+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many buying the chase anniversary edition?

How many buying the chase anniversary edition?

I ordered my copies of The Chase 25th anniversary edition. I did do because of the 25th anniversary logo. At first I thought it was just a sticker but it turns out it is a foil image on the cd cover that says 25th. They also raised the price to $12.99 for that particular edition wheras the 2014 version is going for as low as $2.89. It is being billed as a quiet release for the collectors. They started preorders May 19 and I just got notice I should get my copies around June 16th. I know I am a sucker for collecting his cds but it is done. Also The Chase is available at Wally World for $5. I think if he does an exclusive this year, it will probably be Wal Mart. I hadn't seen much of his old stuff on the shelves in awhile. Basically GS, TUH and CT. So I guess he really wants that 8th Diamond Award. The Beatles haven't recertified their numbers since around 2000 so they will probably make a jump after the excitement over Sgt. Pepper's dies down. That would be a good time to announce hitting 200 million sold. They are sitting at 178. Plus a couple of their cds should also go Diamond when the recertify. But I bought two copies for my private collection and will pick up one more for a friend. Will be interesting to see the numbers on this one. :-)

Not me, great for the uber collectors but I'm passing.

The Sgt Pepper release should do well but it would've sold millions had it been released 10 years ago, right now it's tracked at 34,283 according to Hits Daily Double.
    I received my 6 disc deluxe set on Tuesday, it's a lot to take in!

I think Garth has given up catching up to the RIAA numbers of the beatles, hes too far behind. I think it's the diamond award thing, hes after, and he would want 10 of them.

Got the original copy of the chase I bout in the early 90's, and then the one that was in the 1998 boxset, I wont be buying a third copy, unless he does the demo version thing,
    that would be cool.

I guess I am an uber collector...LOL Here is my list of The Chase copies I own plus the boxed set versions:
    THE CHASE
    The Chase
    The Chase
    The Chase Special Edition 2000
    The Chase Special Edition 2000
    The Chase ReMastered
    The Chase ReMastered
    The Chase Japanese Import
    The Chase Digital Remastered (2014)
    The Chase Digital ReMastered (2014)
    The Chase The Limited Series
    I will add the 25th anniversary editions when I get them around June 16th.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Honestly? I think I'm either getting old, or maturing in my fandom, or am becoming more realistic.. I have my original copy of The chase, and the one from The limited series II, but I don't feel the need to get ANOTHER copy of the same dang album, just because of a foil imprint/mark/sticker/attachment/picture/you name it with '25th anniversary' on it.. not when there is zero difference from what I've heard in the albums.. IF there was an addition/incentive to get it? sure I would.. But as much as I love Garth's music... I'm not about to help him this way with his numbers obsession- I'm an uber collector-= but not in that vein
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

It seems I have a dozen special collection albums that are all the same. Wasn't the 90s box sex all collector albums as well??

I should've said I own two copies of The Chase, the one from the Limited Series & the 2014 Legacy which is my go to copy to listen to, they really got it right with regards to the remastering/remixing for that batch.

I sold my original release copy years ago. I still have aLimited Series copy, a 2005 Remastered Series copy, and a recent 2014 Sony Remix copy.

I'm good. Now if it turns out that this 25th Anniversary version actually has something unique and to offer (previously unreleased tracks, etc), then maybe. But if the only difference is the cover, then count me out.

I know I go a little crazy with my collecting. :-) But it gives me joy. I just bought the Emmy screener of Garth's Vegas show from a couple years ago. I don't even have a DVD player. LOL. But I enjoy collecting the different covers with even a little change. It's like baseball cards or stamps. I collect the singles I can find also. My problem is finding some kind of cd cover to store the cd and case in.

Unless he were to put out a second disc containing unreleased songs from those sessions, I personally won't do it either. If he were to do it that way, I think it would be a smart business decision on his part.

I saw a couple photos of the new cd version of the Chase. Besides the 25th logo on cd, the spine also has 25th anniversary on it and on back cover and inside it now has Pearl Records on it and the back has a 2017 date on it. I get mine on Tuesday. :-)

This was posted at the board ukmix.org, (not chase released) but Im not sure where to put it.

Billboard estimates

THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION - Garth Brooks ( 547,000 )

THE ULTIMATE HITS - Garth Brooks ( 3,067,000 ) 10xP

GUNSLINGER - Garth Brooks ( 102,000 ) 1xP

+ Reply to Thread