+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Only 2 stops left or are there more?

It would appear to me, what he said a wee while ago is correct, I think there is only more city left in North America to be announced and that is nashville.

I mean OKC and Nashville must be the last two stops, hes not to end his tour in Seattle or something.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 05-23-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Does the NHL play at the weekends? Like on a Sunday?

I see Ed Sheeran is playing a Friday and Saturday in October. Chris Stapleton is playing a Friday and Saturday the week after. So does the arena need their Sunday's free for their matches?

If so, Garth could be playing in Nashville in September.
    If the Predators are at home, they're usually going to play every 2-3 days, so it's highly likely there would be a game over a Friday-Sunday period.

Generally there is a pattern, like they play mainly on Sundays at home, which could be the case in October. I honestly don't know how it works with the NHL, or if they can block off dates prior to the NHL schedule being made up. It's possible you're correct that the Predators play on Sundays at home, so they had to keep those Sundays in Oct. open.

Obviously it's different with playoffs, as Garth cancelled Tampa shows when they were in the Finals a couple of years back. The NHL had priority apparently, although if I recall they were trying to work something out, and Garth decided to just cancel the shows.

They cancelled Tampa due to the safety of both crews, it would have been​ alot of people from NHL and GB's crew switching the stage to ice rink...I had tickets��

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    If the Predators are at home, they're usually going to play every 2-3 days, so it's highly likely there would be a game over a Friday-Sunday period.

Generally there is a pattern, like they play mainly on Sundays at home, which could be the case in October. I honestly don't know how it works with the NHL, or if they can block off dates prior to the NHL schedule being made up. It's possible you're correct that the Predators play on Sundays at home, so they had to keep those Sundays in Oct. open.

Obviously it's different with playoffs, as Garth cancelled Tampa shows when they were in the Finals a couple of years back. The NHL had priority apparently, although if I recall they were trying to work something out, and Garth decided to just cancel the shows.
    Thanks for this, so September is most likely. I suppose we'll find out around July-August.

Just a guess

Banker's field arena in Indianapolis September 15, 16, 17 and Nashville the weekend after 23, 24, 25 of September.

Would he really end his tour in September? I definitely heard November being the end.

More guessing but maybe he ends in September but has something special in November for the Triple Life release and possible Demo project. It would give him time prep for it...

Lots of media outlets in Ireland reporting today that Garth is coming back to Ireland in 2018 for 3 Stadium Shows. They are reported to be Dublin, Thomond Park in Limerick and Pairc Ui Caoimhe in Cork.

https://www.joe.ie/music/garth-brook...xt-year-589387

In the USA, the best country in the world
    if it's the truth, should be awesome! hopefully someone will get good audio/video of a whole show, or maybe Garth's people will record/over produce a special
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

YEAH baby

Garth isnt going to Ireland afterall.

(Is Garth's rep Nancy Seltzer???)

Garth Brooks' rep has categorically denied reports he's coming to Ireland in 2018

Rep says “not true at all”

http://www.dailyedge.ie/garth-brooks...06456-May2017/

This is starting to get really really old.

I don't know why they come out with this trash. I thought it might be believeable this time. I thought because his tour is due to end this year, just maybe he's free next year. But I guess if it's true they won't come out with it until it's time for the announcement which I'm guessing will be October or November.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I don't know why they come out with this trash. I thought it might be believeable this time. I thought because his tour is due to end this year, just maybe he's free next year. But I guess if it's true they won't come out with it until it's time for the announcement which I'm guessing will be October or November.
    Not really sure what to think, after thinking about it, it was a pretty strongly worded denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Not really sure what to think, after thinking about it, it was a pretty strongly worded denial.
    Of course it was strongly worded. Doesn't mean he isn't playing there next year, and it doesn't mean it's not happening. Like I said in my post in the Ireland Debacle 2.0 thread over in Main, artists deny stories that are 100% true ALL THE TIME either because they aren't ready to announce the thing yet, or they want to be the ones to break the story. In fact, I've actually seen artists strongly and categorically deny press rumors of a tour on a Tuesday, and then announce that very tour on Wednesday. Artists like to be the ones to announce their stuff, not confirm rumors peddled by the press.

