+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Studio G: June 5th 2017

Studio G: June 5th 2017

Im kinda thinking, even though there wont be any earth shattering news, I'm predicting, he
    will make mention of a future announcement, saying something along the lines of "I cant
    say anything yet, but watch this space"

I mean the tour is coming to an end soon, there has been speculation of demo discs, live album,
    Ireland has been mention a few times in the media.

What else will there be left to say on Studio G?? Sooner or later he's gotta give the viewer something that
    they can get excited about.

Also It wont be tomorrow, but there will come a time, where he has to make a definite announcement about
    touring overseas or, when that comes, all I ask is that he is NOT ambiguous about it, and gives a straight up answer.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-04-2017 at 11:20 PM.

you should know by now garth announces things on his own time schedule. If he tours overseas, it would be announced I think until late this year or early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    you should know by now garth announces things on his own time schedule. If he tours overseas, it would be announced I think until late this year or early next year.
    Agree, I just hope when the time comes and if its in the negative, he leaves no room for interpretation, he doesnt give people false hope that maybe just maybe, that we will end
    up knowing exactly what he is doing.

He'll talk about the Oklahoma City on-sale, take some video questions, maybe talk about what he did for Memorial Day...and that's probably it. I don't think we're quite at Fall announcement time yet. Remember, Gunslinger wasn't formally announced until October. It's only June.

If he's playing the Houston Livestock Show at the beginning and end of Feb. next year, I don't think oversees is on his radar yet. At least not to announce.

Just caught the last five minutes, some guy from Sweden I think, ask if hes coming back to Europe.

Garth was ambiguous, just kinda said, we are trying to get through the end of the American tour, then he talked about festivals.

It does seem like the decision will be made after the American Tour ends.

I think its fair to say that he wont tour Europe/Australia by himself , but he might appear at multi artist festivals.

So this tour he has had, is without a doubt, a North American Tour.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-05-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

So this tour he has had, is without a doubt, a North American Tour.
    Without a doubt, huh? I must have missed that part.

Uhm thats me saying without a doubt not Garth

I guess I'm just confused where you get that idea from since it's never been said. Seems like jumping to a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    I guess I'm just confused where you get that idea from since it's never been said. Seems like jumping to a conclusion.
    Because if the tour starts in late 2014, and plays 99% of the dates in the U.S. or Canada, except for a 1 Off in Mexico, then continues until September 2017, then aside from shows in Houston 5 months later, does not have any performances until at least 8 or so months later, then it's a North American Tour.

Now say it's all a fake out, and he merely takes October-December off, then returns and plays Australia in January, I think you could legitimately call it the same tour. But the way he is talking, and making it seem like they intend to finish with the U.S. shows before making a decision, anything he does in Summer 2018, is a separate tour.

I'm sure they won't spin it that way, or publicize it as such, because they want the whole thing to be a "World Tour," perhaps to break some record, unless they feel that's already been accomplished. It sounds all but certain that he's decided to go the Festival route, except in Ireland. Disappointing, but I guess as people said here, outside of there, he's just not that big in Europe. I suspect they just won't play their own show, unless they can do multiple dates, like 3 or 4 in each city. Certainly there are places they could easily do 2 nights, but it sounds like they've more or less run the numbers, and decided to do the 1-off at festivals, instead of 1-2 of their own shows.

Well....the saga continues.

Sure, but we're still talking a lot of speculation. I just don't see the point in speaking in absolutes on this.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Because if the tour starts in late 2014, and plays 99% of the dates in the U.S. or Canada, except for a 1 Off in Mexico, then continues until September 2017, then aside from shows in Houston 5 months later, does not have any performances until at least 8 or so months later, then it's a North American Tour.

Now say it's all a fake out, and he merely takes October-December off, then returns and plays Australia in January, I think you could legitimately call it the same tour. But the way he is talking, and making it seem like they intend to finish with the U.S. shows before making a decision, anything he does in Summer 2018, is a separate tour.

I'm sure they won't spin it that way, or publicize it as such, because they want the whole thing to be a "World Tour," perhaps to break some record, unless they feel that's already been accomplished. It sounds all but certain that he's decided to go the Festival route, except in Ireland. Disappointing, but I guess as people said here, outside of there, he's just not that big in Europe. I suspect they just won't play their own show, unless they can do multiple dates, like 3 or 4 in each city. Certainly there are places they could easily do 2 nights, but it sounds like they've more or less run the numbers, and decided to do the 1-off at festivals, instead of 1-2 of their own shows.

Well....the saga continues.
    Agree 100%, it really seems he will be doing the festival route IF he goes to Europe and Australia. Again your right about the numbers, doesnt have a massive fan base, here in New Zealand, Australia or Europe, I just think the way hes worded everything lately, we will see the end of the USA tour and that will be it for this tour.

Then sometime in mid 2018 maybe just maybe a couple of dates in Europe at a festival.

Which is kinda sad, since for most his current tour, hes been calling it a WORLD TOUR. Only lately hes been calling it a North American one.

Oh well, I will always have the live album to look forward to this year! Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-06-2017 at 12:51 AM.

If you haven't watched it all already, it's worth watching at around 17 and a half minutes in where he sings a good bit of the change.

He said as the answer to the guy asking about returning to Europe that "now its the end of the North American leg of the World Tour". There are now the possibilities of touring with festivals from country to country which wasn't possible in the 90's. You don't have to bring all your gear but just your people moving around. So the Country2Country Festivals are taking place from March 9-11 in London, Glasgow and Dublin. I don't see him playing Festivals like Roskilde, Rock am Ring, Isle of Wight or Glastonbury just to name a few. Just another guessing.

Country 2 Country is a possibility but not in Ireland. He's too big to be playing festivals here. Because of that, we would have to have the full show with their gear and all. If he's going to bring everything over to Ireland, why not Europe as well?

I think he's playing Houston livestock on march 18 next year. That rules out country 2 country in the UK because that is often the second week in March. I don't see him playing the UK and a few days later, he plays Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I think he's playing Houston livestock on march 18 next year. That rules out country 2 country in the UK because that is often the second week in March. I don't see him playing the UK and a few days later, he plays Houston.
    C2C in 2018 is March 9-11, so I think that is still possible. It only takes hours to fly back home... not days.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Can someone clarify the comment he made about Lafayette. It was something to the effect of enjoy it and you'll be able to see it over and over or something to that effect. Was he referring to a possible dvd of the tour or did I misunderstand?

I took it as they will be recording for Triple Live.

If he does the multi aritst festival thing in 2018/2019, how long would his set be???

Does her play a full set? 45 Minutes/hour?? It may be case of Garth wanting to try something
    he has done before.

I mean Gar5th try something he hasnt done before.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Houston livestock show is always in February. So he'll be available by March.

Brett Dale, I think you have good reason to be hopeful!

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Houston livestock show is always in February. So he'll be available by March.

Brett Dale, I think you have good reason to be hopeful!
    cool, fingers crossed!

The only think missing in this conversation is Garth's mysterious reference to joining another MLB team in spring training, if I interpreted it right. That would push overseas plans back to after March.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    The only think missing in this conversation is Garth's mysterious reference to joining another MLB team in spring training, if I interpreted it right. That would push overseas plans back to after March.
    If he's playing mainly Festivals, any Europe tour would not begin until at least April/May. The festival season does not really begin until then.

Then it's lined up for him perfectly if that's his plan!

+ Reply to Thread