+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who Are You????

Who Are You????

I'm gonna break my own rules and post this here.

It's been a long time,and I think we should remind everyone about ourselves. I will start:

I have lived my whole life in Oregon (Pronounced ORY GUN) . Professional firefighter and paramedic. Avid hunter and fisherman.

Been a huge fan of GB since it all began in '89. Seen all his shows here and saw him in Los Angeles, KC, Nashville and Vegas while he was retired.

Married to a wild woman and have an 8 year old awesome kid. We live on a small farm where we raise and sell cows, chickens and turkeys. The wife has a few horses

You? Cmon.... Tell me!!!

That is too awesome, living on a small farm selling cows chickens and turkeys!!! Is your wife and kid Garth fans too??

Cool a fire fighter and paramedic!!

I myself am from New Zealand, Garth fan ever since my brother bought home Ropin the wind.

Hadnt heard of Garth before that, because country music doesnt get much publicly down this way.

Basically Im an office temp, go from place to place just doing some office admin, boring huh.

It does pay the bills though, have been lucky enough to been to your country 10 times!

My brother married an American and lives in the usa!

Out in Palm Springs here, married 16 years to an amazing woman and we have two kids, 14,11. Been listening to Garth since the award show he performed Friends in Low places, it was a skit, he was at a party and singing the song.

Seen Garth twice, once in LA and in KC and just got tickets to LA. Taking the kids to their FIRST CONCERT!

Seems like fun!

As the username suggests, My name is Ryan, I'm a Radio DJ from Wicklow, just outside Dublin in Ireland. I was introduced to Garth's music via my mum in 1994. She was due to go to his concert in Croke Park in 1997 but missed out because my Dad was really ill at the time, Around that time Garth visited a radio station in the town I live in called East Coast FM, it was his only media appearance at the time I was 14 at that time. By coincidence, I now work as a DJ on that same radio station East Coast FM and had the opportunity to interview Garth in 2014 at the Croke Park press conference and told him the story, he immediately invited me and my Mum to the Dublin show, we all know what happened afterwards and we eventually got to meet him in Cleveland in 2015 and he treated us like Royalty, he brought us backstage to meet himself, Trisha and his crew and then did a great tribute to my Mum on stage.. It was amazing!

Hoping he will get back to Ireland again! Oh by the way, I have no kids but do have 2 Boxer Dogs!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Hmm…
    I have lived in the same area of Colorado since I about 4

I’m (currently) a guest or substitute teacher in the area, still actively seeking out a full time classroom

I am a 5th degree black belt in USTF / ITF Taekwon-Do

Just celebrated my 20th anniversary with my incredible wife and have 3 angels, two girls (15 and 13), and a son (4)

I’m a tech/pop culture nerd, and an unabashed Apple / Mac fan (no Microsoft or samsung in this house)

I’ve been a Garth fan since the summer of 1991, when I went to my college orientation and heard the ‘garth brooks’ album in a friend’s car. Went home, notice the youth director of my church had ‘no fences’.. borrowed it, and ended up buying it later that week from the store.. bought ‘ropin the wind’ the day it was released and the rest, as they say, is history..

I’ve seen Garth in concert 6 times. 1992 in Denver, 1993 in Pueblo at the state fair, 1996 in Denver, and then 3 of his 9 shows in 2015 here.. ALMOST travelled to KC to see him in 2007 and still regret the decision not to (though I saw it in the theaters). have collected just a few (*cough cough*) shows from Garth…
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I am in the DFW area. I was a police officer for 5 years and now I teach criminal justice at the high school level. (Got an interview on Monday to be promoted to our district's director of Career and Technical education. Fingers crossed I have been privileged to work at the state level at times on criminal justice high school curriculum and I have made lesson plans that are currently used by teachers across the State of Texas.

I have 2 boys and am getting married in the summer to a wonderful woman with 2 sweet girls. We will be a mini version of the Brady Bunch.

I've been a Garth fan since Jr. High in the early 90s when I decided to buy the No Fences alubm instead of the popular rock band of the time, Mr. Big's, album. Then his television specials got me hooked and I've always been motivated by the passion he puts into everything he does.