And this is Garth. He generally refuses to announce any shows more than 6 weeks before they happen. So these Ireland shows, if they happen, are a YEAR away. SO much can happen between now and then. And with what happened in Ireland last time, I expect Garth will play that announcement even closer to the vest this time around. He will want to control everything about the announcement. He will want to make sure the shows are 1000% a for-sure thing before he even breathes an announcement about them.

Otherwise, he could really end up with an actual Ireland debacle 2.0. If his rep confirmed the report now, in 2017, that would give all the haters in Ireland who were pissed about last time a year to derail the shows. It'd be a year of answering awful press questions about the 2014 debacle "and what Garth plans to do to avoid something similar happening next year," etc etc etc. The whole thing would be a ticking time bomb hot potato that he likely just doesn't want to deal with yet. Right now, he's focusing on finishing up North America. He's focusing on the new live album, and maybe the demo box. In other words, right now he's focusing on 2017. He'll deal with 2018 when it gets here.

Not alot has changed with the licenses application since the last time. So because of that, announcements will be made at least 6-7 months in advance for any outdoor concerts. Garth has no control over the whole thing.

If he is playing Ireland, and if he combines that with a Festival tour in Europe, you won't hear anything until January/February, when the festivals start announcing their lineups. You may hear rumours just before that, but usually these festivals keep things close to the vest until they announce who is appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    If he is playing Ireland, and if he combines that with a Festival tour in Europe, you won't hear anything until January/February, when the festivals start announcing their lineups. You may hear rumours just before that, but usually these festivals keep things close to the vest until they announce who is appearing.
    I heard that there is a definite act for the new stadium in Cork for next May. I don't know who though. I'm hoping it's Garth. If he's​ planning on touring here next May, we will have something before Christmas. I'm thinking November at the very latest.

There is a phrase in sporting circles that the Bookies rarely get it wrong, for what it's worth - One of the biggest betting companies in Ireland have Garth at 1/50 to play Cork.. That's as sure a bet as you will get anywhere!

Doing four shows in OKC, sold over 50K tickets broke his record!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Doing four shows in OKC, sold over 50K tickets broke his record!
    Surprised there wasn't more shows in his home state.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Surprised there wasn't more shows in his home state.
    Me too! Tulsa was toward the beginning of the tour and Dallas which is only 2.5 hrs. drive was almost 2 years ago I think. I'm not sure these shows actually even sold out right away. I was still getting notifications of tickets in groups of 4 to all shows even 12 hrs later. It was almost like more tickets became available, because I couldn't pull tickets to the Saturday evening show. Pretty happy with Floor tickets to Saturday afternoon though.
    Happiness isn't getting what you want, it is wanting what you've got.
    GB

Quote Originally Posted by kcflyer View Post
    Me too! Tulsa was toward the beginning of the tour and Dallas which is only 2.5 hrs. drive was almost 2 years ago I think. I'm not sure these shows actually even sold out right away. I was still getting notifications of tickets in groups of 4 to all shows even 12 hrs later. It was almost like more tickets became available, because I couldn't pull tickets to the Saturday evening show. Pretty happy with Floor tickets to Saturday afternoon though.
    Nice!! I wasn't lucky enough to pull floor seats. Got club seats for the late show Friday.

I'm also surprised there are not more shows because tickets on the secondary market are outrageous in OKC. The first market I remember in a long time where every shows lowest secondary market ticket is higher than face value. He usually makes a point to stick it to the scalpers. We could double our money with our club tickets if we sold them (won't).

Four shows is still pretty amazing, 50K plus tickets.

+ Reply to Thread