+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Studio G: May 15th

Studio G: May 15th

Hoping for a good one, with information and tidbits. :-)

Someone needs to ask him to talk about his daughter signing on stage with him.

Didn't he strongly hint at Indy being a stop?

In his usual extremely ambiguous way.

Hasn't been mentioned on here, but the video of him performing 'Mom' in KC this weekend is up to 1.6 million views. That's remarkable.

They need to release a video of him performing 'AMHIK' live. His power in that song live is awesome.

When he launched the Studio G series I thought it was going to be really cool, but for the most part I've not found them to be as neat as I'd hoped. Sure, there have been some really cool moments, but I honestly hate the fan questions. It really is the same ol' stuff. How many times can he answer "What is your favorite song to play live?" Just amazed how often stuff like that gets asked by people who say how huge of a fan they are.

I also thought we'd get more hints or info about upcoming projects and what not. I don't feel like I know any more after this series launched than before. Very rarely does he drop anything that I couldn't have just read here in the forum or found from some online source/blog.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    When he launched the Studio G series I thought it was going to be really cool, but for the most part I've not found them to be as neat as I'd hoped. Sure, there have been some really cool moments, but I honestly hate the fan questions. It really is the same ol' stuff. How many times can he answer "What is your favorite song to play live?" Just amazed how often stuff like that gets asked by people who say how huge of a fan they are.

I also thought we'd get more hints or info about upcoming projects and what not. I don't feel like I know any more after this series launched than before. Very rarely does he drop anything that I couldn't have just read here in the forum or found from some online source/blog.
    Eh, I think Studio G serves a good purpose. It may not be amazing revelatory stuff all the time, but IMO we've gotten some great insight into the way Garth sees the world, and how he thinks. It's not a Garth News channel after all, but rather, it's (as he says) a "Monday night conversation." I'm okay with that.

As for tidbits about future stuff, I think we have been getting that. The problem is that it's a bit of a two-edged sword for Garth in that whenever he does give a hint or a clue about a future project, we go crazy saying he's just making "another announcement of a future announcement." But now we're complaining that he's not giving us enough clues about future stuff. Haha. He can't win.

This isn't to say that I love everything about Studio G. I think he needs a better set and Hashtag kinda drives me nuts. But whatever. Overall I think it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Eh, I think Studio G serves a good purpose. It may not be amazing revelatory stuff all the time, but IMO we've gotten some great insight into the way Garth sees the world, and how he thinks. It's not a Garth News channel after all, but rather, it's (as he says) a "Monday night conversation." I'm okay with that.

As for tidbits about future stuff, I think we have been getting that. The problem is that it's a bit of a two-edged sword for Garth in that whenever he does give a hint or a clue about a future project, we go crazy saying he's just making "another announcement of a future announcement." But now we're complaining that he's not giving us enough clues about future stuff. Haha. He can't win.

This isn't to say that I love everything about Studio G. I think he needs a better set and Hashtag kinda drives me nuts. But whatever. Overall I think it's fine.
    We can agree to disagree, but I actually don't think it serves much purpose for anyone but pretty casual fans. As I said above, the Q & A segment is for the most part mind-numbing. I feel like I've heard most of those questions asked over and over and over again.

As far as the dropping of tidbits I don't think he has given us that much. Sure, he has dropped a few hints along the way, but there was more information about Triple Live and the possible demo box sets during CRS and ACL press confrences/Q & A sessions. Point being, just as much info is dropped everywhere else.

Sure, you are right, it is not a Garth News Network, but I don't think I'm alone in saying that being a Garth fan is pretty frustrating at times. (Don't even get me started on his outdated stances on virtually everything or the fact that he announces one tour date at a time making it extremely hard for anyone to travel to see him.) I think you can be a fan and make rational, legitimate criticisms. I feel like I'm as hardcore as anyone here, seen him 44 times dating back to 1991. I consider myself a real fan and I think that is why hearing someone ask what his favorite song to play live is or if he is coming to their city just doesn't appeal a whole lot to me. I want some "meat" and if isn't giving that it just isn't for me.

