+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Former band members

Former band members

Garth was asked in today's Champagne, Illinois press conference how many original crew members did he still have from the last time he was there? Which I believe the reporter was referring more towards the band and not so much the crew. But Garth answered all but 2 and that they had passed away. I know that his sister Betsy died but she left to pursue her own career fairly early on and was replaced by Mark Greenwood. The other 2 that come to mind are James Garver(acoustic/electric guitar player) and Steve McClure (steel). I believe McClure is in Texas and still plays a lot with some of the Red Dirt
    guys. As for James I've never been able to find anything out about what he's doing now or why he didn't rejoin the band. I know he wasn't at the KC shows in 2007 either. And again Garth may have just been referring to the crew when answering the question. That just seems crazy to me that he could possibly have all but 2 of the original crew from the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Inman View Post
    Garth was asked in today's Champagne, Illinois press conference how many original crew members did he still have from the last time he was there? Which I believe the reporter was referring more towards the band and not so much the crew. But Garth answered all but 2 and that they had passed away. I know that his sister Betsy died but she left to pursue her own career fairly early on and was replaced by Mark Greenwood. The other 2 that come to mind are James Garver(acoustic/electric guitar player) and Steve McClure (steel). I believe McClure is in Texas and still plays a lot with some of the Red Dirt
    guys. As for James I've never been able to find anything out about what he's doing now or why he didn't rejoin the band. I know he wasn't at the KC shows in 2007 either. And again Garth may have just been referring to the crew when answering the question. That just seems crazy to me that he could possibly have all but 2 of the original crew from the 90s.
    From what I've heard Garver was too busy with running a construction company that he owns I think in Oklahoma (don't quote me on that). I found out a little something on Ty England awhile back, apparently because he hasn't rebounded back for so long after having just one hit song, he's partially retired and moving to Real Estate and I think he might be doing good with it.

+ Reply to Thread