+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Studio G: MAY 1st 2017!!

Studio G: MAY 1st 2017!!

Opps, my previous post said May 2nd. I meant may the 1st, sorry for the confusion.

On Twitter Garth is asking people from St Louis to send in their ask garth questions, thru their local radio station the BULL.

It would appear Ask Garth may be going local, every week.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 05-01-2017 at 07:35 PM.

THERE'S HOPE FOR OVERSEAS FANS.

GARTH said something along the lines of

"For the North America leg of the tour"

So that must mean hes going to tour outside North America.

A Book is coming. On ask garth someone ask him if he would ever write a book. He laughed and said something along the lines for the last two week hes been talking, but cant say anything at the moment.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 05-01-2017 at 08:20 PM.

What kind of book though? A book on his tour? Would he release Vegas/NYC on DVD as well?

No other announcement, No actual news, a couple of throw away lines hinting at a book and near the start he said "The last 10 cities of the North american leg of the tour"

Surly this means he is going to tour overseas??

I mean that is pretty specific, he must be touring outside the USA.

Again, nothing officially announced.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 05-01-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    What kind of book though? A book on his tour? Would he release Vegas/NYC on DVD as well?
    the question was, Will he ever write a book about this travels and adventures about his time on the road. garth laughed and said "As far as a Book, Dave, Ive been telling you for the
    last two weeks, I cant say anything about it"

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    No other announcement, No actual news, a couple of throw away lines hinting at a book and near the start he said "The last 10 cities of the North american leg of the tour"

Surly this means he is going to tour overseas??

I mean that is pretty specific, he must be touring outside the USA.

Again, nothing officially announced.
    Yep, I caught that too. He said something along the lines of "there's something going on with the energy in the last 10 cities of this run, of the North American leg of the tour..."

There was something about the way he worded it that, to me anyways, gave the strong impression that there will indeed be a non-North American leg of the tour.

So everyone who has been threatening to burn their Garth Brooks Underoos these past few weeks over the tour being only in North America, you might want to hold off on lighting that match for a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Yep, I caught that too. He said something along the lines of "there's something going on with the energy in the last 10 cities of this run, of the North American leg of the tour..."

There was something about the way he worded it that, to me anyways, gave the strong impression that there will indeed be a non-North American leg of the tour.

So everyone who has been threatening to burn their Garth Brooks Underoos these past few weeks over the tour being only in North America, you might want to hold off on lighting that match for a little bit.
    Haha.

The decision must of been made, he has to be touring outside the USA/Canada now.

Even if he doesnt get down here, Im thrilled for what other countries he might tour in.

Theres no doubt in my mind now that he is touring outside the USA. Either at the end of this year, or during 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    the question was, Will he ever write a book about this travels and adventures about his time on the road. garth laughed and said "As far as a Book, Dave, Ive been telling you for the
    last two weeks, I cant say anything about it"
    So this fall, we're likely getting the new live boxed set, a possible box of demos, and now a book? Not bad!

My guess is the book will be more of a coffee table book...lots of cool pictures, small stories, etc. I just can't see Garth releasing some sort of autobiography right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    My guess is the book will be more of a coffee table book...lots of cool pictures, small stories, etc. I just can't see Garth releasing some sort of autobiography right now.
    Agreed.

Thanks for the update! Not burning anything yet! Hahahaha! Here's to hoping Garth is coming to Europe!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

He said this weekend was the first crowd to sing the words back to him on Ask Me How I Know. To be fair, when I saw him in Lubbock he had to words on the screen. But the fact they sang it back to him means they were at least familiar with it.

There has been so many books written about Garth, it would be interesting to have one from his own perspective of his life and career. So I really hope it's more than just a coffee table book. That's basically what his box set books are.

So this fall, we're likely getting the new live boxed set, a possible box of demos, and now a book? Not bad!
    Yeah, this is pretty exciting. I'm wondering how he is going to configure it all. With Triple Live it seems like their could be numerous ways he configures this thing.
    - It could just be a stand alone release.
    - It could be part of a live box set of some sort. Can you imagine if we get a live box set featuring DVDs of Yankee Stadium, Vegas, and the Ryman? (I know, not likely at all, but I can dream HA!)
    - It could be included as part of the whole demo box set that appears to be happening. (More on that below)
    - You also have to wonder if there will be different covers for Triple Live. There ended up being 11 different covers for Double Live so I don't think it is a stretch he continues that trend.

As far as the Demo release is concerned I feel pretty sure it is going to be a box set of some sort. If I'm not mistaken in the SXSW presser he mentioned something to the effect that there may be more material in "this release", referring to the demo project, than "the last box". That to me makes it pretty clear we have a box set coming of demos. What that box set contains, and if Triple Live is a part of it, remains to be seen.

As far as a book is concerned, I really hope it is an autobiography of sorts, but I have a gut feeling it will be a coffee table book/picture book with some stories as mentioned by others.

Don't know how or what, but somehow in all of this, there has to be some sort of "Amazon Exclusive" something. Whether it be extra tracks...or whatever. Mark my words on that one!

The Champaign, Illinois press conference was very telling to me. He specifically said "....North American leg of the tour is nearly over...." 2 or 3 times in that presser. If there was no plans to tour overseas I believe he would just say the tour is nearly over.

Quote Originally Posted by Inman View Post
    The Champaign, Illinois press conference was very telling to me. He specifically said "....North American leg of the tour is nearly over...." 2 or 3 times in that presser. If there was no plans to tour overseas I believe he would just say the tour is nearly over.
    It's obvious, Garth was unhappy with the changing of Planet Garth's Forum title, so he decided that shows outside North America were necessary.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    It's obvious, Garth was unhappy with the changing of Planet Garth's Forum title, so he decided that shows outside North America were necessary.
    possibly .

Or, people jumped the gun to complain about the tour locations..... just sayin

regardless.. who knows... I'm already having to look forward to 'the next tour'.. as he's long been through Colorado and gone again now..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Or, people jumped the gun to complain about the tour locations..... just sayin
    Ding Ding Ding.... Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Ding Ding Ding.... Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
    hehe, guilty, my bad.

Although lately I can be forgiven for thinking that he wouldnt be touring outside North America.

+ Reply to Thread