try to get my recording of Garth's first song up soon

https://youtu.be/NZcPqKx2wBc
    A tears in my eyes, WOW!! That was worth the price of admission. Simply, simply beautiful. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    Apparently a scalper site was advertising it as a GB/TY World Tour stop; those who bought the tickets are clearly not GarthNutts.
    Yeah there are a few people who are complaining still, about it not being a Garth concert.. Shame that the scalper site would advert it as such- would be interesting to hear if Garth addresses it on Studio G next month, though doubt it'll happen

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread