+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 25th anniversary of Double Live

25th anniversary of Double Live

Can somebody please tell me why there's a 25th anniversary of Double live. It was originally released in 1998. 25 years from that would be 2023 but it was released in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Can somebody please tell me why there's a 25th anniversary of Double live. It was originally released in 1998. 25 years from that would be 2023 but it was released in 2014?
    I think we have an ask garth for next week.

I think maybe its do with 25 years of playing in the music industry, he came out in 1989, and the 25th Anniversary double live get released in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I think maybe its do with 25 years of playing in the music industry, he came out in 1989, and the 25th Anniversary double live get released in 2014.
    Yes, that makes sense. I guess I was reading about the 25th anniversary of the chase which is actually a 25th anniversary release.

Was there a 25th anniversary of other albums, Garth Brooks, No Fences, Ropin the Wind ?

Because 25th anniversary sounds good and will sell more albums if they can justify it like the reason listed above.

I doubt that. I pass up anniversary albums at the store all the time. But a better name for it would have been "25 Years Live, Double Live Special Edition".

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Yep, that's what he explained when it came out.

Unless he decides to open up the vault and add worthy bonus tracks to the the albums (alt takes, rare LIVE* performances, unreleased tracks from sessions) he can keep his anniversary editions.

The Limited Series, the Ultimate Box and the 2014 Legacy Editions, it's safe to say I'm done with repackages.

I wish he'd embrace Blu-Ray already.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    Unless he decides to open up the vault and add worthy bonus tracks to the the albums (alt takes, rare LIVE* performances, unreleased tracks from sessions) he can keep his anniversary editions.

The Limited Series, the Ultimate Box and the 2014 Legacy Editions, it's safe to say I'm done with repackages.

I wish he'd embrace Blu-Ray already.
    Garth embracing Blu Ray? that means he'd have to move into the 21st century... that'd be too much!

Great points though, CER...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Garth embracing Blu Ray? that means he'd have to move into the 21st century... that'd be too much!

Great points though, CER...
    Oh I'm sure this fall's new live album / boxed set will have Blu-rays. It's a physical product that he can package, ship, and count. That sounds right up Garth's alley, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Oh I'm sure this fall's new live album / boxed set will have Blu-rays. It's a physical product that he can package, ship, and count. That sounds right up Garth's alley, right?
    I don't know. I hope it does have blu-rays/DVDs. The only thing is blu-rays/DVDs don't count towards RIAA album certifications. Yes, they can be certified, but they are their own category. They don't go towards the discs for album sales numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I don't know. I hope it does have blu-rays/DVDs. The only thing is blu-rays/DVDs don't count towards RIAA album certifications. Yes, they can be certified, but they are their own category. They don't go towards the discs for album sales numbers.
    haha... I hope there is a Blu-ray component to the live box too. The NY concert in full HD would be bliss.

And I wasn't really talking about RIAA numbers (although I did insinuate it as a joke). Rather, Garth is old school and definitely seems to prefer actual physical products that he can hold in his hand, ship out to people, etc. That said, however Blu-rays are counted, you can certainly trust that Garth will know and will keep track of the tally.

haha... I hope there is a Blu-ray component to the live box too. The NY concert in full HD would be bliss.

And I wasn't really talking about RIAA numbers (although I did insinuate it as a joke). Rather, Garth is old school and definitely seems to prefer actual physical products that he can hold in his hand, ship out to people, etc. That said, however Blu-rays are counted, you can certainly trust that Garth will know and will keep track of the tally.
    You are right he will keep up with it

I know I am dreaming here, but I would live to see Yankee Stadium, Vegas (T-Mobile Arena, not the one-man show at Wynn) and The Ryman on Blu-rays in the box. They were all filmed. I doubt we see any of them, unless maybe Yankee Stadium is in there, but I can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    You are right he will keep up with it

I know I am dreaming here, but I would live to see Yankee Stadium, Vegas (T-Mobile Arena, not the one-man show at Wynn) and The Ryman on Blu-rays in the box. They were all filmed. I doubt we see any of them, unless maybe Yankee Stadium is in there, but I can dream.
    I almost fully expect all three of those to be in the box. Certainly Yankee Stadium, and probably the Raman. I suppose he could leave out Vegas if it ends up being too similar to Yankee Stadium, but I still hope it's there.

Didn't he also film a series of shows in January to get the new BLLDAD opening?

I almost fully expect all three of those to be in the box. Certainly Yankee Stadium, and probably the Raman. I suppose he could leave out Vegas if it ends up being too similar to Yankee Stadium, but I still hope it's there.

Didn't he also film a series of shows in January to get the new BLLDAD opening?
    Wow! You expect those to be in the box? I don't at all, but I so hope you are right!

+ Reply to Thread