+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Helping The Chase hit 10 Million

Helping The Chase hit 10 Million

Was picking up a gift card for my friend's birthday next week. Checked out the cds just for fun and saw that they actually had Garth Brook cds for sale. They had Sevens, Fresh Horses and The Chase and they were the new 2014 Digital Updated versions for $5.00. So I grabbed one for my friend. For $5.00 how can you go wrong. They only had 7 copies total that I could see (now 6, LOL) but I didn't have time to linger. We were headed to PetSmart for the free dog food. A $20 bag of food for free and their were two of us. But if you are looking for new version of cds, you might check Wally World, for $5.00 you can't go wrong. I grabbed The Chase since Garth is probably wanting that cd to hit Diamond status.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Was picking up a gift card for my friend's birthday next week. Checked out the cds just for fun and saw that they actually had Garth Brook cds for sale. They had Sevens, Fresh Horses and The Chase and they were the new 2014 Digital Updated versions for $5.00. So I grabbed one for my friend. For $5.00 how can you go wrong. They only had 7 copies total that I could see (now 6, LOL) but I didn't have time to linger. We were headed to PetSmart for the free dog food. A $20 bag of food for free and their were two of us. But if you are looking for new version of cds, you might check Wally World, for $5.00 you can't go wrong. I grabbed The Chase since Garth is probably wanting that cd to hit Diamond status.
    Unfortunately, Diamond Awards are based on shipped copies, not purchases. So the copy you purchased had already been counted for RIAA purposes. But I'm sure your friend will love the album anyway.

I thought the same thing. BUT...The last time The Chase was certified was in 1998 or 2006. This copy of The Chase is from the 2014 Digital release that hasn't been certified yet. So I think it might help somehow. :-) From what I understand is that they are only certified when the record company/artist pays and requests a certification. So Several of Garth's albums haven't been updated since 1998 and 2006. So once he decides to make the request, I thinks sales of The Chase and others will raise his RIAA numbers but won't make a big difference for the Soundscan numbers. I may be wrong but I looked at the RIAA info a few weeks ago and it showed that the newer Digital versions of the CDs that came out in 2014 haven't been certified yet.

The store might order more though, and that will count as a shipment!

From RIAA site:
    Release Date Previous Certification(s)*|*Date(s) Category Type Certified Units Genre

September 14, 19929x*Multi-Platinum*|*November 1, 2006 8x*Multi-Platinum*|*July 9, 1998
    6x*Multi-Platinum*|*February 17, 1995
    5x*Multi-Platinum*|*November 19, 1992
    Platinum*|*November 19, 1992
    Gold*|*November 19, 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    The store might order more though, and that will count as a shipment!
    Good point!

I purchased all of these from Walmart and Big Lots (each store had different albums) for $5 earlier this year. Now, it looks like 25th anniversary editions are coming...

+ Reply to Thread