+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Studio G: May 8th

Studio G: May 8th

No news really. A bit on his opening act.

He may do the Wynn thing again at some stage, either at the wynn or somewhere else.

Someone asked him if he will he tour Oklahoma in the summer, he mentioned something along the lines of
    (I think I got this right) the last four cities of the tour will be the four cities he did in retirement, OK,LA,Kansas, Nashville, and then he said I hope that answers your question.

And that was basically it for any newsworthy.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 05-08-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    No news really. A bit on his opening act.

Someone asked him if he will he tour Oklahoma in the summer, he mentioned something along the lines of
    (I think I got this right) the last four cities of the tour will be the four cities he did in retirement, OK,LA,Kansas, Nashville, and then he said I hope that answers your question.
    I wonder if Garth even really knows from day to day what exactly he's doing. I thought he was a very hands on guy, so the constant misinformation is very odd. Unless perhaps I misunderstand your description of what was said.

So KC, one of the cities played in retirement, will be one of the last 4 cities on the tour. I guess that means Billings & Lafayette are not part of the tour, since he's scheduled to play them After KC, and he supposedly said KC will be one of the last 4 cities on the tour.

Unless of course, he's going to come back and play KC again, meaning it still could be one of the last 4 cities. Or....and this is a stretch....he does not think of Billings or Lafayette as "cities," maybe they're more like "towns," so they're exempt from being part of the final 4 "cities."

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I wonder if Garth even really knows from day to day what exactly he's doing. I thought he was a very hands on guy, so the constant misinformation is very odd. Unless perhaps I misunderstand your description of what was said.

So KC, one of the cities played in retirement, will be one of the last 4 cities on the tour. I guess that means Billings & Lafayette are not part of the tour, since he's scheduled to play them After KC, and he supposedly said KC will be one of the last 4 cities on the tour.

Unless of course, he's going to come back and play KC again, meaning it still could be one of the last 4 cities. Or....and this is a stretch....he does not think of Billings or Lafayette as "cities," maybe they're more like "towns," so they're exempt from being part of the final 4 "cities."
    LOL, i was confused about that part as well. I think it's safe to say he's definitely in the last 20 cities.

I may of heard wrong, but im pretty sure he said that the last cities on the tour will be the ones that he played during his retirement, and it will be the summer?

Again I could be wrong.

I didn't watch it but that has to be wrong. There was an opening for a few weeks in Nashville in June/July, so that would have to have been announced by now if he was to play in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post

I went back and watched the response to the question and he DID NOT say that the 4 cities he played in retirement were the last 4 cities of the tour. He said something like he had always said the 4 cities he played in retirement would be near the end of the tour. He mentioned each of the cities by name (Kansas City, LA, OKC, and Nashville) and then said "I hope that answers your question."

I imagine the intention always was for those 4 cities to be the last 4 and probably some scheduling issue or something forced KC to be moved up.

As far as the talk of Nashville in the summer, I have always thought that was a huge stretch. He has continually stated there were 20 cities left starting 2017. At the pace he has toured that would put him in Nashville, which he has said a couple of times is last, in October/November. I'd be shocked if that isn't when the Nashville stand is.

He said at one time that Nashville would be the last city on the tour.

What do you think, some kind of television event with a promo of this next live album with the last city? Or at least a DVD out of it? He's done live tv with L.A. twice. So he's no stranger to that if it's not Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    He said at one time that Nashville would be the last city on the tour.
    I'm almost positive I've seen him say this two different times. I think it was an interview with Cody Allan on CMT a couple of years ago and then I believe he said it in an interview with a Nashville news outlet. The comment was something like, "I think Nashville would be a good place to end the tour" when asked when he was playing in Nashville again.

Obviously, this can change. I'm pretty sure he had also said that the 4 cities he played during his retirement would actually be the last 4 cities of the tour. Since he is playing KC now that obviously changed. Point being, I think it could change, but based upon what he has said in the past I think Nashville is probably locked in as the final city.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    What do you think, some kind of television event with a promo of this next live album with the last city? Or at least a DVD out of it? He's done live tv with L.A. twice. So he's no stranger to that if it's not Nashville.
    I think this is a great question because I have no idea what he will do. He can be so unpredictable, and sometimes that is good, when it comes to how he does do promotion.

I know what I hope for. I really hope we get Triple Live and this demo project/box he keeps talking about this fall. My dream would be that with Triple Live we get some sort of live box set. I've said this in other threads, but we know he recorded Yankee Stadium, Vegas and The Ryman. He could release DVDs of those show with Triple Live. Other artists, like The Rolling Stones, have released boxes with numerous concerts in them. Why not? Not predicting this is what he will do just hoping.

I also hope we get this demo project/box set too. Shoot, maybe he could combine the two and make a big box set that is live and demos that features Triple Live, some DVDs and then CDs of the demos. No idea what he will actually do, but we can dream right? HA!

I do think we are going to see Triple Live and the demos in some configuration this fall and I think a box is likely so who knows what it will look like.

+ Reply to Thread