+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ticketmaster Transfer tix?

Ticketmaster Transfer tix?

A couple of friends bought tix for me for his upcoming shows. It says the tix are on hold til 5/31. Since it's a cc required city (meaning you have to have the buyer of the tix with you at the time of entry), I'd have to have them transfer the tix to my name. When the ticket hold ends, will I be able to do that? Afraid to wait and find out and then discover that I can't and there are no tix left for the dates!

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Munchkin1616 View Post
    A couple of friends bought tix for me for his upcoming shows. It says the tix are on hold til 5/31. Since it's a cc required city (meaning you have to have the buyer of the tix with you at the time of entry), I'd have to have them transfer the tix to my name. When the ticket hold ends, will I be able to do that? Afraid to wait and find out and then discover that I can't and there are no tix left for the dates!

Thanks!!
    If you're referring to L.A., only certain sections are credit card entry only. If the tickets are in one of those sections, you'll have a better chance at winning the lottery, than getting them to transfer the tickets into your name. Bottom line is, they won't. 100% guarantee.

Your only option would be to have them give you the credit card used to buy the tickets. Rarely do they request ID, but they will scan the card to let you into the arena. If your friends are willing to give you their credit card, you're in good shape. Otherwise, you're just going to get frustrated, and end up cursing out Ticketbastard, because no matter what you say to them, they're not going to be able to do anything.

Furthermore....the friends that bought the tickets are going to be SOL, unless they go to the concert(s) themselves with the card. Ticketmaster will not give them a refund, that is a certainty as well, unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread