+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Only 2 stops left or are there more?

Only 2 stops left or are there more?

With the KC shows happening and the announcement of the LA shows I've got to admit I'm a little confused. From day one Garth stated a couple of times that Kansas City, Los Angeles, OKC, and Nashville would be the last 4 stops of the tour. He also stated at the beginning of the year there were 20 dates left on the tour.

When Kansas City was announced as the 9th city of the year (when I had just assumed it would be the 17th) my thought was that maybe there were some conflicts with the arena that necessitated it being moving up. Now here we are with LA being the 12th city of the year and the new statement about "the beginning of the end".

I also noticed some interesting statements on the Facebook Live the last few weeks.

1. Last week he talked about there was something going on with "these last 10 cities" from the on sales melting the systems to the shows. He is clearly including Champaign and Kansas City in this statement and the way he says it it sounds like he may even be including more than those two cities. If that is the case we are well within the last 10 cities and with Champaign being #8 this year that is a little bit of a surprise.

2. The other thing is this week he stated that the 4 cities from retirement had to be "toward the end". He did not say the last 4 which I'm positive has been said before.

What I'm wondering is are we at the very end (meaning OKC and Nashville are all that is left) or are there some cities still going to be added in between those?

I'm not sure anyone really knows but Garth and his team, but I could see either happening. If the tour really includes 20 cities this year there are still 8 more cities to be announced (including OKC and Nashville). If these 4 retirement cities are actually the end of the tour then we may see OKC and Nashville announced next. The whole "beginning of the end" statement is interesting. That could be stretched out and used the rest of the year or that could be what he uses for these last 3 cities.

Again, I don't have the answers. I just think it is interesting. Either there are not 20 cities this year OR those cities are not the very last 4, like I had always thought he had said, and there will be some thrown in between them.

I think one of the emails for the Los Angeles announcement said LA would be the last stop in California, Arizona, & Nevada. If only OKC and Nashville were left, then he'd bill it as the last western US stop. I don't think he's played Seattle/Vancouver yet, has he? Call it a hunch, but I suspect he'll have 2-3 more stops besides OKC, LA, & Nashville.

I think he will play every possible city he can. He hasn't played Indiana yet. I think there's an opening in October to play there. So I think he's calling it the beginning of the end because he's in the second half of the year by the time he plays LA

You guys may be right. Obviously, if there really are 20 cities this year there are 6 more besides OKC and Nashville. I guess it is a little shocking with all the talk of those 4 cities being last. Maybe he really did just mean "towards the end" the whole time like he said last week. Who knows? Just hope Nashville remains the last city.

I suppose if someone had a record of the states he's named so far as part of his "final shows" announcements, you could perhaps figure which ones remain. Then you could eliminate the surrounding states where he's probably already done.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    You guys may be right. Obviously, if there really are 20 cities this year there are 6 more besides OKC and Nashville. I guess it is a little shocking with all the talk of those 4 cities being last. Maybe he really did just mean "towards the end" the whole time like he said last week. Who knows? Just hope Nashville remains the last city.
    I don't know that it's particularly "shocking" that the 4 retirement cities aren't the exact last 4 stops of the post-retirement tour. I mean, that would be a scheduling and logistics nightmare to try to work out. My perception has always been that those 4 cities would be toward the end, but not necessarily at the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I don't know that it's particularly "shocking" that the 4 retirement cities aren't the exact last 4 stops of the post-retirement tour. I mean, that would be a scheduling and logistics nightmare to try to work out. My perception has always been that those 4 cities would be toward the end, but not necessarily at the very end.
    "Shocking" may have been a little strong of a word. However, I'm pretty certain he said a couple of times at the beginning of the tour that those 4 cites would be THE last 4. It doesn't bother me personally one way or another. I'm just saying that I thought that is what he said. I don't think I'm the only one who thought that either.

If the tour was actually routed back in 2014, when he was talking about those cities being last, I'm not sure it would be difficult at all to make those the last 4 cities.

If the tour was actually routed back in 2014, when he was talking about those cities being last, I'm not sure it would be difficult at all to make those the last 4 cities.
    He may have generally routed the tour in 2014 by selecting which cities he wanted to visit. but i doubt they did all the scheduling and actual booking of the venues for each and every stop through the end of 2017 all the way back then. I'm sure booking was done along the way. Either way, not really sure why it matters that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    He may have generally routed the tour in 2014 by selecting which cities he wanted to visit. but i doubt they did all the scheduling and actual booking of the venues for each and every stop through the end of 2017 all the way back then. I'm sure booking was done along the way. Either way, not really sure why it matters that much.
    Other than trying to figure out when he is playing Nashville, where I live, it doesn't.

It doesn't matter how but when at this point. I would love to see him one more time atleast on this tour, which for me at this point would be requesting time off and making travel plans.

Im just happy in the fact that that several media outlets have been saying "Garth's coming towards the end of the NORTH AMERICAN LEG of his world tour"

He must be touring outside the USA.

My Mind is made up.

You cannot get more clearer than this.

This confirms it!!!

On Garth's official facebook page he has written.

Countdown to the END of the North American tour begins!

I know he didnt say "LEG" but if the tour was ending he would just say,

COUNTDOWN to END of TOUR.

He is touring overseas, has to be!!!

Still holding out hope for a return to Tampa.

Well if he announces, OK or Nashville as the next city, then its safe to say that their will only be one more city left.

Now, bring on the world!

Well, well, well.....now we have Kansas City down, and OKC and LA have both been announced. I think we may be down to only Nashville left. Of course, he could always announce another city or two in between but it looks like this may be it.