Just my two cents.

By the way, he does make announcements about announcements all the time and that happened before Facebook live.
    Last edited by rhd13; 05-16-2017 at 03:34 PM.

After I typed that last post I realized that a phrase kept going through my head - "lowest common denominator". Let me see if I can explain what I mean.

Garth always shoots for the lowest common denominator. Everything he does is about pulling in as many people as humanly possible. Whether that is trying to sell out half a dozen shows in a city, selling a million copies of a box set, playing the same 20 songs every night, etc. it is all aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Part of me admires this because the reality is the music business is a business and pulling in as many people as possible is part of the deal. However, Garth does little for the "hardcore fan". (I'm not talking about personal stuff. He is the nicest, most accommodating superstar I've ever seen and has been unreal to me the few times I've met him. That is not what I'm talking about when I say he does little for the hardcore fan. I'm talking more in terms of releases, concerts, etc.)

Take the last box set for instance. Sure, there was a new album in it, but 9 discs were full of old material. He knew the hardcore fans would buy it for the new album and a handful of bonus tracks, but he could pull in the Black Friday shopper looking for a budget item for Christmas seeing a cheap price tag on a huge amount of music. Same with the concert setlist. He usually has about 20 songs that make the setlist every single night and those almost never change. (Yes, I understand he has to play many of those every night.) He gets those casual fans, but yet he knows he is going to pull in those of us that frequent a place like Planet Garth.

The problem is I wish he would branch out some. I know some will complain at that statement and say, "you can't satisfy everyone". While that is totally true I see other artists that I'm pretty big fans of do things that I think are amazing and wish Garth would try.

Two of my other favorite artists are Eric Church and Metallica. Right now Eric Church is playing 3 to 3 1/2 hours every night with the setlist being around 36-40 songs. He has literally played every song on his 5 proper studio albums except 3. That's it!!! Only 3 songs on his albums he hasn't played at some point on the tour. Can you imagine Garth doing that?

Metallica is the same way. Over the last decade they have played 4 of their albums live in concert. In 2011 when they celebrated their 30th anniversary they did a 4 night stand for their fan club and over the stand they played 76 different songs!!! They are all the time releasing various products that aren't really meant for wide release, but are more focused for their core fan base. Even on their current stadium tour, where the setlist is pretty static every night, they have 2-3 rotation slots so they can play all the big hits yet play some different songs every now and then. Not to mention they record every show for you to purchase. Again, can you imagine Garth doing this?

That obsession with numbers, and attempt to reach the lowest common denominator, I think bothers some fans. (I can't speak for others, but it does me personally). I find myself much more interested in what artists like Metallica and Eric Church are doing than I do what Garth is doing and I am a much bigger Garth fan. It's because they do things that really engage me as a fan. Sure, they reach the lowest common denominator too, they sell millions of albums and thousands of concert tickets, but at times they take the fans on the journey and usually the fans go with them. This to me is where Garth fails. He's too afraid of playing a song someone doesn't know live or not scoring a Platinum record that I think he sometimes bores his most hardcore followers.

Sure, I understand that you can get on the Metallica message boards and people complain about the setlist, but I often think at that point it is unreasonable. I think we have to expect there are certain songs any artist has to play every night, but even just changing out 2-3 songs a night is more than most acts do. I can't imagine if those same people were Garth fans.

Look, I'm not trying to be a downer or a complainer. I just think Garth's appearance on Kimmel a while back really summed up what I'm talking about. He's got a new album out and he plays "Callin' Baton Rouge" and "Rodeo". I can understand one classic, but two while promoting a brand new record?

I just happened to be flipping through Sirius XM and heard an Alice Cooper interview and he made an interesting statement. He said, I don't make records for anyone but my fan base. I'm not trying to break a new audience or sell millions of records anymore. I make music for the people that are into me and what I do. I thought that was so profound. Does Garth make music for his fan base or is he trying to break a new audience? I think at this part in his career his focus may be on breaking a new audience instead of playing to the one he already has, which is HUGE by the way.

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I just sound like a complainer, but I feel like I'm pretty easy to please. I love what Eric Church and Metallica do and really have no problem with their careers and I follow them almost as closely as Garth. I think that is because they don't play the same 20 songs every tour or aren't always trying to resell all their old music again. There is a more intense focus on their hardcore fans and trying to keep them more engaged. I wish Garth would do that more. I don't expect that to change anytime soon, but wouldn't it be nice if I was wrong.
    Last edited by rhd13; 05-16-2017 at 04:32 PM.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    We can agree to disagree, but I actually don't think it serves much purpose for anyone but pretty casual fans. As I said above, the Q & A segment is for the most part mind-numbing. I feel like I've heard most of those questions asked over and over and over again.
    I have to agree with this. The questions are definitely not (for the most part) even a conversation, or anything that lets you learn new stuff about Garth and/or the tour, etc.. The questions are in large part the same ones that baby fans or fans who don't know much about him would ask. His answers do tend to show his current way of thinking, that's true- but the questions? other than the stroking of Garth's ego at times... A lot of the ask Garth questions are shallow- or answered shallow/not answered in depth at all.. (of course that is opinion, I realize..)

As far as the dropping of tidbits I don't think he has given us that much. Sure, he has dropped a few hints along the way, but there was more information about Triple Live and the possible demo box sets during CRS and ACL press confrences/Q & A sessions. Point being, just as much info is dropped everywhere else.
    agree and disagree here- there ave been tidbits dropped, but they are fewer and fewer, and (I think perhaps) Garth is being 'talked to' by others in his camp, to NOT let out too much info.. (though some tidbits are also dropped about his ways of thinking about things (Ala that dumb answer on live shows being sold etc) )

.... (Don't even get me started on his outdated stances on virtually everything or the fact that he announces one tour date at a time making it extremely hard for anyone to travel to see him.) I think you can be a fan and make rational, legitimate criticisms. I feel like I'm as hardcore as anyone here, seen him 44 times dating back to 1991. I consider myself a real fan and I think that is why hearing someone ask what his favorite song to play live is or if he is coming to their city just doesn't appeal a whole lot to me. I want some "meat" and if isn't giving that it just isn't for me.

Just my two cents.
    Those who know me know I wouldn't be able to not comment on this! Outdated stances. - CHECK.. absolutely.. making rational, legit criticisms - CHECK (despite the protests of SOME (no one in particular ) who still put Garth up on a pedestal/think he can do no wrong, no matter how many diff. times he's shown the fallacy of that view

By the way, he does make announcements about announcements all the time and that happened before Facebook live.
    ahh, the inevitable 'announcements' about announcing something...

did anyone other than me notice how someone asked him weeks ago about playing in lonesome dove, and he promised he'd play it at the open of the show the following week... and he still hasn't done it? (did play a snippet of in lonesome dove this week, but not at beginning.. he totally no sold/dropped the guy's question)

good $.02 there RHD!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

rhd13,

Oh yeah, I totally think we're agreeing more than we're disagreeing. I think you're right that hardcore fans are not Studio G's targeted audience, and I also agree that I wish that he would do more for the hardcore fans than he does (like you said: shaking up the setlists, etc., announcing all cities in advance, selling concerts online, etc.). We also agree on his outdated stances re iTunes, YouTube, radio singles, etc.

As for Studio G being more light on announcements lately, I think that might be mostly because of the current time of year. Garth is a "Fall Release" guy. So in Spring and Summer, there's not much to talk about.

Btw... I frequent the Metallica boards daily as well. Just saw them in Philly and already pre-ordered my CD of the show. What's your handle over there? Mine is panamajack, (which is pretty much my online name -or some variant of it- everywhere else but here).

rhd13.