I've seen Garth 7 times. Houston in 98, College Station in 98 when he ended his 2nd world tour, Houston twice again in 15, Dallas in 15, San Antonio in 16, and Lubbock this year. And when he plays OKC on this tour, I might just have to see him there too cause who knows if we'll be lucky to get anything like this type of tour again.

However, I've been a hardcore Planet Garth reader since the late 90s. (I picked the name Garthcop after seeing the name Garthmedic being used This forum has been the best on inside info on Garth. Much appreciation to all of those here throughout the years who have given good scoops on Garth.

To tell y'all the truth, I've practically been born into Garth's music but I didn't really get into it until the first TV special. I was born a month before the first album came out and was not even two months old when Keith Whitley died (yeah that's how old/young I am over here). I used to have another name on here named vegitoth because at the time I was a fan of an old cartoon show named Dragonball Z.

Now that I'm older and with a new name and a more adult look on things, some of my tastes have aged like wine, the others I threw away like bad tasting water. I'm still an Anime fan, still a Garth fan, but lately I'm just getting very tired of the culture that we're dealing with right now.

I'm nearly 40 years old and was born and raised in Salt Lake City. (Yes, I'm a Mormon!) I got my undergrad and Master of Public Administration degrees from the University of Utah, and then went to law school in Boston. (Go Red Sox!!!) I'm currently working as an attorney in the DC area. I've been married 15 years, and my wife and I have 4 crazy kiddos (girl, boy, girl, boy).

For various reasons, we're somewhat reluctantly in the process of trying to relocate back to SLC, but the job market for the type of law that I've been practicing (labor law) is pretty scarce in Utah since it is a right to work state. Oh well, I'm sure somebody will pay me a lot of money to make a career transition, right??

I grew up listening to Hank Sr., Patsy Cline, Johnny Horton, Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, and Jim Reeves, and then came to also love Hank Jr., Charlie Daniels, Chris LeDoux, Van Halen, Michael Jackson, Led Zeppelin, and Metallica. I got into Garth after my parents took me to his concert in SLC in 1993. I went out and bought In Pieces when it came out a few weeks later, and thus began my obsession. Since I wasn't a die hard fan yet when I first saw him at that 1993 show, I anxiously awaited for him to return in 96-98, but by the time he finally came to SLC, I was serving my 2-year Mormon mission in Panama and missed the show. "Oh well," I thought, "I'll catch him on the next tour." Then the dude up and retired!! Sigh. So to say that I anxiously awaited this tour is an epic understatement. I caught 2 shows in Baltimore, MD, and then saw him again last November in Richmond, VA. For that November show, I was literally 15-20 feet from the stage. It was incredible.

The Planet was the very first message board i ever joined. I had lurked for a while, but finally officially signed up in 2005. I chose the name Emerald Isle because Ireland is my hands down all time favorite Garth song (although Red Strokes and now Midnight Train aren't far behind). Everywhere else on the net, however, I go by Panama Jack or Jack Panama or some similar variant.

It's been fun and interesting to read about folks here. There's even one person who posted that I always thought was a woman, but is actually a guy! Oops!! haha

Love this place! Don't know what I would do without it! (Any word on the updates that the owner had finally consented to make a while ago?)

Well I still read here regularly, but haven't posted in quite a while. Figured why not join in on this one though.

I've lived in the Chicago suburbs my whole life. Work for a life insurance company for the last 19 yrs (since I was just 20), and share a townhouse w/my sister and 2 dogs.

Never listened to country when I was little, but that changed 4th of July weekend in '92. Long story, but I got a crash course in Garth and became a life-long fan basically overnight. Got his first 3 albums as quickly as I could, and everything since the day it came out. Little did I know then just how much Garth & his music would influence me!

Saw him 4 times here back in the '90's.
    This tour - 4 in Chicago, 2 in Milwaukee, 2 in Grand Rapids, 4 in Vegas & 3 in Champaign. Hoping to do Indy & Nashville.
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

I grew up in the 'folk' era, met John Denver at an early age, and remained friends with him until he died. He wrote extensively with the cowboy poet Joe Henry, and during a phone call told me to watch for this kid with an odd name, Garth, as he'd just written lyrics and all the music with Joe to a song John hoped to record. Garth demurred, saying the lyrics 'weren't finished to his satisfaction'. Long story short John never recorded "Belleau Woods", but he was a huge fan, and so am I as a result of a close friendship. They got to play together at Farm Aid, and John told me Garth's mum was a huge fan and Garth arranged for them to meet. John told me he sent her flowers every year for her birthday until he died.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

I am a Dutch woman (49) living in Switzerland since 1996. I am married to a Swiss and we have 2 kids (girl almost 20 and boy just turned 18) and 2 dogs (girl & boy both 9 years old). I have a part time office job and I help out a dog trainer on a regular basis. I have recently finished an education/a course and I can now work as a dog trainer too.