If Nashville is the only city yet to be announced then the earliest that show could be (based upon arena availability) would be the weekend of August 26. That weekend and the following weekend, September 2 are available. You also have the last 3 weekends of September and the last 2 weekends of October available. Although the public calendar of the arena is clear after that as well we all know that hockey season will start up at the very end of October/beginning of November. I'd say Garth in Nashville is going to have to be one of those handful of weekends above. I've got a gut feeling there are no more cities left and it may be the August 26 weekend and go into September 2 weekend if needed.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm..... all good speculation.. honestly? the first thing I had come to my mind when I read the announcement this morning was, "check out the speculation on PG to see what people are thinking- who will think he is doing 'x' while some think he's doing 'y', and 'garth should'... will also play a part.."

maybe I'm cynical, I don't know.. But OKC would be a great show to go see- unfortunately.. moving and $ will preclude the trip....
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Doubtful that he would do Oklahoma City & Nashville back to back. Also unlikely he would take a month off in the middle of summer, waiting for the Nashville arena to become available in late August.

My guess would be at least 2 additional cities, perhaps even more, in addition to Nashville.

He never hit Seattle/Vancouver either, which seems extremely surprising, since those are major cities for any concert tour, and skipping both doesn't make sense, given that he's played just about everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Doubtful that he would do Oklahoma City & Nashville back to back. Also unlikely he would take a month off in the middle of summer, waiting for the Nashville arena to become available in late August.

My guess would be at least 2 additional cities, perhaps even more, in addition to Nashville.

He never hit Seattle/Vancouver either, which seems extremely surprising, since those are major cities for any concert tour, and skipping both doesn't make sense, given that he's played just about everywhere else.
    I totally agree with your speculation about Seattle/Vancouver. I do think that is possible. I also think a North East stop is possible since he never advertised a date as the last date of the North East. However, I don't understand why you think it is unlikely OKC and Nashville would be back to back. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't be possible.

Also, it wouldn't be a month it would actually only be 3 weeks between shows and that is after playing 3 consecutive weekends. He's taken 2-3 weeks off numerous times throughout the tour so I don't see why this would be any different. If he's really working on Triple Live and a demos boxset it's not like he would be twiddling his thumbs during that down time getting ready for a release. He's got to re-record everything for the live album this summer. (Couldn't help myself.)

I know I could be wrong, but I'm about 99% certain that at the beginning of the tour he stated that the 4 cities he played in retirement would be the last 4 cities of the tour. That may not have been what he meant, but I'm positive that is what he actually said. Being a fan since the early 90s I've learned to pay close attention to every word he says (plus I'm therapist so I get paid to listen closely and to details) HA!

Of course, a few weeks ago he said something like those 4 would be towards the end so it changed. Point being, I know what he said at the beginning of the tour. That may not have been what he meant or things may have changed based upon arena availability or whatever. I'm just saying I know I didn't just make this up in some figment of my imagination. That is why I have brought up the idea that this is the end. At the same time he also said there would be 20 dates in 2017 and at this point only 13 cities have been announced so who knows really except for him and his people.

Let's be real, it wouldn't be the first time he said something and then changed it later because circumstances changed in his mind.

I did not realize there are 700 miles between OKC & Nashville. I assumed back to back was less likely because I thought they were closer.

But I still think there would be at least another city or two after OKC, but before Nashville, especially if the arena there is booked until late August. I can't see him taking more than a weekend off between cities during July/August, and he's not going to be in OKC for 6 weeks.

If he's really working on Triple Live and a demos boxset it's not like he would be twiddling his thumbs during that down time getting ready for a release. He's got to re-record everything for the live album this summer. (Couldn't help myself.)
    Haha!!!

You may be right. We shall see.

I think he has hinted at playing Indiana a few times, so I think there are more cities than just Nashville yet to be announced.

I see that Banker's field arena in Indianapolis is free in the second half of September and October. That's the only possible time he can play there.

Bridgestone Arena in Nashville is also free for a few weeks in September. Ed Sheeran, Chris Stapleton and Katy Perry are playing in October. The arena seems to be free in late October and November. So he could play that time as well.

I'm really following these last few cities because I'd like to see him in Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I see that Banker's field arena in Indianapolis is free in the second half of September and October. That's the only possible time he can play there.
    He could do Bloomington and play Assembly Hall at Indiana University rather than Banker's.

Quote Originally Posted by mbarker View Post
    He could do Bloomington and play Assembly Hall at Indiana University rather than Banker's.
    Assembly Hall is 17K+ capacity, and open until September 16. Certainly could be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by mbarker View Post
    It's a possibility. But the big names seems to play Bankers field arena so that's what I was basing my thoughts on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    It's a possibility. But the big names seems to play Bankers field arena so that's what I was basing my thoughts on.
    In L.A., Staples Center is now the arena for the larger acts, but Garth is playing the Forum. I'm sure there are other considerations such as cost and availability.

If he's ending in Nashville, I'm taking a guess that they would make it for before the hockey season starts in late September. Unless they were able to block out weekend dates before the NHL makes their schedule for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    In L.A., Staples Center is now the arena for the larger acts, but Garth is playing the Forum. I'm sure there are other considerations such as cost and availability.

If he's ending in Nashville, I'm taking a guess that they would make it for before the hockey season starts in late September. Unless they were able to block out weekend dates before the NHL makes their schedule for next season.
    Does the NHL play at the weekends? Like on a Sunday?

I see Ed Sheeran is playing a Friday and Saturday in October. Chris Stapleton is playing a Friday and Saturday the week after. So does the arena need their Sunday's free for their matches?

If so, Garth could be playing in Nashville in September.

+ Reply to Thread