One of the smartest posts I have read on Planet garth well done.

Agree with most of what you said.

I hope he does a concept album one day, but that wont happen.

Yeah the way hes announcing concerts is a bit of a bug bear for me, what I found is worse, if hes not coming to a city at all, he should say, he should just say we are in talks, when the
    decision has been made.

rhd13,

Oh yeah, I totally think we're agreeing more than we're disagreeing. I think you're right that hardcore fans are not Studio G's targeted audience, and I also agree that I wish that he would do more for the hardcore fans than he does (like you said: shaking up the setlists, etc., announcing all cities in advance, selling concerts online, etc.). We also agree on his outdated stances re iTunes, YouTube, radio singles, etc.

As for Studio G being more light on announcements lately, I think that might be mostly because of the current time of year. Garth is a "Fall Release" guy. So in Spring and Summer, there's not much to talk about.

Btw... I frequent the Metallica boards daily as well. Just saw them in Philly and already pre-ordered my CD of the show. What's your handle over there? Mine is panamajack, (which is pretty much my online name -or some variant of it- everywhere else but here).
    Very cool! Can't believe I ran into a huge Metallica fan on the Garth boards HA! I'm rhd13 over there too, however I don't post very much. Lurk around daily though checking up on setlists and the goings on. I'm going to see them in Atlanta in July! Hoping we get an arena tour in 2018!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    rhd13.

One of the smartest posts I have read on Planet garth well done.

Agree with most of what you said.

I hope he does a concept album one day, but that wont happen.

Yeah the way hes announcing concerts is a bit of a bug bear for me, what I found is worse, if hes not coming to a city at all, he should say, he should just say we are in talks, when the
    decision has been made.
    Thanks for the nice comment! Didn't Garth already do a concept record called ...In the Life of Chris Gaines

You know what I think would be a good idea, there was that one time he and his guys invited a fan for a live video chat because of a concert sign she had, what if one day out of a month or maybe a year, have him do a private chat with the hardcore fans like us, the fans that really know his music and other stuff inside and out. It would probably be a pretty private affair that would probably cost money that would be donated to his charity or something.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the nice comment! Didn't Garth already do a concept record called ...In the Life of Chris Gaines
    That was going to be my reply as well.

The thing that strikes me on the 'Ask Garth' segment is how young some of the questioners are; many of them would have been under 10 when he retired. I think I'm probably on the older side of the group (I'm an AARP member), but even if you were 18 when Garth blasted on to the scene you're in your mid forties now. Yes we're die hards and some of the questions are repetitive to us, but if they've just discovered Garth because of this tour, then I think they should get their answers, just like we did 25+ years ago!
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    The thing that strikes me on the 'Ask Garth' segment is how young some of the questioners are; many of them would have been under 10 when he retired. I think I'm probably on the older side of the group (I'm an AARP member), but even if you were 18 when Garth blasted on to the scene you're in your mid forties now. Yes we're die hards and some of the questions are repetitive to us, but if they've just discovered Garth because of this tour, then I think they should get their answers, just like we did 25+ years ago!
    I understand what you are saying. It is neat to see young fans engaged, but I think some of the questions are things that even pretty casual fans should know. I mean, how little do you have to pay attention to actually know "Callin' Baton Rouge" is his favorite song to play live? That is answered in almost every press conference or news article. It seems to me many of these people know virtually nothing about him but a few songs.

I'm 38 and did not grow up with the bands of the 60s and 70s but I know pretty basic things about a lot of artists. Some, like The Beatles, I could hold my own with people who did grow up with them. I guess I just don't understand how you can be such a "big fan" as they all claim yet know so little. I don't know the answer and I know everyone has their opinion, but I just find it way too monotonous and not much there if you know much of anything about Garth.

So that raises an interesting question, what questions would we the die hard fans ask if we could get Garth in a room for a half hour?

So that raises an interesting question, what questions would we the die hard fans ask if we could get Garth in a room for a half hour?
    Personally, I would have asked him to confirm if Strait passed on FILP before he recorded it.

I'd like to ask him if he would consider showing those TV specials and other recordings from the 90s again.

Yes! Someone else on here besides me who is tired of hashtag and the questions they screen for the G Man. Lol.
    Maybe deep down Garth is insecure and reaching lowest common denominator is a way to make him feel confident along with the big pay off of the album sales.

I would ask him to open up a fan club again so he can see who we hard core fans are and throw us some exclusive things here and there. I know the Garth channel is kind of like that. But I don't have room in my budget for that. I've already spent a lot of money on his music over the years. Maybe a monthly session on fb live for those of us part of a fan club

I would still have Studio G than not have it though. And it's easy to read through the lines of some of his announcements like going to Indy.

Great question and I'm not sure I know the answer immediately. I'd probably spend a lot of time thinking about it and preparing so I maximized my time and content. I know I wouldn't ask him what his favorite song to play live is or what his favorite song of his is.

The first thing that comes to mind is I would ask about those projects that he talked about but never saw the light of day. For instance, many years ago he discussed doing a George Strait covers album on a radio interview (I believe it was with Lon Helton). He said something about he would want to do some rarer songs like "80 Proof Bottle of Tear Stopper" and "The Only Thing I Have Left". I would want to know if he ever recorded songs for that project and why it was ditched.

I would also ask more questions about The Lamb (Chris Gaines) project. I'd want to know more info on why it never happened and if he had already started recording music for the soundtrack. If so, would there ever be a way for people to hear that music (I already know the answer to this but I'd ask anyways.) I'd want to dig more into his thoughts on the project. He now acts like the Chris Gaines thing never happened, but I would try to get some conversation on it.

I think I would also want to learn more about the various albums and songs. What are some stories about how the albums came together? Did he have a theme or idea when entering the studio with various albums? Where was his mindset when each album was recorded? What songs did he wish were released as single? (We do know a couple of those.) What are some of the behind the scenes stories about certain songs that we don't already know?

I think I'd also delve into his thoughts on how he puts together a setlist for a tour. I'd also ask since he thinks albums as a whole are so important why he never plays any album cuts (except for during 'house cleaning') in his live shows.

These are just thoughts off the top of my head. With more thought about it I might completely change my mind, but I want "meat". I'm tired of the same ol' discussion about the same ol' thing. I want some in depth that is why I would absolutely love a book written by him. Of course, my concern is he would be so guarded that we'd never hear his honest thoughts about things that it would be all the stuff we've heard him say a million times.

Great question and I'm not sure I know the answer immediately. I'd probably spend a lot of time thinking about it and preparing so I maximized my time and content. I know I wouldn't ask him what his favorite song to play live is or what his favorite song of his is.

The first thing that comes to mind is I would ask about those projects that he talked about but never saw the light of day. For instance, many years ago he discussed doing a George Strait covers album on a radio interview (I believe it was with Lon Helton). He said something about he would want to do some rarer songs like "80 Proof Bottle of Tear Stopper" and "The Only Thing I Have Left". I would want to know if he ever recorded songs for that project and why it was ditched.

I would also ask more questions about The Lamb (Chris Gaines) project. I'd want to know more info on why it never happened and if he had already started recording music for the soundtrack. If so, would there ever be a way for people to hear that music (I already know the answer to this but I'd ask anyways.) I'd want to dig more into his thoughts on the project. He now acts like the Chris Gaines thing never happened, but I would try to get some conversation on it.

I think I would also want to learn more about the various albums and songs. What are some stories about how the albums came together? Did he have a theme or idea when entering the studio with various albums? Where was his mindset when each album was recorded? What songs did he wish were released as single? (We do know a couple of those.) What are some of the behind the scenes stories about certain songs that we don't already know?

I think I'd also delve into his thoughts on how he puts together a setlist for a tour. I'd also ask since he thinks albums as a whole are so important why he never plays any album cuts (except for during 'house cleaning') in his live shows.

These are just thoughts off the top of my head. With more thought about it I might completely change my mind, but I want "meat". I'm tired of the same ol' discussion about the same ol' thing. I want some in depth that is why I would absolutely love a book written by him. Of course, my concern is he would be so guarded that we'd never hear his honest thoughts about things that it would be all the stuff we've heard him say a million times.
    Those are good. Every once in a while I feel like he gets a good meaty question on Studio G. And to be fair, I haven't heard anyone on Studio G ask what his favorite song to play live is for a long time. Either that or I just block it out when they do. Haha.

As for Chris Gaines, I don't know if I would ever ask about that. He's clearly very uncomfortable talking about it. I remember last year someone asked a question about Chris Gaines and his reply was something along the lines of, "I got my ass kicked over Chris Gaines" and basically chuckled off the question in a tone of "yeah I'm not touching that subject, ever!" One question I would be curious to know the answer to is whether he'd ever consider doing country versions of the songs on that album as a bonus disc in some future boxed set. I would almost certainly expect his answer to be "no" but it'd be fun to let him know that some of us understood what he was trying to do and that we actually liked the songs.

With regard to how he approached recording each album, and what his thought process was, I feel like we get tons of insight on that in the little in-between vignettes that he does on the Garth Channel. I've learned so much from those. I also feel like the Vegas show provided a ton of insight on how he approached things. (Speaking of Vegas, that is one thing that I think Garth did for the Die Hards. It would have been a huge draw to have him get up and play his own hits for 2 hours every night, but he didn't do that. He told stories about the songs instead. I thought that was a courageous and cool thing to do).

With regard to the setlists, I'm sure we can predict that his answer would be that he just goes back to the hits and that once he adds those, you've got a full set without much room for album cuts. I'm sure he'd also say that the Housekeeping portion is where the albums cuts get their time to shine in the show. Which is fair. We all know that he figures MOST folks pay to see him perform the old hits and could care less about album cuts or new songs. That drives us die hards who have already heard Rodeo 9000 times a bit crazy, but we're not the majority of the people who attend his shows. I saw him on Veterans Day last year in Richmond. He added "All American Kid" to the regular set as a way to salute the veterans that were there. I was thrilled!! But the momentum of the show, and the mood of the crowd came to a screeching halt when he played it. I noticed 8-9 people around me asking each other what song it was, and when none of them knew, 3-4 of them used it as a chance to hit the bathroom and get another beer. Garth's no dummy. He notices stuff like that. I think he figures this is a comeback tour, and he's there to put on as good of a show as he can, and not necessarily to promote the new stuff. One cool thing I've noticed lately though, is that the housekeeping segments keep getting longer and longer, even during afternoon shows when there's people waiting outside to come in for the evening show. I think that's cool, and shows that he DOES care about the deep cuts. I dunno, I totally get what you're saying. I'm personally sick of Unanswered Prayers, Rodeo, and In Another's Eyes. I would much rather hear Honky-Tonk Somewhere, Midnight Train, Good Ride Cowboy, and Rodeo or Mexico. I would also personally cut off my left arm to hear him play "Ireland" in its entirety with the full band. But I digress. I guess the question about the shows I would ask is, in future tours, whether he would ever consider adding some of the hits from Scarecrow and Lost Sessions to the main set, since those songs never got a fair chance to become staples. It would still meet his "old stuff only" requirement, but could breathe some fresh air into the set. But again, I expect his answer would be that there are other, bigger hits, that he thinks folks would rather hear.
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 05-18-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Great points Emerald! Just some random thoughts below:

- He never talks about the Chris Gaines stuff and if he does it is usually something along the lines of what you quoted. I think he should embrace it and be proud of it though. The music on that album was phenomenal. The problem was a lot of critics and fans were pretty narrow minded about it. Whenever I hear someone make fun of that project I usually just ask, "Did you ever listen to the album?" Never, not once, has anyone said yes. Everyone I know that has actually listened to it thinks it is pretty great, and many of those people are not die-hard Garth fans. I think a lot of people just take their cue and respond how they think they are supposed to, which is make fun of it, whether they have heard it or not.

- I haven't listened to the Garth Channel much so I haven't heard many of those little vignettes. What I have heard has been very insightful.

- The Vegas Show - I'm not one of those people that praises every move that Garth does. As I've said before, I think you can be a die-hard fan and make rational, fair criticisms. That being said, the Vegas show was PHENOMENAL!!! To me Vegas was one of the best, most interesting things he has ever done. It was clearly a gamble. For that he deserves all the praise in the world. That took guts and I cannot praise that move enough. I wish he would take more gambles like that.

- Setlist - Both of us being Metallica fans you know that people gripe about their setlists constantly. I often think that criticism is quite unfair. I think they do a phenomenal job of trying to play the big hits and yet rotate some gems every now and then. I get that Garth has to play tons of those hits. I am in no way suggesting otherwise. I just wish he would rotate a couple of slots every now and then. The "house cleaning" segment is the highlight of every show for me now. I'm not sure how many shows I would have gone to this tour (I'm at 6 right now and waiting on Nashville to be announced) if it wasn't for that segment. You are correct. It does show that he cares about those album cuts and is even willing to play snippets of them. The fact that those are getting longer and longer is very cool. Last time I saw him in Memphis he did a 36 song setlist with an extremely long "house cleaning" segment. I have no complaints about that. I hope he keeps that segment of the show. I am a little fearful if he does festivals in the future that that segment will go away.

I just wish he would rotate a couple of slots every now and then.
    100% agree. I know he often cuts songs (Fever is out of the show completely now and Ain't Goin Down gets cut every once in a while these days), but he rarely substitutes songs. Meaning that if he cuts Ain't Goin Down because he's simply bone tired (understandable), he usually doesn't throw in another easier song to take its place. He just moves on to the next song in the established set. But I'm 100% with you. I would totally love for him to rotate 3-4 spots on the setlist every show to give it some variety, especially since he plays multiple shows each city.

Btw... did you see Met's setlist from last night?

Man these are great questions, I love the bit about asking him questions about projects that never eventuated.

I would ask him,

"What happened to the movie project with Martin Scorsese and the movie project with Sandra Bullock?

You said during retirement you would like to play Tijmana Square in China, were there ever talks?

The phone call you were said you going to have with Sir Paul McCartney, what was it like speaking to a beatle?

The back and forth of the International part of the tour, in two separate interviews in July 2016 you hinted at touring australia and newzealand for December, again this year you said that , and then later you said you might just put up your feet and play festivals, pretty soon after that, you started talking about the North American Leg of the tour ending, so are you actually going to tour outside the USA now?

This question was already asked on Studio G but I would ask him a bit more and say something like

"This tour has seen a ton of social media footage from every concert, because of this are you on your best behavior more, in the early 90's some of your concerts were quite RAW because it wouldnt be filmed, do you feel your concerts are now watered down a bit, and would either banning cell phones (like you did in vegas) or actually not caring about what gets filmed would give the concerts a more organic feel.

The live album coming out this year would appeared to be like your previous live album, a lot of studio work done to it, do you feel that hurts the authenticity of a live album?

Is the book coming out going to have new insights on your life and your thoughts on the music industry in general and the changes that have happened since you started your career?

What is the biggest thing you have actually done in your career? and is there a bigger project coming?

Didn't Garth also talk about the potential of doing another residency at the Wynn or possibly at the Ryman? Even though it was not official, I do think that gave some insight into where his head is for the upcoming years.

Garth Latest's tweet.

The countdown till the end of the North American Tour begins.

Heres a question to add.

"So when will the start of the European/NewZealand/Australia begin?

+ Reply to Thread