Garth came into my life in 1993, just a few weeks before I went on a 3 week coast to coast vacation in the USA. I heard The Thunder Rolls on the radio and I was hooked immediately. During my vacation with Trek America, I also listened to a lot of Garth music because one of the tour leaders (Irish) was a huge fan. I was so happy when he announced his concert in Rotterdam, The Netherlands for 1994! And that was the first time I saw him in concert. I also saw him in Vegas (3 times in 1 weekend), in Pittsburgh in 2015, in Baltimore in 2016 and I sure hope I can come over one more time this year before he ends the North American leg of the Tour. I am hoping for a European Tour, but I am not holding my breath!

I also enjoy other country music artists, but non as much as I love Garth. Other music genres I enjoy are folk, pop, rock, soul, blues & even a bit of rap (Eminem only - great lyrics!).

Some of my hobbies: reading, hiking, singing in a choir, going to concerts
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Note-

The woman who just posted above me (Lowland Kid) is a miracle worker.

How? I was personally involved in a miracle with her.

Me in 2005- Mr internet paranoid- decided to actually meet in person a fellow PG'er. I went BIG! It wasn't like I casually met a local PG'er at a coffee shop...

No.... I get a Passport for the first time in my life and friggin' FLY ACROSS THE ATLANTIC to Denmark where I spend the weekend with EIGHT PG'ers at one of their family homes. It was simply- magical It was wonderful.

And Lowland kid (Main) was the biggest reason- she and I talked and chatted for many, many hours- and she was able to convince me to go.

It was so worth it

I'm a truck driver in the Houston, Texas area.

I'm 46 years old, married with three grown daughters and one grandchild. Jesus Christ if first and foremost in my life. I make no apologies for it.

I graduated high school at East Detroit High School in 1989. I immediately joined the U.S. Navy and got out in 1994.

I've been a Garth fan since February of 1991. (The story is posted in another link).

I've seen Garth in concert 2 times, both in Houston, Texas. 1998 and 2016

My music taste is very eclectic. I basically listen to just about anything that's more than 15 years old now. Every now and then, I will here something new that catches my ear. If you hit shuffle on my mp3 player, you'll get something like Garth Brooks, Hootie & the Blowfish, Skillet, Bon Jovi, New Edition, Johnny Cash, The Bee Gees, Tanya Tucker, tobyMac, New Kids on the Block, Fleetwood Mac, George Strait, Luther Vandross, Bryan Adams, Linkin Park, Michael W. Smith and a whole lot more LOL. My three favorite singers above all else is Garth Brooks, George Strait and Alan Jackson.

Just to add a funny line, to counter the statement of someone else, LOL, I hate everything Apple / Mac. I refuse to buy or use them. LOL

I'm a computer programmer in Madison Wisconsin. I'm a huge Garth fan. I like to collect rare Garth audio and video. I have a pretty extensive collection. I have seen Garth 5 times. Once at the Wynn, the last show in Nashville, Chicago and twice in Milwaukee.

I have two daughters 4 and 6. The oldest daughter's first concert was opening night in Chicago. She literally got to see the greatest entertainer of all time come out of retirement for her first concert. Don't know how she will ever top that. My youngest's first concert was Garth in Milwaukee. My daughters know most of the words to every song on Gunslinger. They ask for it every time we are in the car.

Police chief in a small town in Arkansas. One of the early members of Planetgarth probably since day one. Don't post very often, but PG is my definite go to spot for good Garth info. I know there's a ton of Facebook fan pages out there, but when I want the scoop I come here. I consider this where the "die hard fans" reside. I've been lucky enough to see Garth four times on this tour and looking forward to more when OKC is announced. I've been to eight shows total starting way back in 1993.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    PG is def. where you get some 'die hard' and long time/long term Garth nuts hanging out!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread